Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

I'll still listen to the stuff they did, say, circa 1975-1982 now and then. I still get a bang out of that stuff.

Far as the band's career, I can't say I've really cared one way or the other if they kept touring since...oh, right about the time that Detroit Rock City flick came out. I recall when Criss quit in 2000 or 2001 or whenever it was, then Frehley left a year or so later, then Criss came back for a tour and then left in...2004? Didn't care about any of it, because even by THEN the whole classic Kiss makeup reunion thing had gone on a few years too long. And all that was twenty years ago.

When I saw 'em live a couple years ago, I basically went because the missus wanted to go. It was an okay night out, nothing more/nothing less. What I SHOULD have done was see the band during the 1996-1998 period when they first reunited, when I was still young enough to actually be enthused that they were back together, because then the concert would have meant a bit more to me than the one I recently saw did. But, whatever.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I don’t know who wrote worse lyrics. Gene and Paul or Sammy Hagar.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I suppose the difference is at one time 40 + years ago in my pre-teens I thought KISS was cool.

I never thought Sammy Hagar was cool. Even before he joined Van Halen, while I didn't despise his music, Sammy Hagar always came off as someone trying hard to act cool...and not succeeding in it.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I liked KISS because my sister hated them. That motivated me to wall paper my room with KISS posters and crank the KISS music.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

For me it was Sammy who? Until he polluted Van Halen. Sam is about as thrilling as getting a prostate exam from Ted Cruz pretending to be a doctor.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Oooof .

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

S&M Cat Man looks like he wants wants a hot dog with extra mayo.

Comment

• silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Why Kiss' Dressing Rooms Always Smelled Like Burnt Toast
                    Former Night Ranger guitarist Jeff Watson explained why Kiss' dressing rooms always smelled of burnt toast in December 2023.
                    Originally posted by sadaist
                    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• silverfish
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2007

Ace Frehley Looking For Beer Commercial He Made With Rick Nielsen

Recalling his times with Cheap Trick, he said: “I’m still looking for a tape. I did a beer commercial with Rick
                      Nielsen. These were early days: I bought a whole camera and recording system, Sony, black and white.

“And I had him do a beer commercial and it was hysterical. I have the tape somewhere. But I have four
                      lockers and I don’t know what two-thirds of the stuff is in there... eventually, I’ll track down that tape
                      and put it on YouTube. That was a lot of fun.”

Full story with Ace comments on Rush & Black Sabbath at:

Former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley recalled having fun backstage with Cheap Trick and Rush - but not Black Sabbath - in January 2024.
                      Originally posted by sadaist
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Like a lot of people, I was a huge kiss fan..I think Alive was the first lp I ever owned..a few years later I turned 12 and that was that,,,I am interested to see how they promote the 50 year anniversary next year..

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

You can start by doing what all gullible KISS fans do - by giving them your money.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Open your mouth. Here comes the PISS.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              For me it was Sammy who? Until he polluted Van Halen. Sam is about as thrilling as getting a prostate exam from Ted Cruz pretending to be a doctor.
                              I had heard of Hagar before he joined Van Halen but hadn't heard much of his music.

Prior to 1985, I had heard Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy, the song Heavy Metal from watching the film, Three Lock Box from the video on MTV, Two Sides Of Love from the video on MTV and I Can't Drive 55 from the video on MTV. I may have heard some other stuff of his before he hooked up with Van Halen but nothing I can remember. It wasn't like he was getting massive airplay prior to the I Can't Drive 55 song and in the early 1980s he wasn't someone anybody in my early teens peer group listened to or talked about. That's why when it was announced Hagar was going to replace Roth in Van Halen the reaction was along the lines of "really? The I Can't Drive 55 guy?"
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                                Like a lot of people, I was a huge kiss fan..I think Alive was the first lp I ever owned..a few years later I turned 12 and that was that,,,I am interested to see how they promote the 50 year anniversary next year..
                                Now back by popular demand, KISS has unretired and will do a 3-year residency in Vegas featuring A Night Of KISS...Alive! The Klassic live album played live from start-to-finish for the first time in 50 years!!
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...