Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official July 22 Kansas City, MO, Cricket Wireless Amphitheater Meetup/Review Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Glad you had a great time TwoFoolsaMinute. What did your son think?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Molly Blue View Post
                      Glad you had a great time TwoFoolsaMinute. What did your son think?
                      He says it was great and thanked me for taking him, but he just stood there stiff during the show. I nudged him and got him to pump his fist a couple of times during the Hey Hey Hey part of ATBL. So, I just have to take his word for it that he did have a good time.

Comment

Great clips. Dave's definitely pushing harder on this tour than the last one. That works both for and against him. DTNA is still a horror show. SOMEBODY has got to tell him about settling down with that damn song. He's gonna blow a gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by DLR Bridge View Post
                          Great clips. Dave's definitely pushing harder on this tour than the last one. That works both for and against him. DTNA is still a horror show. SOMEBODY has got to tell him about settling down with that damn song. He's gonna blow a gasket.
                          It is clearly a deliberate decision on his part.

How would you say it to him? In your own words Dave, if Beethoven came back no one wants to hear DA DA DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAARRRRRRRRRGH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH DA DA

Like 'I'll Wait' the song is only in the set because it counts as a hit because the single was in the US top 20 100 years ago.

It wouldn't have been if he had used the current melody.
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-23-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                            It is clearly a deliberate decision on his part.

How would you say it to him?

I'd say, "you know that thing you're doing? Yeah, don't do that anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute View Post
                              This version destroys that piece of shit on the Tokyo album..
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by 78/84 guy View Post
                                I think they wanted to play outside and have some fun. Then the critics go after them because they are playing smaller venue's ?? Big deal.

I have no idea where you're getting that idea that outdoor ampitheaters are generally smaller than indoor arenas....

Indoor they only hold on the average 15,000 or so, because they have to cut off about 1/4 of the arena where the stage is set up....

The vast majority of outdoor ampitheaters hold nearly 20,000, with 10,000 actual reserved seats and the other half in the lawn.....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...
                                X