X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    An issue so made up of total bullshit, neither presidential candidate mentions it one single time...

Put a fork in man made global warming...it's done...

Even Al Gore doesn't give a shit any more because he made his millions off it. Arnold Shwarzenegger totally fucked California with the global warming initiative. Just another way to squeeze out more tax money from the people. These fuckers won't rest until they get all of our money. Everyone just work for the government & they will supply us with our food & housing.

Global Warming was just a passing trend to create more taxes, rules & regulations.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Don't blame me. I just bought a new bicycle.
      As have I. With the ridiculous price of gas I find myself using my bike more and more for short errand trips. Was seriously thinking about getting a motorcycle but no way can afford another mode of transportation that I have to pay insurance on.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
        It was 0.7 degrees cooler than average this summer here.
        Nothing like nice anecdotal factoids to combat actual science. I'm pretty sure when I walk and drive around, the ground seems flat--therefore the Earth must be flat!! But...

2012 Has Been Warmest Year In U.S. To Date, Third Hottest Summer

Posted: 09/10/2012 2:03 pm

From Climate Central's Andrew Freedman:

Driven by a warmer-than-average June, the hottest ever July, and a warmer-than-average August, the summer of 2012 will go down in the history books as the third-warmest summer on record for the lower 48 states, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) announced Monday. The nation’s second-warmest summer occurred just last year, and the only other summer that was warmer than the past two occurred during the Dust Bowl era of 1936. This summer was just two tenths of a degree cooler than the summer of 1936.

2012 warmest year

For the year-to-date, the U.S. had its warmest eight months of any year on record, and the past 12 months have been the warmest such period as well. During the eight-month period, 33 states were record warm and 12 states ranked in the top 10.

Sixteen states in the West, Plains, and Upper Midwest had summer temperatures among their 10 highest, as did seven Northeastern states from New Hampshire to Maryland. Colorado and Wyoming each had their record hottest summer. In Wyoming, the seasonal-average temperature was nearly 5°F above average.

The summer heatwaves this year were not quite as intense as the heat in 2011, but they affected more people. According to NOAA, more than 80 million people — about 10 million more than 2011 — experienced 100°F temperatures this summer. Climate change studies show that heat waves are becoming more common as manmade global warming continues. For the summer as a whole, warm-temperature records outnumbered cool-temperature records by a ratio of 3.5 to 1.
        The Rest @ Huffy Post

One of the above links shows that those idiots at NASA actually predicted that 2012 would be the hottest year on record. Moron rocket scientists! What do they know! I only trust the word of political lobbyists & politicians with oil company cum all over their faces...
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-29-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Nothing like nice anecdotal factoids to combat actual science.
          Anecdote, yes. Factoid, no. If you are going to use the term, learn what it means.

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Anecdote, yes. Factoid, no. If you are going to use the term, learn what it means.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....and-a-factoid/
            You lecturing me, broh?:

Factoid

A factoid is a questionable or spurious (unverified, false, or fabricated) statement presented as a fact, but with no veracity. The word can also be used to describe a particularly insignificant or novel fact, in the absence of much relevant context.[1] The word is defined by the Compact Oxford English Dictionary as "an item of unreliable information that is repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact".[2]

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Wow, you sure are a fart smeller...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Don't blame me. I just bought a new bicycle.
                Didn't you used to work for Schwinn?

Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  You lecturing me, broh?:
                  Take it however you want. I stated a documented FACT and you called it a factoid in order to dismiss it. My experiences here in my town may or may not be typical, but they are FACT and not FACTOID. Or are you gonna start telling me how things are down here AGAIN?
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vh rides again
                    Commando
                    • Dec 2006

Alaska had record snowfall this year.

Considering the weather on a global scale has been watched and recorded for such a short time, I'd say these global warming nuts are crying wolf.

Not enough info.

Roth And Roll

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by vh rides again

Considering the weather on a global scale has been watched and recorded for such a short time, I'd say these global warming nuts are crying wolf.

Not enough info.

Roth And Roll
                      it shoulda been further north, the cold is moving to the equator and we are spinnin' outta control.
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Not enough info.

Roth And Roll
                        Um, that would be because it's warmer. If it's it really cold
                        It won't snow. The warmer it is, the more precipitation there is.

Sent from my GS2, bitches
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I have to go to Cape Cod next week on business - wonder if it'll still be there
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Take it however you want. I stated a documented FACT and you called it a factoid in order to dismiss it. My experiences here in my town may or may not be typical, but they are FACT and not FACTOID. Or are you gonna start telling me how things are down here AGAIN?
                            When you use your personal experiences to draw some wider societal conclusion, they become factoids...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              I have to go to Cape Cod next week on business - wonder if it'll still be there
                              Hopefully the yuppie Dot.Com assholes that ruined it will be gone...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Not enough info.

Roth And Roll

Do you live in Alaska? How was Iowa, when I was there last it was pretty hot. And snow in itself means nothing as Global Warming can actually cause unsettled weather as it doesn't even need to be freezing to get snow. We had a lot of snow here about six years ago in early October 2006, I wasn't in town, but that heavy, wet snow took out a good portion of the trees and was a federal disaster. It almost never had snowed here in early October with any accumulation anyways. But we got almost two feet IIRC, with fairly warm temperatures....

But good job ignoring the facts I posted about 2012 being the hottest fucking year on record to pull some dipshit "factoid" out of your asshole...

Comment

Working...