Status
    Ill admit this is very kick ass

Belly Searcher
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Dave was in much better voice in Tokyo, Australia and at that festival after they took that break.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    It will be so nice to have a pristine audio of this. How aren't you going to catch this live when they roll into town exactly?
    Roth Army Canada

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As has been mentioned before but passed upon by most commenters in this thread sentences like "I already have this boot" "I seen dis jazz on dah Utube before"....blap blippity bloop etc....

I as a fan can't stand utube it is fun for a quick listen but I think they proprietarily degenerate all sound and vid 'bits' as a way to not have copies outshine the music offered by the owners of the actual copywriters.

If you want a real vid and sound utube of VH last tour you would need 4 cameras spaced out the arena and 3 or more recording devices strategically located.. also then, hash all that together like your actual job is working at ILM as a editor.

"VH Roth" knows this, that is why he allowed taping and convinced ED to allow it......here is my point nothing is going to come close to the actual sound board recording or studio quality vid the best cell phones fall short and most hand help vid cameras have no directors or story boarding by people who do that for a living.

My real point.... I cannot listen to 95% of live "Jimmy got a cell phone on utube" it hurts my ears thank you ED Al Wolf DLR and the powers that be for my first true ability to listen to a live VH show even a single tune, without turning it off after three min.

Hey this vid is awesome buy the dude standing three feet from DLRS monitor....AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG turn it off!!!!

Even the best 81 Largo whatever ' is un-listenable to me......" Live" is really a new frontier for this band, Thankyou.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 02-08-2015 at 05:35 AM.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Inbent'tween here is some good vid on the soundboard utube I can tollerate.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    TOKYO DOME LIVE IN CONCERT features an electrifying performance by singer David Lee Roth, guitarist Eddie Van Halen, drummer Alex Van Halen, and bassist Wolfgang Van Halen. Mixed by award-winning engineer and mixer Bob Clearmountain (Rollings Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Roxy Music, Nine Inch Nails, and many more), and mastered by Chris Bellman, the album features such classic anthems as “Dance The Night Away,” “Beautiful Girls,” “And The Cradle Will Rock …” “Unchained,” and “Everybody Wants Some!!” as well as blistering versions of “Tattoo,” “She’s The Woman,” and “China Town” from the group’s most recent studio album, A Different Kind of Truth.

Read more: http://www.vhnd.com/2015/02/05/van-h...#ixzz3RAkkpHJR

C/O VhNewsDesk

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    It will be so nice to have a pristine audio of this.
    I'll admit, I'd like that, but if the only purchase option is for $50 with VH I and 1984, I'm passing on it. Some bands have released 2 CD sets for the price of one. $20 is as high as I'm going.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is the show to release if you are going to release one from that tour. Dave was stronger vocally in 2013 and I think will be a bit better in 2015 but not 2007. The issue is it would not take much to add a little something from the vault as a bonus like some old footage or a leftover from ADKOT. EVH has been pretty clear the vault is for when they are done and at least in their mind they ain't done. They did indeed start working and writing new material but for whatever reason stopped. Could be health as at their ages someone in that band will likely have some physical issue at all times.
    I think what is often over looked is Dave and Eddie have disagreed more musically than personally. BOTH these dudes are control freaks artistically. I've seen Dave in person run rehearsals with his bluegrass band and he is very much one despite his clown persona. A big part and overlooked part of the original break up is Dave saw the 5150 materially and hated the direction. I think the stop gap release and tour is not because of a lack of interest but perhaps a lack of agreement. We shall see. Hear their an archival project still to come book or documentary post tour, we shall see. Will be an entertaining year that will either be the most productive 2 years 2015-16 in decades or a total implosion, don't get the vibe an in between is in the cards.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you can buy the Live CD on it's own I think it's worth purchasing...

I don't care what gear a fan hauled into a venue to record this and posted via youtube or whatever. It's still an inferior recording compared to what was captured direct off the mains from Ed & Wolf's amps, Al's drum mic's and Dave's vocal mic. 90% of the room ambient noise/acoustics is eliminated as well as crowd noise and that incessant woman sitting/standing next to the recorder talking through the whole thing...

Remasters of the remasters... eh... don't need or want them. Got too many copies already that I don't listen to all that frequently.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It will be so nice to have a pristine audio of this. How aren't you going to catch this live when they roll into town exactly?
    Easy..Ill look up the setlist on this site and know it will be the same the entire tour..and no new music...

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I love this fucking band and glad Dave is in it but damn....they make it hard to get too excited these days..

