X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    I fail to see what everybody is so upset about. It was an inevitability that S P A M M Y would make this reunion or even rumors of a reunion all about himself. With his shitty inane ballad rock and corporate producers like Mick Jones S P A M M Y made Van Halen what they are today: a forgettable dog and pony act that used to have a charismatic singer and viable good tunes. I hope you all understand that S P A M M Y wants you to have no fun whatsoever at a reunion show. So pay your outrageous ticket price and be brow-beaten with a tequila alcoholic/cocaine abuser who is so god damn in love with himself.

S P A M M Y is going to make sure that this will be the last enjoyable Van Halen related show you'll ever see and hear.
    This Hagar blather WAS inevitable, wasn't it?
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Look, as a fan, all I know is...

run run runaway, like a train running off the track...
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        This Hagar blather WAS inevitable, wasn't it?
        Of course he had to make this (alleged) reunion all about him.

Comment

• silverfish
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Terry
          Fuckin christ it's like teenaged girl shenanigans describing the Telephone Game between these fucks.
          Al, would you like me to perform at a proposed Eddie Tribute?
          Please circle

YES NO
          Originally posted by sadaist
          I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• LightningBolt
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Aug 2022

I was going to post something about the supposed "lovefest" between EVH and Sam..., but when I started searching online to refresh my memory of it, this came up from a few hours ago. Seriously?:

Sammy Hagar discussed a new song during an exclusive August 2022 interview that was written after Eddie Van Halen visited in a dream.

"I shouldn’t be hyping it now," Hagar tells UCR. "Nobody knows this but Michael Anthony, Jason [Bonham] and Vic [Johnson]. About two months ago, I had this dream and Eddie came. We were in a room like this, [with] a bunch of people around. It was just like he’d been gone. It was not like he was passed, but he had just been out of my life and we hadn’t seen each other for a while. He’s going, 'Man, let’s write some music!' I said, 'Yeah, fuck it, man. Here, let’s go!'"

Hagar says they "went over into a corner, in this room. He had a guitar and he played me this thing. It was like this lick – [just like] the last lick that Eddie Van Halen showed me, when I went back for the [2004] reunion tour and when he was a mess. I said, 'Eddie, show me your newest shit,' because every time I’d be around him I’d say, 'Show me your newest shit.' He’d say, 'Oh, check this out!'" In the dream, "he did this harmonic thing and he slid it up to a chord, like a slide guitar. We wrote a song with that lick," Hagar adds. "I remembered it. I got up in the morning and I wrote the song. It’s called, 'Thank You.' I used the fuckin’ lick that he showed me in the song. I told Jason, 'I just really don’t know what to say lyrically.' I’ve got goosebumps, head to toe, [talking about it]. So I wrote it [about that experience], and we’ll do that song someday."...

...""Now, that’s going to be an Eddie-influenced song, to the point that I’m going to co-write it with him. I’m going to give him credit and then maybe we’ll donate the money to charity, whatever," Hagar says. "You see, I feel so embarrassed about it because everyone’s going to say, 'Oh, look at Sammy trying to capitalize on Eddie.' No, I’m not. You don’t understand. This was a real fuckin’ dream, and I told you exactly what happened in it..."

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by LightningBolt
              I was going to post something about the supposed "lovefest" between EVH and Sam..., but when I started searching online to refresh my memory of it, this came up from a few hours ago. Seriously?:

Sammy Hagar discussed a new song during an exclusive August 2022 interview that was written after Eddie Van Halen visited in a dream.

"I shouldn’t be hyping it now," Hagar tells UCR. "Nobody knows this but Michael Anthony, Jason [Bonham] and Vic [Johnson]. About two months ago, I had this dream and Eddie came. We were in a room like this, [with] a bunch of people around. It was just like he’d been gone. It was not like he was passed, but he had just been out of my life and we hadn’t seen each other for a while. He’s going, 'Man, let’s write some music!' I said, 'Yeah, fuck it, man. Here, let’s go!'"

