X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

It's not just 87, they're missing half of their starting defensemen.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      It's not just 87, they're missing half of their starting defensemen.....
      & like I say about the Wings every year...get the injuries out of the way now...get everybody there for the playoffs

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

I watched that collision today (as did every hockey fan)........

I hope Sid recovers.....this is so not what the League needs....they need him to shine like Jordan

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Von Halen
          David and my oldest boy won a Michigan State Championship together when they were kids.
          Wow, that's pretty cool. I enjoyed Booth while he was down here.. my only problem with him is he's a north-south player... and you know what to expect - he'll bring the puck into the zone, try to get past a few guys then turn the puck over. He doesn't disappoint in the effort dept though. Hopefully he gets back in this year, but he hasn't been the same since he got knocked the fuck out 2 years ago...

I have to say, I'm overwhelmed by how well the Panthers are doing this year. Tallon's rebuild is in effect and working. This is the year we visit the playoffs after the 10-year drought!
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Matt White
            I watched that collision today (as did every hockey fan)........

I hope Sid recovers.....this is so not what the League needs....they need him to shine like Jordan

Well, which collision?

The one with Kunitz is not the one, it's the inadvertent elbow from Krejci.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Crosby's injured vagina is going to end his career.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

When is Malkin going to play like he can?
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Well, which collision?

The one with Kunitz is not the one, it's the inadvertent elbow from Krejci.....
                  An elbow is an elbow....but it was the collision with Kunitz that did it....the jarring impact...

Makes me wonder how often some of these guys wore mouth gaurds when they were kids............

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Matt White
                    An elbow is an elbow....but it was the collision with Kunitz that did it....the jarring impact...

Makes me wonder how often some of these guys wore mouth gaurds when they were kids............
                    No, Crosby said himself it was the Krejci hit, not Kunitz....

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

No, Crosby said himself it was the Krejci hit, not Kunitz....
                      The sad thing is I hope he isn't too far gone at this point...the League can't afford another Kariya....the instigator rule needs to go

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

JETS' FANS LOBBY FOR RETURN OF URINAL TROUGH AT MTS CENTRE

WINNIPEG -- Male hockey fans in the Manitoba capital want a faster way to answer the call of nature.

Hundreds have signed an online petition arguing bathrooms at the home of the Winnipeg Jets can't handle the current flow of traffic. And they have a retro solution -- they're calling on the MTS Centre to replace the modern single urinals with old-fashioned metal troughs.

The petitioners say most of the 15,000 hockey fans at games are beer-drinking men who need the bathroom at least once.

"Bring back the trough," reads the petition, that was signed by more than 200 people as of Wednesday morning. "After finishing 4+ beers, the average Joe has to go do his business. The new washroom service in the MTS Centre cannot handle the capacity."

They complain male fans have to spend too long in between hockey periods to pee and risk missing some of the action. The lineups also slow down traffic in the arena concourse, the petition argues.

"I think it's ridiculous that when u leave at the end of the second period to take a (pee) and come back in the middle of the third," wrote one signatory. "There is something seriously wrong with that!"

Replacing urinals with a trough would mean 10 guys could relieve themselves at a time instead of just four. The troughs were used in the old Winnipeg Arena and are still at Canad Inns Stadium, the former home of the CFL Blue Bombers.

Resurrecting the communal urinal has caught on among some diehard fans, both male and female.

One petitioner fondly remembers the trough as a "drive-through bathroom" with no lineup. Another says the trough "made it a joy to go pee."

"The system now is totally flawed and I almost pee my pants just waiting in line," he wrote.

"Everyone talks about the trough and how they miss it," wrote another. "We can get a lot more guys going to the can at once if we had the trough. I have missed the beginnings of periods and other events (concerts after intermission) just because I had to wait in line to take a leak. It's also incentive to buy less beer!"

At least one petitioner grumbled the current setup means men are being forced to line up "forever" just like women.

"MTS Centre washrooms must have been designed by a very bitter female," added another.

Many women -- who are no stranger to long bathroom lineups -- are sympathetic and supportive.

"Get it back," said one woman. "I hate waiting for my husband!"

Some are even a little envious.

"In keeping with equal rights, I want one for the girls washroom too," wrote one woman.

Although complaints about long waits for the biffy aren't new to MTS Centre officials, they say they don't have any plans to bring back the trough. Scott Brown, a spokesman for True North Sports And Entertainment, says officials are "comfortable" with the current urinals.

Arena officials constantly evaluate the capacity of facilities. Brown said the trough is probably not a viable option.

"We've had a number of conversations about (the washrooms). I don't know whether the trough is something that would be a serious discussion."
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                          When is Malkin going to play like he can?
                          The dude was pretty dominant last night, came within a couple posts of a hat trick...

He and Datsyuk were going back and forth....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Crosby's injured vagina is going to end his career.
                            How mature....

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

How mature....
                              Would you expect anything less?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

The dude was pretty dominant last night, came within a couple posts of a hat trick...

He and Datsyuk were going back and forth....
                                I saw that. He did look good, but then he will disappear for 10 games
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...