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Easy..Ill look up the setlist on this site and know it will be the same the entire tour..and no new music...
    I cant believe there isn't any new music and it's pretty disappointing for sure. No way I am not going to multiple shows regardless. The show itself looks to be an improvement from Dave this time around based on what I saw from the Foo show. Still a really good live show.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guess after a night to sit on it, the only thing that pisses me off is that they waited until 2013 to finally realize how valuable a live recording would be with Dave. Then not only that, but it's JUST audio. That's pretty unacceptable in today's market as both a consumer and fan. I get that they willingly let cameras into the shows, but there's still something to be said for pro-grade HD cameras and legitimate audio.

Not to mention the potential extras, like the process of recording ADKOT or preparing for a tour that makes being an invested fan of anything more worthwhile to spend money on.

Fair warning: I'm 24. Never got to see these guys in their primes and 2006-2007 was the first time this band existed (Hagar doesn't count) for more than weeks since I was six years old, but I can only live with what I was dealt. I carry the VH torch with pride into a generation of millennial Katy Perry sheep that wouldn't know tape echo or a flanger from their asscrack.

A show from the 2007 tour, despite not having any new music or albums, would have been easily better. Dave in 2007 sounded like Van Halen's David Lee Roth, the same guy I was beyond envious that my father got to see back in the early 80s multiple times. He still oozed cool. Not only that, but it sounded damn near album perfect in the show I got to see.

Going to the ADKOT Philly gig and seeing that same legendary presence donned with a Britney Spears headset mic, along with a painfully-throaty, treble-heavy vocal range, it's just...I'm not sure that's the Van Halen I want remembered in the annals of time.

Maybe I just had a bad show, but the whole show felt more like it was being mailed in opposed to aiming to blow the roof off. For those who weren't as lucky as myself to have a father who willingly showed me what Van Halen is all about, my friends and their friends will hear that -- while it kicks the shit out of anything else out today, it's still not VAN F'ing HALEN.

It's for all of the above whining that the re-re-mastered original six, despite being heard thousands of times over by all on here in various qualities, are infinitely more exciting to me than hearing a show from the era that made me honestly wonder "maybe it's time for the guys to hang it up for real this time".
    Last edited by RedZoneD25; 02-08-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Philly was in the midst of a few of the worst shows on ADKOT. When they got to Greensboro it picked up a notch and when they returned after the break he was indeed stronger. Shows before Greensboro on ADKOT were rough to say the least. MSG was a solid show but Pittsburgh, Indy, Philly were really not highlights for Dave as he was clearly physically struggling with his voice for (insert your own person belief) reason.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Maybe over time they might get brave and take a dive into the Deep end and consider some CVH live material to release.
    Over time?? These guys are gonna be like 90 years old in a couple years. If they're gonna do something they better do it quick or the next tour is gonna be sponsored by Geritol.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Over time?? These guys are gonna be like 90 years old in a couple years. If they're gonna do something they better do it quick or the next tour is gonna be sponsored by Geritol.
    The thing is, after the first couple albums, Van Halen were a fairly crummy live band. I shit you not, they would crank up the stage volume with little regard to subtlety, allowing the sound to blast over your head, ricochet off the back wall of the arena and slap you in the back off the skull, wiping out your ears. You could never hear the bass, and the overall effect was like listening to a Mets game on a poorly tuned AM radio while parked under a bridge in an overheated taxi.

Why do you think all of those 1970s VH boots sound like they were recorded on a cassette player purchased at a drug store? The band was a noise machine, which pretty much gives lie to Ed Van Halen's rants about tone all these years.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The thing is, after the first couple albums, Van Halen were a fairly crummy live band. I shit you not, they would crank up the stage volume with little regard to subtlety, allowing the sound to blast over your head, ricochet off the back wall of the arena and slap you in the back off the skull, wiping out your ears. You could never hear the bass, and the overall effect was like listening to a Mets game on a poorly tuned AM radio while parked under a bridge in an overheated taxi.

Why do you think all of those 1970s VH boots sound like they were recorded on a cassette player purchased at a drug store? The band was a noise machine, which pretty much gives lie to Ed Van Halen's rants about tone all these years.
    I don't know.. I've listened to a fair amount of boots and that's not the impression that I get.. I know the old Sportaturium down here wasn't know as a good sounding building.. Maybe that's the problem? Did you catch them in different venues?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I don't know.. I've listened to a fair amount of boots and that's not the impression that I get.. I know the old Sportaturium down here wasn't know as a good sounding building.. Maybe that's the problem? Did you catch them in different venues?
    I only caught them at the Sporto/Pukatorium 4 or 5 times, which includes some deluded thinking concerning the Van Hagar years.

