Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 EVH News - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVH News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
    TMZ, too

Eddie Van Halen has been flying between the United States and Germany to get treatment for throat cancer ... and we've learned he's been doing it very quietly for years.

As for how Eddie developed the cancer ... we're told he believes it's from a metal guitar pick he used more than 20 years ago. ....

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do the the massive amounts of alcohol, cocaine, and pot he's imbibed over the years...

Comment

Dave sounded bitter when mentioning Ed and the postponement of the tour. Was he aware of his health condition or what...
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Posted on a FB group. pic of EVH "out and about" but no date

and a tweet from his ex brother in law

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Guitar World rehashes the story

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Posted on a FB group. pic of EVH "out and about" but no date
            Ouch! Is it really Ed? Because if it is, then his state is very serious. You can't even recognize him.
            Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 10-14-2019, 01:10 PM.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
              Ouch! Is it really Ed? Because if it is, then his state is very serious. You can't even recognize him.
              He actually looks "healthy", but the swollen face means he's probably on steroids for some reason. Maybe serious, or not.
              sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                He actually looks "healthy", but the swollen face means he's probably on steroids for some reason. Maybe serious, or not.
                Could be steroids...I dunno, does the face swell from radiation treatment, or chemo?
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

So much buzz about this on the internet news over the last couple of days.

It makes part of me think no wonder the Van Halens try to always keep things private because of all of this shit which if you take a step back is basically a bunch of people trying to monetize your cancer v. make a statement and take away the gossip.

It's complicated but he's married to a publicist yet it seems like they often choose the worst of both worlds.

Comment

And the way TMZ (I guess it's not really employees, just hacks with cameras hanging around) stalks LAX, how has no one seen Ed there yet? He can't be that unrecognizable.

The metal pick thing reminds me of all the other shit..."I don't use a tuner, I tune the guitar to itself!"
                    Maybe it's long-delayed after-effects of all those years he used to "boil" his guitar strings, or dip his PAF double-coil pickups in hot surfboard wax...
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post

It makes part of me think no wonder the Van Halens try to always keep things private because of all of this shit which if you take a step back is basically a bunch of people trying to monetize your cancer v. make a statement and take away the gossip.

It's complicated but he's married to a publicist yet it seems like they often choose the worst of both worlds.
                      She's too busy dancing with her Latin teacher.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                        Could be steroids...I dunno, does the face swell from radiation treatment, or chemo?
                        My wife, the nurse, says yes sometimes.
                        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                          My wife, the nurse, says yes sometimes.
                          That's the 1st thing I thought of when I looked at the picture.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Frankly, it's kind of refreshing to NOT have a celebrity who feels compelled to constantly update the world on their activites.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

It’s because they don’t give a damn for whatever reasons. Making albums and going on tour doesn’t seem to be a high priority. VH seems to still sell tickets when they go out even after years of having terrible public relations. EVH Gear is still in business bringing new products out.

Stuff seems to sell whether Eddie is in the window waiving or not.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                                Frankly, it's kind of refreshing to NOT have a celebrity who feels compelled to constantly update the world on their activites.
                                Right. Plus every time I bought a ticket to a VH show Ed showed up and played well. What more do you want? Shit. Ed could be posting videos pimping EVH shit and bragging about how great it is. Naw. Let Sam do that. We don’t need another carnival barker on the internet.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...
                                X