Hagar says they "went over into a corner, in this room. He had a guitar and he played me this thing. It was like this lick – [just like] the last lick that Eddie Van Halen showed me, when I went back for the [2004] reunion tour and when he was a mess. I said, 'Eddie, show me your newest shit,' because every time I’d be around him I’d say, 'Show me your newest shit.' He’d say, 'Oh, check this out!'" In the dream, "he did this harmonic thing and he slid it up to a chord, like a slide guitar. We wrote a song with that lick," Hagar adds. "I remembered it. I got up in the morning and I wrote the song. It’s called, 'Thank You.' I used the fuckin’ lick that he showed me in the song. I told Jason, 'I just really don’t know what to say lyrically.' I’ve got goosebumps, head to toe, [talking about it]. So I wrote it [about that experience], and we’ll do that song someday."...

...""Now, that’s going to be an Eddie-influenced song, to the point that I’m going to co-write it with him. I’m going to give him credit and then maybe we’ll donate the money to charity, whatever," Hagar says. "You see, I feel so embarrassed about it because everyone’s going to say, 'Oh, look at Sammy trying to capitalize on Eddie.' No, I’m not. You don’t understand. This was a real fuckin’ dream, and I told you exactly what happened in it..."
              Just when you think Spammy could not vomit any more excrement from his mouth he comes up with that.

Holy fuck is this guy insane.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I'll say this: Alex Van Halen is a way better drummer than baldy butt Jason "Nepotism" Bonham. Not being that great of a Van Halen fan myself Alex always seemed to get the raw deal in his own musical talent being in Eddie's shadow. Eddie never would have sounded and/or played as good without him. Jason Bonham is a Ginger Baker wannabe hack with a lot of rich daddy money. He has nowhere near his father's talent. The fool here is him.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What a cunt.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                    Al, would you like me to perform at a proposed Eddie Tribute?
                    Please circle

YES NO
                    That gave me a chuckle.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

When Hagar says he isn't trying to capitalize on Eddie, rest assured that means he's trying to capitalize on Eddie.

C'mon Sammy, dry your eyes...save all the tears you cried...tell us all what your Dreams...are made of.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        I'll say this: Alex Van Halen is a way better drummer than baldy butt Jason "Nepotism" Bonham. Not being that great of a Van Halen fan myself Alex always seemed to get the raw deal in his own musical talent being in Eddie's shadow. Eddie never would have sounded and/or played as good without him. Jason Bonham is a Ginger Baker wannabe hack with a lot of rich daddy money. He has nowhere near his father's talent. The fool here is him.

He's okay doing the Zeppelin stuff, I suppose, although no better than the drummer in that Zep tribute band Physical Graffiti I saw a few times in the late 1980s: Jason isn't any better than any other drummer I've ever heard essaying the Zep stuff...and the fact that he's Bonham's kid doesn't make him any more talented, just more marketable. On a technical level, John Bonham was far from the most difficult rock drummer, but he had great feel...very inventive with just hi-hat/snare/bass drum...and a good right foot.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Oh, PLU-EEEEZE. Phil Collins was a better wannabe Schleppy drummer than than Baldy Nepotism Boy. At least Phil tries to play like he's interested.

Recently read a book on Phil on his 80's decade reign and how Plagiarist Page wanted absolutely nothing to do with him but lost out on a last minute argument with Plant.
                          Last edited by Kristy; 08-25-2022, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Phil Collins sucks. Phil Collins has always sucked. Top 3 worst concerts I ever saw.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Phil Collins sucks. Phil Collins has always sucked. Top 3 worst concerts I ever saw.
                              Pretty much sucks... the only stuff he produced I cared for was work he did in Brand X, a jazz fusion group back in 74-80. No singing... all instrumental compositions. John Goodsall on guitar and Percy Jones on bass was beast back then.

One of my favorites is a tribute to Kristy call Born Ugly...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Collins was the weakest link in the Zep Live Aid thing. Tony Thompson was the better of the two drummers, and he used to play disco for a living, for fucks sake!!

And Page was most likely smacked up on "Keith Richards 1975" grade heroin, but that's beside the point.

That said though... I do have a slight grudging respect for Phil because he probably worked harder on Live Aid day than anybody, doing his own stuff and duets with Sting in London, then hopping a plane to Philly to play with Clapton & Zeppelin.
                                Last edited by FORD; 08-25-2022, 07:24 PM.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...