X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
    Not confused it's that they pissed off too many bank customers. Honestly, I have no idea why people bank with these big banks. I noticed when I was in San Jose, CA most the banks were Wells Fargo or Bank of America. No small banks. Maybe in some places that's the only choice.

I had a piece of commercial property that Wells Fargo bought the mortgage and when I went to sell it they didn't have any of the paperwork. What should have been a simple deal became a nightmare. If you think about it selling mortgages without the consent of the original parties involved should be illegal. A mortgage is a contract between parties and when you sell a mortgage and someone else becomes the owner legally you should have to negotiate a whole new mortgage because the name of one party on the contract has changed.

It's amazing how sloppy banking has gotten on the legal side of things. The people have just gotten fed up with it. Plus these big banks are still full of toxic assets on their books they are trying to saddle us for while they steal from their regular customers. Basically these institutions are still broke and they should fail. Good riddins.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Elliot Spitzer or John Edwards would have made a far better Attorney General (which is why I don't think either one's "sex scandals" were a coincidence.
      Yes! It was obviously the Ghost of Christmas Past that made both of them go out and fuck women other than their wives. FORD, you say some nutty things but saying that an affair is not the fault of the one who got his hand caught in the cookie jar is one of your best.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Like I said, I don't excuse either one for their stupidity, I just wonder why diaper head Vitter still has his job, and they don't?
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

John Edwards is a world class cunt by all accounts. Even for a politician.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

I actually think the entire Iraq invasion was much more simplistic...

I always go back and remember something that Bush said in a press conference about Saddam, saying "this is a guy who tried to kill my Dad".....

So while the WMD excuse works too, I think part of the reason Bush pushed towards invading Iraq was the failed assassination attempt on Bush 41 while he was in Kuwait in 1993....

Completely serious....
            Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 10-29-2011, 08:06 AM.
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Remember the chat from the ex president in South America though.

Bush had it in his head that wars are good for the economy. Someone had told him it was a win-win.

Even ignoring the staggering lack of morality in that position it's also been proved to be completely fucking wrong.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There we go.

President George W. Bush argued in 2004 that the best way to grow the U.S. economy was by waging war, according to former Argentine Prime Minister Néstor Kirchner.

Kirchner, in a meeting with Bush, suggested that the United States replicate the successful nation-building strategy it implemented at the end of World War II.

"And he stood up from his chair and got angry. He told me, 'A Marshall plan! No! That's a crazy idea from the Democrats. What needs to be done here, and the best way to revitalize the economy is -- the United States has grown based on wars,' he told me. That's what he told me," Kirchner recounted.

Bush added, said Kirchner, that "all the economic growth that the U.S. had had, had been based on the different wars it had waged."

The former Argentine leader, whose wife now heads the country, made the comments in an interview with Oliver Stone for his upcoming documentary "South Of the Border."

The film is co-written by Tariq Ali, a British intellectual, and Mark Weisbrot of the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Economic and Policy Research. The film opens in theaters June 25th.

Kirchner held a 50-minute meeting in Monterrey, Mexico with Bush in January, 2004.

The charge startled even Oliver Stone. "War? He said that?" Stone asked Kirchner, who was among a wave of progressive leaders elected in Latin America over the last decade.

"He said that, word for word," Kirchner assured Stone.

Stone followed up: "Is he suggesting that Latin America should go to war?"

No, said Kirchner. "Well, he was talking about the United States, never said South America. That the United States -- that it was a misunderstanding of the Democrats, that all the economic growth that the U.S. had had, had been based on the different wars it had waged."

The Kirchner interview is done through a translator and the subtitles on the screen don't exactly match what Kirchner was saying, but more closely reflect how his comments were being translated at the time. The Huffington Post had three separate native Spanish speakers translate Kirchner's remarks. His comments above are the result of those translations.

If Kirchner is accurately relaying the comments, that would make Bush the highest-ranking public official to state outright that war is and has been good for the American economy.
                <object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fI446mXonu0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fI446mXonu0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                  Kind of confused now of what to think of this anymore. I mean it made us look like assholes on the international scale in general, but what will people think of this 50 years from now?
                  You can never really forecast how history will play out. 50 years on will read much different than the swipe we were taught about World War II in that it's the victors who get to tell the story. Problem here is, there is no victory, no objective, nothing. And despite what we are being told/programmed this won't ever be a "complete" pullout (oooh, that sounded so dirty) in that there will always be "advisors" goons and Blackwater type thugs running a Wizard of Oz show behind the curtains.

