X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    He's actually right, not only with San Miguel in the Philippines but with Singha beer in Thailand...

Plus if you recall from "Good Morning Vietnam", the light in the loafer bar owner told Robin Williams the Vietnamese beer had formaldehyde for "flavor"....
    Singha was so nasty we drank Mekong whiskey by the bottle instead. San Miguel was great until you got a green one. The bottles were worth way more than the beer because the reused them.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Satan
      No, Budweiser pretty much tastes like shit everywhere. Except possibly in the Czech Republic where it's an entirely different beer altogether.....

Svetly lezak means goat piss. That's why it's so popular there. They love that goat piss.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Stoli White Pomegranik and my own Hubris.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by SunisinuS
          Stoli White Pomegranik and my own Hubris.
          You've obviously lost touch with reality.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            He's actually right, not only with San Miguel in the Philippines but with Singha beer in Thailand...

Plus if you recall from "Good Morning Vietnam", the light in the loafer bar owner told Robin Williams the Vietnamese beer had formaldehyde for "flavor"....
            Well damn, how about that? Guess you really can get pickled on those things.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

No, Budweiser pretty much tastes like shit everywhere. Except possibly in the Czech Republic where it's an entirely different beer altogether.....

Hmmm... Reminds me of this swill...

Same brewery?
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
                You know.. I can only drink a Heineken if it's ice cold... any warmer and I just don't care for it... It has the reputation around here of being the official beer of douchebags - no offense, of course I'm just sayin...
                ...and I don`t care much what people might say ...Heineken also taste differently in Canada than in the U.S. Maybe a higher percentage of alcohol in Canada.
                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
                  Hmmm... Reminds me of this swill...

Same brewery?
                  It says Import brand alliance, St Louis, Mo on the label. I'd say they're both Budweiser products but not sure if it's the same brewery for both.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

lemonade
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      It says Import brand alliance, St Louis, Mo on the label. I'd say they're both Budweiser products but not sure if it's the same brewery for both.
                      Interesting indeed... Czech formula bud brought in to St.Louis and sold as an 'import'. Fuck you, Bud!!!

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Yeah, it's the same thing. Except they obviously couldn't call it "Budweiser" in the States, because they wouldn't want it confused with the domestic Clydesdale piss variety.

So they change the name, and like most "Americanized" imports, water it down, and then sell it for $10/6 pack (or worse)
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I always assumed bud must taste better in the states than in the uk or no one would drink it .
                          It's basically the anti - beer in the uk .
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VAiN
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            I always assumed bud must taste better in the states than in the uk or no one would drink it .
                            It's basically the anti - beer in the uk .
                            I'm willing to bet it's equally as shitty in the states as anywhere else.. it sucks.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

King of beers ...... My arse
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Yeah, it's the same thing. Except they obviously couldn't call it "Budweiser" in the States, because they wouldn't want it confused with the domestic Clydesdale piss variety.

So they change the name, and like most "Americanized" imports, water it down, and then sell it for $10/6 pack (or worse)
                                Nah, it's not the same, surely? Unless Anheuser-Busch succeeded in their mission to kill off the Czech Budvar (also called Budweiser). I think the Czech one is probably not allowed to use the name "Budweiser" in the US. There were legal challenges over this in the 90s, I think.

I will consult the Beer Companion (by Michael Jackson, 1993. No, not that Michael Jackson - but like the Buds, same name, different thang) - here you go: "Budweiser" was a generic name for any beer / lager brewed in the Czech town of Budweis, and Anheuser-Busch obviously made it their own in the US.

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...