• Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Did the same thing last tour....
    I`m getting old did not remember
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• loucap81
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by So this is love
      Great, lots going on in this version , would need a closer shot to see Eds smile when Dave mentions Edwards grades, second what did Dave say to the cameraman I can`t pick up what he`s saying pointing to the woman and finally do I hear smoke on the waters` riff near the end?
      Here's what I made out from that: "Where you been hiding [unintelligible]? Wooh! Put the camera on her. Put the camera on her, why it's right behind you dumbass, right behind you. No, no he's totally missing it, that's why he's on the [unintelligble]--there you go!"

I'll tell you honestly I wouldn't want to work for Dave. Maybe some of these people really are chimp-stupid but Dave has zero patience. Also I don't think it's doing the show any favors to be having a public argument with a crew member or making it a point to embarrass him.

Comment

• loucap81
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by tommyv
        Back at the Tropicana, a great show tonight.

Setlist included Full Bug, HAIL, Women In Love and Cradle along with the usual standards.

Met up with Mr and Mrs Guwapo before the show, Pete's Brother paid a visit to my section to say Hi. We were the only three Army folks there, I believe.

I hate fuckers who wear the rings logo.

I've got some pics and will post them upon my return to the homeland.

I must say this has been an exhausting 4 days. Body is still on eastern time, but I've been partying on Vegas time. Good times!
        Thanks for all the updates Tom. Glad you guys had a good time and I would have been there if I could (which applies to every VH concert).

Comment

• tommyv
          Roadie
          • Dec 2004

Don't think that I've seen mention of this anywhere yet, but the shirts they were selling were second leg shirts. Fronts looked to be the same, but the back listed second leg cities beginning with St Paul.

Just another WTF...

Comment

• Momshell
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Don't think that I've seen mention of this anywhere yet, but the shirts they were selling were second leg shirts. Fronts looked to be the same, but the back listed second leg cities beginning with St Paul.

Just another WTF...
            Did you notice if they listed the postponed dates? Just curious.
            Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• loucap81
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2012

Just another WTF...
              It's the same reason they had a "Happy New Year's" message on their website (that I'm sure wasn't written by any of them) dated 2009, that stayed up there well through 2011.

They don't care, they're not organized, and I'm sure they had loads of these shirts already printed and they're NOT giving them away to kids in Nicaragua until they absolutely have to.

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                I'll tell you honestly I wouldn't want to work for Dave. Maybe some of these people really are chimp-stupid but Dave has zero patience. Also I don't think it's doing the show any favors to be having a public argument with a crew member or making it a point to embarrass him.

I'm still trying to figure out Dave's temper tantrums on this tour. I've watched a lot of the 2007-08 tour footage in recent years and I don't recall even one outburst by Dave towards a roadie. On this tour, he's blasting one on almost every gig !!

I've speculated that maybe it's just Dave acting like a rock legend bad ass --- but I'm starting to think he has a very caustic relationship with this road crew and it's not getting better.

It's not really in Dave's nature to belittle the roadies in front of an audience --- leave that immature BS up to true assholes like Gene Simmons or Axl Rose.

My gut feeling tells me this road crew just doesn't get along with Dave and often ignores his orders --- and Dave gets frustrated because he wants a tightly-scripted show to maintain quality control. I think he's lost patience with the roadies and because he can't fire them until 11pm on June 26 his only recourse is to lash out at them during the shows. I've had the experience of being "the boss" in charge of lazy, unmotivated dipshits who only wanna collect their paychecks and go home so I can empathize with Dave. However, I think these public insults during gigs is rubbing some fans the wrong way and may hurt ticket sales for the subsequent legs.

The only solution seems to be fire this crew and hire a new one once the tour resumes --- or maybe Dave needs to attend anger management classes during his summer break LOL.

Last edited by TJMKID; 05-28-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                  or maybe Dave needs to attend anger management classes during his summer break LOL.

Knowing how eclectic Daves interests are I bet he has already done a stint teaching one of these classes.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                    Cradle... Sounds fucking AWESOME!!!
                    The reworked solo by Eddie is tastefulsweetkillergiteup!
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                      So where's Sniper and Light 'Em Up tonight?
                      Sorry all...turned in early last night....sounds like it was a kick ass show as usual
                      Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2012

Been browsing youtube, and all I can find are the three videos already posted...I'll keep on checking and post anything new that comes up....

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2012

A different clip of Everybody Wants Some:

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2012

I'll Wait...

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Do you think any of the band gambled at all while in Vegas? If so, would they go to a special high roller closed-off area? I can't imagine being in Las vegas without a little time at a blackjack table.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
                                Do you think any of the band gambled at all while in Vegas? If so, would they go to a special high roller closed-off area? I can't imagine being in Las vegas without a little time at a blackjack table.
                                Hmmm....I don't know. You'd think a person would almost HAVE to....

Comment

Working...