Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cadaverdog View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I refuse to let this place fall victim to the PC brigade.

That, and I'm not fat any more so I am enjoying shitting on people who are
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
      Not being a dick isn't the same as being PC.
      Sound about right for this place.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
        Naw. Arron Spelling called it stardust. Not everyone has it. Wolf doesn’t have it.
        Tori Van Halen?

Comment

If the kids last name wasn't VH, He'd probably have a hard time getting a job answering Emails for Explorer 1 music, never mind anything else. I realize he'll never hurt for money to live. but I can't help wondering it the kid has other interests he'd been better at, but his father pushed him into play guitar (either by example, or otherwise). By, and large kids of very successful musician are never that hungry/talented, and tend to be entitled besides having a last name that opens doors..
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

[QUOTE=Seshmeister;1942406]Tori Van Halen?

Beverly Hills 5150
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by Igosplut View Post
              If the kids last name wasn't VH, He'd probably have a hard time getting a job answering Emails for Explorer 1 music, never mind anything else. I realize he'll never hurt for money to live. but I can't help wondering it the kid has other interests he'd been better at, but his father pushed him into play guitar (either by example, or otherwise). By, and large kids of very successful musician are never that hungry/talented, and tend to be entitled besides having a last name that opens doors..
              Who knows. I really don’t know how proficient Wolfie’s music skills are. I have a high school buddy who produces music scores and has done really well. My wife’s nephew did the band thing for awhile and then became a sound engineer. He’s made enough to buy a new home. Wolfie might be able to make a living in music but not at the level his dad did. Oh well. At least he’s not a train wreak riddled with drug addiction. His obesity will bite him on the ass though. Diabetes is the biggest killer in the US now and people who have been inactive and fat their whole lives rarely lose the weight and shape up.
              Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-25-2020, 03:44 AM.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

He can play an instrument no doubt but can he write a good song which really does not always mean you can compose. You see all these little kids playing classical master works but seldom do any have actual composing skills. Knowing how to use big words in a sentence does not mean you can write a good story. Honing natural skill means you have great craft, but you have to be able to create which is what defines being an artist... there are lots of brilliant song writers who cannot play half as good as him
                I got lost in the...

Comment

The best I can tell is that he's a solid bassist and probably rips guitar. But writing? Who knows? I'm sure he can get work and beer money as a studio musician if nothing else, not for the money but just to keep his retirement stash topped off. Fronting a band is a different world...

Comment

Lazy, bloated sacks of protoplasm that they doubtless are.

"I'm not fat! I have problems with my glands!!"

Yeah, yeah. Put down the fucking potato chip bag and run those "glands" around the fucking block, Tubbo.

You know what irks the fuck out of me? Going to the supermarket and seeing seriously overweight people (at least 50 lbs or more) in their oversized motorized carts that take up more than half the aisle puttering around and reaching up with their Nifty Nabbers to get another bag of Fatty Salty Crispies or Crispy Salty Fattys snack packs.

Honestly, America has become a fat nation. Fat and stupid. And these people are happy to be both. Proud of their ignorance, with no self-discipline in terms of their eating habits. Just countless numbers of citizens who have said "fuck it".
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                      You know what irks the fuck out of me? Going to the supermarket and seeing seriously overweight people (at least 50 lbs or more) in their oversized motorized carts that take up more than half the aisle puttering around and reaching up with their Nifty Nabbers to get another bag of Fatty Salty Crispies or Crispy Salty Fattys snack packs.
                      DUDE

I saw that guy at the store today. He's in the motorized cart with the big ass basket on the front, and he's got FOUR packs of the tall Pepsi bottles on the plastic hanger laced around the outside of the basket. I'm thinking damn, that's why you're in that thing in the first place. And I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like. Didn't look at the rest of the cart, I was trying to get out of there.

There's an older guy that shows up to my gym around 3 am. Heavy guy, got braces on both knees. But he gets on that treadmill and he's up there for more than 45 minutes. I'm sure the doc told him "you gotta do SOMETHING." Better than a lot of people are doing.

