X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Vodka-Red Bulls are decent if you're looking to party for a while, and JagerBombs are always a good time - until the following day.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

I am being honest here I have never had a Red Bull or Monster Drink... ..even in the, "Bar Scenario"...booze mixers..?

I don't drink Yeager never have...I had some Maggenbitter (sp) when in Germay and got spoiled so Yeager Bombs may give that a shot..but yeager...no likie.
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• clarathecarrot
        Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by FORD
        The best Red Bull drink was Red Bull Cola. Which sadly isn't available anymore, because somebody (probably from the corporate offices of either Coke or Pepsi) started a rumor that there was cocaine in it. Technically there were trace amounts.... just as there is in Coca-Cola. But the damage was done, and the product pulled from the shelves. (at least in the US. I hear it's still available in Europe)

Sucks too, it was good stuff. Less sweet than other colas, had all the energy "benefits" of Red Bull, and no high fructose corn poison, which is why I don't touch regular Red Bull.
        Your HFC's thread is awesome...I remember posting my anger in that, that Canada Dry Ginger Ale... that I used to love, had no Ginger in it anymore and within months they had a new add campian that it had Ginger back in the drink and it once again awesome.

I guess they heard us..lol.

I make a Ginger tea every now and then no sugar just the tea, good stuff.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
          Your HFC's thread is awesome...I remember posting my anger in that, that Canada Dry Ginger Ale... that I used to love, had no Ginger in it anymore and within months they had a new add campian that it had Ginger back in the drink and it once again awesome.

I guess they heard us..lol.

I make a Ginger tea every now and then no sugar just the tea, good stuff.
          Real Ginger Ale is great stuff. Very medicinal too.... my mom always kept it around during the winter months and "prescribed" it when I had a flu. Settled a sick stomach really well.

Of course that was before the Corn Poison bullshit. Good to see Canada Dry went back to real ginger, but unfortunately they're still using the MonSatan poison to sweeten it.

Fortunately, there are better alternatives.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Fluoride free purified water is the best thing to drink for energy...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Not going to knock the importance of proper hydration, but I never got an energy boost from water alone.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I am being honest here I have never had a Red Bull or Monster Drink... ..even in the, "Bar Scenario"...booze mixers..?

I don't drink Yeager never have...I had some Maggenbitter (sp) when in Germay and got spoiled so Yeager Bombs may give that a shot..but yeager...no likie.
                When done correctly the JagerBomb tastes like Dr.Pepper.. basically fill a pint glass 1/4 of the way, drop a shot glass of Jager and slam it. Oh, and be careful to not break your teeth - tilt the glass, not your head.
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                  When done correctly the JagerBomb tastes like Dr.Pepper.. basically fill a pint glass 1/4 of the way, drop a shot glass of Jager and slam it. Oh, and be careful to not break your teeth - tilt the glass, not your head.
                  Guess the one I tried wasn't made properly then. It tasted more like carbonated cough syrup.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Been there got the T-Shirt..lol.

Back in the '90's we used to finish the nights drnking ( the last 4 hours..lol) with these things we called, Lunchboxes...Beer mug 1/2 full cheap pilsner of your choice drop a shot of Crown in it, then pour just a smidge of orange juice into the shot glass thru the beer and slam it.

Mmmm Mmmm good.

Comment

• VAiN
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Been there got the T-Shirt..lol.

Back in the '90's we used to finish the nights drnking ( the last 4 hours..lol) with these things we called, Lunchboxes...Beer mug 1/2 full cheap pilsner of your choice drop a shot of Crown in it, then pour just a smidge of orange juice into the shot glass thru the beer and slam it.

Mmmm Mmmm good.
                      That doesn't sound half bad.. I'll try it.

Comment

• VAiN
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                        Guess the one I tried wasn't made properly then. It tasted more like carbonated cough syrup.
                        The worst Jägerbomb is the pre-mixed one.. Takes the 'bomb' portion out of the equation.. It's just not the same.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The worst Jägerbomb is the pre-mixed one.. Takes the 'bomb' portion out of the equation.. It's just not the same.
                          Yeah, I think that must have been the case. I don't remember a shot glass being in it. My friend was telling me "dude you gotta try this". I was less than impressed. Probably got the wrong bartender.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

The "energy" you get from these is mainly psychosomatic.

While caffeine IS a stimulant, it is hardly noticeable.

To get the amount of "energy" that people imagine a cup of coffee or even a Red Bull gives them, they'd have to consume such an amount that it would probably kill them.

That said, it CAN keep you going for a while longer, so it makes sense Dave would drink them before a show.

If you need to stay awake, the trick is to drink one just before you fall into that relaxed state that precedes your sleep. It MAY jolt you awake for long enough to surpass that state, thus keeping you awake for a few hours longer.

But it's not magical.

As an aside, it always gets me when I have 5 or 6 coffees to go with my whiskies & people drinking something with Red Bull - usually Vodka - ALL NIGHT, have the presence of mind to criticize me for ingesting too much caffeine.

Cheers!

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

DAVE DRINKS IT!!!

What is it ..I have never ever drank any of the power drinks the Elixirs..as they say. I am a Apple Juice and Vicodin, Kinda Guy.

Narcotics and some good juices.

So, after seeing DLR with a case of Red Bull on the kitchen table and 62 boxes of Pop Tarts. I wondered ?

Any Comments Welcome.

Celsius is the thing!!! Much better then Red Bull, and by better I mean stronger
                              Last edited by envy_me; 05-16-2013, 08:15 AM.
                              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

More poisonous, you mean ??

Comment

Working...