Iraq will by far have more lingering effects than Veit Nam ever will. Not only did the US government (and I'll say government over military even though the military did the dirty work) destroy innocent lives as well as infrastructure we almost wiped out their culture as a bonus replacing it with a propagandized mindset of reeducation and yes, religion. Problem is, it obviously failed - just like in Afghanistan and like it will in Libya and Iran, North Korea or anyone Hillary & Co, decide to bomb if they get a hair up their collective assholes about not liking the current regime.

Maybe I sound like a paranoid New World Order conspiratist but take a look around you - there is no more democracy, at least not in the traditional sense. The US government brought anything but that to the Iraqi table.
                  Last edited by Kristy; 10-29-2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

If Bush really wanted to kick start the economy with some form of pseudo gov't spending, he should invested it in the space exploration.

being dead serious here.

look at all the technological innovations that came from the Apollo missions,

either that or invest that money towards public works projects due to the fact that the US did have a pretty hefty surplus at the time.

or improving our healthcare.

there's three easy ideas.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Well, the BCE themselves might have been motivated by the whole oil/currency thing, but that's not why the authors of PNAC wanted him gone. Their goal was -and still is - to remove anyone from the Middle East who can in any way challenge the military supremacy of Israel. Those Likudist cocksuckers were plotting to get rid of him since NuttyYahoos first term as Israel's PM in 1995.
                      If that's they're intention Ford, then they mightily fucked up to the extent that your theory makes no sense. Saddam's Army was little threat to anyone and barely was enough to deter Iran from incurring into Iraq's borders...It had more to do with a Neocon fantasy of setting up an 'oasis of democracy' in the Middle East, which actually makes less sense than many of your BCE conspiracy theories...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        Yes! It was obviously the Ghost of Christmas Past that made both of them go out and fuck women other than their wives. FORD, you say some nutty things but saying that an affair is not the fault of the one who got his hand caught in the cookie jar is one of your best.
                        So is having an affair the problem, or getting caught having the affair the problem...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy

Iraq will by far have more lingering effects than Veit Nam ever will....
                          Not really. Over ten times more Americans died is Southeast Asia than in Iraq...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Remember the chat from the ex president in South America though.

Bush had it in his head that wars are good for the economy. Someone had told him it was a win-win.

Even ignoring the staggering lack of morality in that position it's also been proved to be completely fucking wrong.
                            Yep. Immoral, and completely ignorant of actual history where draining wars have largely fostered economic malaise such as Vietnam did resulting in an off-again-on-again recession that lasted into the 1980s. Of course, many of these Republi'tards, with their self-deluded faux histories, are referring to the Great Depression ending with the onset of WWII, while ignoring that the Depression was largely ending over a year before America's direct involvement and that the U.S. economy was a staggering industrial juggernaut even AFTER the Depression had gutted the middle and working classes. So much so, that according to Adam Tooze in The Wages of Destruction, the prime mover of Hitler's policies was to acquire the Soviet Union and use it as an eventual industrial base so he could match American industrial production level in a foreseeable long war. Things didn't quite work out as he planned...

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              If that's they're intention Ford, then they mightily fucked up to the extent that your theory makes no sense. Saddam's Army was little threat to anyone and barely was enough to deter Iran from incurring into Iraq's borders...It had more to do with a Neocon fantasy of setting up an 'oasis of democracy' in the Middle East, which actually makes less sense than many of your BCE conspiracy theories...
                              Benji NuttyYahoo is a paranoid fascist. It doesn't have to make sense (and it doesn't) but that bastard (and his fellow Likudists in Mossad and the Israeli military) literally believe there's a new potential Hitler hiding behind every rock in the Middle East. Hell, just look at their propaganda campaign about Iran's fictional "nuclear weapons" for example. Even though Chimp and Darth even admitted that was all complete bullshit by 2007 or so, they ramped up the propaganda again the minute Obama took office, and sadly neither he nor Hillary seems interested in debunking what even a warmonger like Cheney already admitted was a lie.
                              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Not really. Over ten times more Americans died is Southeast Asia than in Iraq...
                                I was talking more on a global scale. So sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Working...