Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Nothing better than sunshine on a cold day...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Dem kittehs dreaming of the birdies outside.

Is the lower one black? Or is that just the shadows? And do they always choose the same flats to stay on? Like the b&w one knows it gets the top shelf?
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        Dem kittehs dreaming of the birdies outside.

Is the lower one black? Or is that just the shadows? And do they always choose the same flats to stay on? Like the b&w one knows it gets the top shelf?
        Yes to both questions. Spook's too big for the top shelf now. That's where Squeak (b & w) goes to get away from Spook.
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Angel
          Yes to both questions. Spook's too big for the top shelf now. That's where Squeak (b & w) goes to get away from Spook.

That tree outside is fucking HUGE! Thats awesome and I bet you don't even notice it really since you see it every day. So many places in California are developments made in the last 5-15 years and all the trees (if any) are tiny stick trees from Home Depot. I really miss huge trees in the neighborhood.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Irish finally learned to sit. She's only six, and this disproves the notion that she is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Oh dear.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Here's the Demon Cat. She destroys everything, especially loves chewing up flip flops and puking up the neoprene in my closet. Go figure. I caught her half way up the Christmas tree today - she had her head poking out right where a big ornament was.

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Here's the Demon Cat. She destroys everything, especially loves chewing up flip flops and puking up the neoprene in my closet. Go figure. I caught her half way up the Christmas tree today - she had her head poking out right where a big ornament was.
                AWWWW....but look at that face

I honestly think God made animals cute so we would have a hard time beating them to death for shredding our new sofa & peeing in our shoes.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

And here's the good cat. I brought this one home as a present for my daughter after she started walking. She picked him up, put him under her arm and went to her room. And they have been best friends since then. This cat follows her every where she goes in the house. Stands outside her damn door if it's closed and raises holy hell. He's never broken or messed up anything.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Thanks Donnie. Great story. I love hearing when kids bond with pets like this. So much today kids don't give 2 shits and are fully engulfed in gaming, texting, facebook, etc. It's sad. Childhood is the golden time to have that special buddy with you. Pure magic. And good for you for just letting nature take it's course and letting them have their friendship their way.

*haha! digging the old lava lamp. I had an orange one.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Thanks Donnie. Great story. I love hearing when kids bond with pets like this. So much today kids don't give 2 shits and are fully engulfed in gaming, texting, facebook, etc. It's sad. Childhood is the golden time to have that special buddy with you. Pure magic. And good for you for just letting nature take it's course and letting them have their friendship their way.

*haha! digging the old lava lamp. I had an orange one.
                      My kid never cared much for toys. We just spent our time together playing games and doing stuff outside. I was lucky in a way, since it was just me and her since she was 2. I got to enjoy seeing her grow up and never had to share that with anybody. Just us - and to hell with the rest of the world. But that damn cat was always next to her - and I'm glad they were friends

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

That tree outside is fucking HUGE! Thats awesome and I bet you don't even notice it really since you see it every day. So many places in California are developments made in the last 5-15 years and all the trees (if any) are tiny stick trees from Home Depot. I really miss huge trees in the neighborhood.
                        I appreciate EVERY tree here. There are no natural trees here, all planted. I live in an old neighbourhood, so the trees are all old. Newer neighbourhoods are like yours...twigs from Home Depot. I really miss the old growth forests I grew up with.

Comment

• WACF
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

I appreciate EVERY tree here. There are no natural trees here, all planted. I live in an old neighbourhood, so the trees are all old. Newer neighbourhoods are like yours...twigs from Home Depot. I really miss the old growth forests I grew up with.
                          First time I went up north of Prince Albert I was amazed. Rock, lakes and trees...beautiful.
                          It was not the prairies I grew up on...scrub brush and thistles...

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

So check this....they had totally bulldozed 100's of acres flat to build our development. So when we moved in it was all home depot plants & trees. At night it was dead silent. Because all insects & birds were bulldozed out. So after we planted our grass & shrubs in the backyard I started going to the pet store & buying 200-400 live crickets for $10-$20. I'd come home & start spreading them around all over the backyard, front yard, the walk to the mail box. By the 2nd year it sounded like the fucking bayou outside. Awesome!

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                              First time I went up north of Prince Albert I was amazed. Rock, lakes and trees...beautiful.
                              It was not the prairies I grew up on...scrub brush and thistles...
                              You need to visit the mountains...or the west coast rain forest. Makes PA trees look like twigs .

Comment

• Headly1984
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Headly1984
                                lesse if I added the attachment - this is my Shep/Sam mix - has a Samoyed friendly demeanor

ok, this may not translate well - but I have secretly considered my 'boy' the DLR of dogs at times ..

He is white, gorgeous for his breed(stops traffic some times), happy go lucky toward all dogs and people and loves to have a (little) beer ..

sounds kinda like Dave - mostly universally considered a good looking guy & wanting to have a good time w/everyone

Comment

Working...