How far will you travel to see the 2012 VH tour?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

How far will you travel to see the 2012 VH tour?

Are any of you road tripping for the tour? Are you travelling just because the

tour is a great excuse to do so, or out of necessity?

I will be travelling to Buffalo to hook up with some fellow Army members in March,

and then flying 2200 miles to see them in Vegas in May. And if they add a Cleveland

show, well, that is mandatory for many of us who have met there twice before for

DLR at the house of blues and Van Halen at the Q. Cleveland gets a bad rap in my opinion,

we had a blast on both occasions and I can't wait to go back.

I have decided that if they hit any one of the following, I am in for at least one of them:

Hong Kong, Sydney Australia, Manilla Philippines.

That is if they ever figure out that "World" includes more than just North America

So, how far will you be travelling this tour?
    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

You're gonna have to beat 2360 miles, Norfolk to Los Angeles......
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

So far I'm just hitting the show in Auburn Hills at The Palace......45 miles!

If things work out with work and life I might hit another show but for now I just can't wait for Monday!
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Got me by that much

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

60 miles for me....and so far that will be it for this tour but who knows I may get lucky down the road and end up in the same area code as the VH due to my work.
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Since I am going to Atlanta, I suppose the answer is 350 miles one way. That's about ten hours of driving there and back.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Beat It By 5,000 Miles,Just Saying.
              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dan
                Beat It By 5,000 Miles,Just Saying.
                You're all talk....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• perrin29
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Flying but the original plan was driving to CT. 800 miles each way.

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by perrin29
                    Flying but the original plan was driving to CT. 800 miles each way.
                    Much more impressive than flying across the country. Driving has become such a pain in the ass these days because the roads are crowded with lazy, inconsiderate, inattentive, ignorant, selfish assholes who have never learned anything about driving other than where the key goes, where the gas goes and how to point the car vaguely in the intended direction.
                    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Buffalo and TO.

Detroit is out, unfortunately.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

282 miles to Nashville

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

If I come to Greensboro that will be 2308.09 as the crow flies...call it even...
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• adena dodds
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2010

5 miles tops. Less than 10 mins. away. The only time I have ever traveled to see a show was to see Dave solo in Acron, Ohio...that Devil tour with the Devils pissing out Jack Daniels from the stage...We got backstage to that one. Prior to that, in 10th. grade we went to see Def Lepard in Erie. That's about it. I like to stay local. I'm a hometown kinda girl. In fact I've never moved out of my parents house at 46 yrs.old...Holly would if she could! ha,ha,ha. I'm like Dorothy from the wizzard of OZ...There's no place like home...click,click,click. I've got alot of toys in the attic up here where I dwell...wanna come up and see? Wanna come out and play? hee,hee,hee. Wait, how far is it down Daves pants? I'd do some traveling for that! Or how far is it from section 7 on the floor to the stage? You know I'll be traveling that night! I better put on some roller blades even though I can't even stand up in them! Ha,ha,ha.
                            Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            Are any of you road tripping for the tour? Are you travelling just because the

tour is a great excuse to do so, or out of necessity?

I will be travelling to Buffalo to hook up with some fellow Army members in March,

and then flying 2200 miles to see them in Vegas in May. And if they add a Cleveland

show, well, that is mandatory for many of us who have met there twice before for

DLR at the house of blues and Van Halen at the Q. Cleveland gets a bad rap in my opinion,

we had a blast on both occasions and I can't wait to go back.

I have decided that if they hit any one of the following, I am in for at least one of them:

Hong Kong, Sydney Australia, Manilla Philippines.

That is if they ever figure out that "World" includes more than just North America

So, how far will you be travelling this tour?
                            Last edited by adena dodds; 02-18-2012, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by adena dodds
                              I've got alot of toys in the attic
                              A few bats too, I'm guessing.
                              Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 02-18-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...