I have some rather vague memories of seeing them at a Ja-alai arena near the Miami airport.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

hitch, anal, dinosaur spemicide, cookies, banana splits

HIKARU KAORU.jpg

I f4orgit. Wot is da premise' aff dis thred///??...

Hikaru & Kaoru GIV da CD a *thumbsa uppa..??.. Soo Y shudn't evoryeeo1ne..?/..?/..

I AM THE WALRUS.jpg

Aff U playe GODzIllA backWARDS wHiLE listeNIng t2o da CDee, hee'S a giANT LIZarD whoo
    reebuilds a levveled CiTiE,, aN
    d then MMOONwalks bak inT2O da ocean t2o a mmmajic beet?
    Add to Ignore list

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I know... it's just that I'm not of the "I deserve everything I want now" entitled generation. So I still think in terms of it taking time to produce something good. Gardening ain't like going to the produce section... and it requires a fair amount of bullshit to produce...

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It never ceases to amaze me how drastically different (and better) Dave sounds in the Tokyo shows.

I know that getting rested helps, but it also seems like he just paid more attention to the details in Japan.

I wish he would have done that more often here in the states.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedZoneD25 View Post
    I guess after a night to sit on it, the only thing that pisses me off is that they waited until 2013 to finally realize how valuable a live recording would be with Dave. Then not only that, but it's JUST audio. That's pretty unacceptable in today's market as both a consumer and fan. I get that they willingly let cameras into the shows, but there's still something to be said for pro-grade HD cameras and legitimate audio.

Not to mention the potential extras, like the process of recording ADKOT or preparing for a tour that makes being an invested fan of anything more worthwhile to spend money on.

Fair warning: I'm 24. Never got to see these guys in their primes and 2006-2007 was the first time this band existed (Hagar doesn't count) for more than weeks since I was six years old, but I can only live with what I was dealt. I carry the VH torch with pride into a generation of millennial Katy Perry sheep that wouldn't know tape echo or a flanger from their asscrack.

A show from the 2007 tour, despite not having any new music or albums, would have been easily better. Dave in 2007 sounded like Van Halen's David Lee Roth, the same guy I was beyond envious that my father got to see back in the early 80s multiple times. He still oozed cool. Not only that, but it sounded damn near album perfect in the show I got to see.

Going to the ADKOT Philly gig and seeing that same legendary presence donned with a Britney Spears headset mic, along with a painfully-throaty, treble-heavy vocal range, it's just...I'm not sure that's the Van Halen I want remembered in the annals of time.

Maybe I just had a bad show, but the whole show felt more like it was being mailed in opposed to aiming to blow the roof off. For those who weren't as lucky as myself to have a father who willingly showed me what Van Halen is all about, my friends and their friends will hear that -- while it kicks the shit out of anything else out today, it's still not VAN F'ing HALEN.

It's for all of the above whining that the re-re-mastered original six, despite being heard thousands of times over by all on here in various qualities, are infinitely more exciting to me than hearing a show from the era that made me honestly wonder "maybe it's time for the guys to hang it up for real this time".
    Excellent take. I was at the Philly show as well and parts of it were brutal.

As an aside, it's refreshing to see a 24 year old who not only appreciates the music, but can express themselves articulately.

Well done young man.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how drastically different (and better) Dave sounds in the Tokyo shows.

I know that getting rested helps, but it also seems like he just paid more attention to the details in Japan.

Well, it's obvious to me, in retrospect now of course, that they knew they were recording that night, and so Dave is doing much less yelping and staying in his normal register....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm sorry, I don't consider that "kick ass".

I do however consider this kick ass.

Why would anyone want pristine audio of that? Why would anyone want VH to waste their time with that, when they could give us pristine audio and video of the REAL VAN HALEN?! Hey, maybe on the official release, they'll pipe in Mike's harmonies, like they did in 2007.

How could I not catch that live? Easily. I might go to one show if I can meet up with a bunch of people from here again. But to be honest, I'll be going more to see my Roth Army friends, than I will be going to see the type of show they are giving us these days.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Well, it's obvious to me, in retrospect now of course, that they knew they were recording that night, and so Dave is doing much less yelping and staying in his normal register....
    Precisely.

Which proves that Dave CAN sound good on a consistent basis, so why not do it? Treat EVERY show like it's being recorded and give the fans what they want. It's a win-win....the fans are happy and Dave's voice doesn't get so shredded.

Does he really think that the incessant yelping and straining is what we want to hear? The tour was a constant roller coaster of good shows and marginal shows....until they got to Japan where they put on what was arguably their BEST shows.

I love the guys, but they can fuck themselves if they want us to lay out more $$$ to hear an ADKOT show the way it SHOULD HAVE sounded after we all paid premium ticket prices to see it live and in person.