Now...have I done everything the right way? No. Had I gone into it full hardcore I would have lost more weight in less time, but I was trying to keep some sense of normalcy. A bunch of small changes, no converting to a crazy diet. Guys at work will get pizza and say "oh, you can't eat that!" and that's not the case. I just don't eat the whole pizza in an hour any more
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

DUDE

I saw that guy at the store today. He's in the motorized cart with the big ass basket on the front, and he's got FOUR packs of the tall Pepsi bottles on the plastic hanger laced around the outside of the basket. I'm thinking damn, that's why you're in that thing in the first place. And I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like. Didn't look at the rest of the cart, I was trying to get out of there.

There's an older guy that shows up to my gym around 3 am. Heavy guy, got braces on both knees. But he gets on that treadmill and he's up there for more than 45 minutes. I'm sure the doc told him "you gotta do SOMETHING." Better than a lot of people are doing.

Now...have I done everything the right way? No. Had I gone into it full hardcore I would have lost more weight in less time, but I was trying to keep some sense of normalcy. A bunch of small changes, no converting to a crazy diet. Guys at work will get pizza and say "oh, you can't eat that!" and that's not the case. I just don't eat the whole pizza in an hour any more
                        Truth be told?

I could stand to lose 25 pounds.

It doesn't give me any sense of superiority to see these obese people grocery shopping, loading up their baskets with flat-out junk food (sodas, chips, ice creams, etc.).

It's just...what the fuck? Over the last 20 years, I've seen more and more middle-aged people doing this. Bad enough when these people are pushing their carts around doing it: when you're unable to walk and are using a motorized scooter and a grabber to grocery shop...I dunno, maybe junk food is working against you at that point(?)...however you arrived at that point, or whatever the circumstances were that brought you to that point?

That guy at your gym who shows up early? Hey, fuck me, you're right: that guy is trying. May be too late for him, but he hasn't thrown in the towel yet. He's going down with a fight.

Gluttony, combined with laziness and a lack of self-control? How understanding am I supposed to be about that stuff? I'm not pointing at these people and publicly shaming them. They're free to do what they want. They're free to expect me not to point at them and publicly shame them. They're not free to expect me not to mentally consider them willfully ignorant.

It's like, fuck, man...if you're gonna kill yourself, do it quick and bypass the slow suicide via Twinkie.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

I don't pay attention to the morons in the food section... What's chaps my hide is never finding decent skirt steak for making fajitas!!

I hear that Van Halen kid is putting out an album...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                            I don't pay attention to the morons in the food section... What's chaps my hide is never finding decent skirt steak for making fajitas!!

I hear that Van Halen kid is putting out an album...
                            I heard that, too...

On a more important note, let me know how that skirt steak fajita quest turns out.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                              Truth be told?

I could stand to lose 25 pounds.
                              I was down 40 in September, back up 10 from there because I go to the gym and look at the recumbent bike and go "eh..." I haven't been doing much cardio, I want to ride outside. Couple weeks back on the bike outside and I'll be good. The little cardio I am doing, I am only 22 seconds off pace so it's not too bad. Can only watch so much local news and HGTV while riding inside...

My friend is snottier about heavy people than I am. I am more "if I could do it, anyone can."

Comment

I was down 40 in September, back up 10 from there because I go to the gym and look at the recumbent bike and go "eh..." I haven't been doing much cardio, I want to ride outside. Couple weeks back on the bike outside and I'll be good. The little cardio I am doing, I am only 22 seconds off pace so it's not too bad. Can only watch so much local news and HGTV while riding inside...

My friend is snottier about heavy people than I am. I am more "if I could do it, anyone can."
                                I go up and down about 10-15 lbs every year. I've been hovering at the same range - about 25 lbs above what a doctor would say was my ideal weight - for a decade.

I get a slightly more than fair amount of exercise on a consistent basis year after year. For me, mostly it's my diet. Erratic in that I'll binge on some junk stuff here and there, then do a few weeks of fish/rice/veg. Plus, in the winter I find it difficult to keep as hydrated as I do in the summer.

At least I'm not tubby like Wolfgang Van Halen. Hey, had you heard he has a solo album deal? His first release will be mostly comprised of 30 second snippets he submitted unsolicited to McDonald's in hopes of them being used for background music in Big Mac commercials...
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...
                                X