• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

MARSHALL "Jose-mod" JCM800: $1400

MARSHALL "Jose-mod" JCM800: $1400.00

PM me for details. I found this thing driving by a pawn shop yesterday, it is the real deal, previously owned by EVH with documentation.

I had one of these things! Bradshaw took about 20 of these on the road with VH for the Diver Down rig, most of them from what I understand were slave-in modded meaning that signal input bypassed the preamp section which mine was as well (a JMP 100 though.)

These were resold off later third-party, Bradshaw I recall still had like 4 of them when he still had a shop off Melrose in the late-80's. They required the output section demodded so you could run it from the front panel input and Bradshaw didn't do all of them - so once in a while you'll find a "bad" Jose head because some hack got in there reconnecting things Bradshaw did from the original Jose pre section.

This particular one, however was done by Jerry Blaha at Amp Crazy. That guy is meticulous about his record-keeping, and has verified what this amp is and does.

If you Ebayed the thing you'd probably get 2000 just for that "Arrco Electronics Van Nuys" sticker, so for 1400 it's definately a fun investment to play with for awhile, and learn what an original Jose-mod, an original EVH-owned head with documentation, really sounded like.

All you would need after this to sound "like" Ed on the record? Two echoplexes (or one analogue delay and a digital reverb) a phaser and a graphic EQ pedal with the curve notch shaped like a hump going from the delay to the reverb! And of course, a 4x12 with Celestion G12M-25's or better in it...

If anyone responds with interest I'll get some pics. The seller is a really cool guy to deal with too.

Finally, you'd ask "how do they sound these Jose-Bradshaw touring heads?" well, it depends because the EQ isn't really dicey but the gain structure is and you have to fight with it to get the best distortion off it, because there are a few ways you can run input on it: there's a hi input, two low inputs, a direct send- and return-input... and then there's that lurrrrveley Master Volume pull-pot on the front in one of the four input jack holes.

Any interest from the peanut gallery on this?
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
    If anyone responds with interest I'll get some pics.
    No you won't.

Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
      No you won't.

Oh come on you know you want it to be real.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Considering the source, it probably isn't.

Don't you think it'd be going for way more than $1400 in a pawnshop if it had documentation proving it belonged to EVH? If there are pics and docs, let's see 'em. In THIS thread, not some "PM me" bullshit.

Or he could post the listing...

Is this the one you're trying to pass off, GARfail?
        Last edited by jhale667; 07-29-2010, 02:58 PM.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

lol!!

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
            Don't you think it'd be going for way more than $1400 in a pawnshop if it had documentation proving it belonged to EVH?
            The guy doesn't have the docs, Amp Crazy has 'em. Jerry contacted him and asked him to read the serial.

No that's not the amp, I had to go to Pickapart for a door then off to West LA for a ticket dismissal at 130 so I can do this tomorrow, and post the location.

Yes, when putting the amp together with the docs, and the economy is recovered maybe in 3 years or so, that amp will I PROMISE go well over 5 grand.

By then, all steel panel plexi's will go over 5K which they started to at the end of the housing bubble..

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

BTW the one I had was a JMP, and I knew from pics of Ed's rig with Bradshaw behind it that Ed had used the then-newer JCM800's but this was the first time I'd seen one.

The last I spoke to Bradshaw about it was 1988 when he was listing these in the Recycler. They initially went for $500 ~ $650, no more!

Man, if I had only known a little more about amps then.. oh well, now that I can afford this one I don't want it because I like what I have better.

Just passing along the info..

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

You forgot to mention those few nights you filled in for Ed's tech Rudy Lerein in the early 80's and replaced some of Ed's transformers and tubes. Ed was so happy he gave you a guitar and an amp but dang! You forgot to have him sign them or have any pictures taken.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Ed did share some of his coke with you though. Yeah. That's good ol 80's coke!
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    You forgot to mention those few nights you filled in for Ed's tech Rudy Lerein in the early 80's and replaced some of Ed's transformers and tubes. Ed was so happy he gave you a guitar and an amp but dang! You forgot to have him sign them or have any pictures taken.
                    Surely he'd remember you GAR. Didn't he hand you his Destroyer at an LA backyard party and show you some chords???
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                      Didn't he hand you his Destroyer at an LA backyard party and show you some chords???
                      That was before he degenerated, which has nothing to do with the Diver Down backline we're currently discussing.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Again, you try to avoid the issue...which actually is about your CUNTINUAL LIES.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Run mauf, dude.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Stop running your asshole, asshole.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Magic Run-Mauf Birdman, fly the sky no longer on wing of your fartbreath.

Cease. Calm. MELLOW.

Comment

Working...