Knowing that Dave had the better sound in him the whole time but he saved it for the live DVD recording shows pisses me off. Again...it's all water under the bridge at this point but it still stings.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't consider that "kick ass".

I do however consider this kick ass.

Why would anyone want pristine audio of that? Why would anyone want VH to waste their time with that, when they could give us pristine audio and video of the REAL VAN HALEN?! Hey, maybe on the official release, they'll pipe in Mike's harmonies, like they did in 2007.

How could I not catch that live? Easily. I might go to one show if I can meet up with a bunch of people from here again. But to be honest, I'll be going more to see my Roth Army friends, than I will be going to see the type of show they are giving us these days.
    Cool. Maybe you have better entertainment options than I do? I just went to an NHL game and the beer was necessary based on quality of play and they were $16 each. All things being equal, a Van Halen show is still a priority for me.

I see other concerts and frankly, the Van Halen shows still are among the best or the best for me. They released a really good effort with ADKOT and they get panned for releasing old material.

For everyone of us praising them, there would be 10 panning them for not being "relevant" if they released 1981 era shows lets say. More has to be more released...its insane, but releasing a live recording for the Japan show and lots of here are reacting like the cds we bought self destructed so we have to buy the re-issues. Don't buy them. I don't think its possible for Van Halen to make anyone happy. See you at the show Von!
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 02-09-2015 at 11:27 AM.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I do have the pro stock rodeo coming to town soon...

My concert days are about over..I got to see VH 3 times in their heyday and twice with Wolf...I dont think I would go even if MA came back..other than if a group from here were to see a show somewhat close by..
    My last show was Pearl Jam in Cville 2013..3 hours of not knowing whats getting played next..a band that somewhat appreciates its fans...these guys played 16 fuckin songs just in the 2 encores..and it was 80 bucks compared to 175...

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post

And what you think of this one ?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderone View Post
    And what you think of this one ?

I cannot fucking believe they'd sit down and listen to that and go "Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's put out a live album of that!!"

Corvette Driver
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, im scratching my head over that, and over Dave, why in the world he does this thing ? He swears is better ?
    It seems he is enjoying while doing it, this new vocal acrobatics, it's beyond explanation. In fact is harder on his voice to sing
    like that, he needs to stick to the 2007 style. I Really hope it's a fake and no album comes as is , untouched.

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll take this one instead, please...

You're gonna hear the angels sing...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Me too.

It is fucking laughable to me, that anyone would think ANY Van Halen fan, casual or hardcore, would complain about getting a show from that era released. An album or DVD of the real Van Halen would outsell that Tokyo Dome garbage by at LEAST a 10-1 margin.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I do have the pro stock rodeo coming to town soon...

My concert days are about over..I got to see VH 3 times in their heyday and twice with Wolf...I dont think I would go even if MA came back..other than if a group from here were to see a show somewhat close by..
    My last show was Pearl Jam in Cville 2013..3 hours of not knowing whats getting played next..a band that somewhat appreciates its fans...these guys played 16 fuckin songs just in the 2 encores..and it was 80 bucks compared to 175...
    I saw Pearl Jam on the last tour. I have everyone of their albums as well. It was ok. I actually left early. I think Pearl Jam is more of a smaller venue act. Will probably see every show they do later in the careers...say the 5000 seat amphitheatre setup.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedZoneD25 View Post

Ummm.... Nailed it !!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Yea, I'm glad I have Hammersmith 1978. A band killing it and taking over the world ! But to them this is going to be the definitive live VH album in their words. Give us a break !

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I cannot fucking believe they'd sit down and listen to that and go "Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's put out a live album of that!!"
    I am with you Von, but don't make me dig up footage of Mike screaming like his testicles are in a vice

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am with you Von, but don't make me dig up footage of Mike screaming like his testicles are in a vice
    Haha! Yeah, there are some baddies in that department. Hang'em High comes to mind.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil theStalker View Post

Ich wunsche euch allen einen schonen Samstagabend.

That drum set is as small as Spammy's penis.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow this is painful , Von et al they got old. Just in ....Cassius clay is old to.
    Buy it or don't they don't owe you anything.

Fuck me i miss when they did fuck all and we just posted nudey pics.
    fuck your fucking framing

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, in all fairness, DTNA was one (if not the) lamest song in all of 12-13 thanks to Dave changing the vocal melody to that ridiculous higher register (China Town was a close second thanks to Dave never singing the lyrics correctly).

All things considered, I thought Dave sounded pretty good in Tokyo. Would I rather have something from the glory days? Yeah, but what are you gonna do?

Thread Information