X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    No further then the sisters once were...
    No doubt. Ed and Sam were in love back in the day. Al, he acted like Sam was gonna be his next ex wife.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      No doubt. Ed and Sam were in love back in the day. Al, he acted like Sam was gonna be his next ex wife.
      He was, wasn't he?

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        He was, wasn't he?
        Ha!! And Al lost money on that one too!
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          They there all holding hands in their "Porsche" together...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            I walk on water too... some say I'm just splashing in the puddles though. What the hell do they know...

A proper reunion with Mike would be an appropriate gift to their loyal fans. It would righteous and bonafide...
            Yeah, a proper reunion would have been an appropriate gift for their loyal fans...back in 1996. Or 2001.

A reunion in 2018? Shit, the thought of CVH finally reuniting then and doubtless charging premium prices to watch a bunch of geezers in their mid-60s try and replicate the hard rock bombast they created in their mid-20s is 1) more of an insult than a gift, yet 2) is also totally conceivable considering their stellar gift-giving record over the last 20 years: sadly, these days it WOULD make sense that the only VH lineup that ever mattered waited too long and overcharged for underperforming, because that's what Van Halen has been about since the turn of the millennium. Like, the yardstick of excellence for Van Halen over the last decade is that they are still vertical and sober enough to find the stage. Talk about hurtling the lowered bar.

Ed, Al, Dave and Mike can do whatever they want.

If they want any more of my money, clean up the vaults and release the material for purchase.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              They there all holding hands in their "Porsche" together...
              EVH in 1986: "Sammy bought a house two doors from mine: we can write songs whenever we want!"

Thank Christ their friendship was so strong, otherwise the world would have been deprived of such rock classics as:

Source Of Infection
              Feels So Good
              Black And Blue
              When It's Love
              Mine All Mine
              Sucker In A 3 Piece
              Right Now
              Standing On Top
              Never Enough
              Wham Bam Amsterdam

and many, many more!!!

Probably no coincidence that one of the few Sam Halen tracks I liked, Humans Being (a tune that made my ears perk up a little bit after a decade of keyboard schmaltz), resulted from Sam and Ed NOT getting along.

Fuck, Ed and Dave never got along particularly well, and it didn't hurt their writing partnership one bit to my ears.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

I don't know any of those songs
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  I know two...unfortunately...and went through 5150 once...and watched "live without a net"...once...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                    I know two...unfortunately...and went through 5150 once...and watched "live without a net"...once...
                    I think I know the same two...although one of them I always paid more attention to "reading" the video...

I have never listened to an entire album or watched live...
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                      I think I know the same two...although one of them I always paid more attention to "reading" the video...

I have never listened to an entire album or watched live...
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Kidding... I did worse.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          Von Halen will sing them too you! And give you free bootlegs...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

What's up homos....

Just got back from Vegas visiting the grandkids, stayed at the Hard Rock... Fantastic rock memorabilia and photography... A few VH items, mostly Hagarita era....

This was in my first room (we had to move twice)....

The other VH items around the hotel I saw....

Anywho, on this latest rumor, here's what I don't get....

So Von reports that Van Velveeta is coming back in 2017, and the majority of people tell Von he is full of condensed horseshit....

Then this guy at the Links (who I don't know, seems like a nice guy) posts VH is coming back in 2018, and his word is treated as gospel?

Not that I'm hoping Bette returns, but what am I missing, other than most people think Von can't be trusted in the least?
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Everyone is full of condensed horseshit until it happens.

Then it's the band or several members of choice who are full of shit, flaming homos, bitter old cunts or misplaced fatties...

Isn't life great as a Van Halen fan?
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Everyone is full of condensed horseshit until it happens.

Then it's the band or several members of choice who are full of shit, flaming homos, bitter old cunts or misplaced fatties...

Isn't life great as a Van Halen fan?
                                Fortunately, what the band did between 1974 and 1984 endures to the point where all the fuckups from 1985 onward haven't lessened my enjoyment of that initial ten year period in the least; if anything, all the bullshit that has taken place over the last 30+ years makes the CVH era sound that much better.

Yeah, 1996 was a bummer. Everything from 1996 up until the present has been less of a bummer because each new snafu just reinforces the initial lesson of 1996: Van Halen fucks things up.

So, should the band reunite with Hagar next year, it isn't going to be a bummer. The reaction will be more along the lines of it only being fitting, because Van Halen fucks things up.

Should the band reunite with Anthony next year, keep Dave in the lineup, go on tour and the end result sounds like fobbed off cash grab oldies tripe topped off with shitty lead vocals because the band wasted the last 20 years getting their act together, that result will be fitting too, because Van Halen fucks things up.

I prefer to limit my interaction with the band to the first ten years, when they could virtually do no wrong and consistently knocked it out of the park. THOSE are the years worth celebrating and remembering.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...