X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

I stand corrected.

If I can't be a 6 million dollar failure, I wish I could have been a 4 million dollar failure.

Dave came away laughing.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

LOL so they finally got what they (CBS) wanted, Opie and Anthony. How'd that work out?

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        LOL so they finally got what they (CBS) wanted, Opie and Anthony. How'd that work out?
        Neither work for SiriusXM any more...
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I haven't heard a lot of their stuff but what I did I didn't find funny. The 20 minutes or so of stand up I've heard from Jim Norton, their long time collaborator was so weak I was completely confused that he had a career beyond open mikes. I think he's a fan of CVH and all that too but to me I don't get his thing(s).

Also their fans inexplicably attacked this site for a while because of the Roth radio thing, Anthony got sacked for being racist and it wasn't an unreasonable sacking but most important of all they just come across as not being very good so have to try too hard IMHO.

Their hardcore fans came across as having that thing that liberal colleges are often accused of these days whereby they shut down freedom of speech and expression they don't like while claiming to be the guardians of it.

But again I'm basing all of this post on a complete total of about 90 minutes exposure to them and their base and subsequent shows so may be talking shit. Also I'm getting old.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-18-2020, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Opie and Anthony were awful and painfully unfunny.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I remember when those cockbags sent a bunch of trolls over here to attack me, for some reason. Guess Karma came back to kick them in the ass eventually.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Opie and Anthony were awful and painfully unfunny.
                The "Pests" would claim that O&A were funny, and if one didn't think so, one didn't "get it."

Come on. It's comedy, not algebra. It's funny or it ain't.

That being said...I have watched some of the Norton stuff on YouTube, and he's okay. Some of the Anthony stuff with Artie Lange, and they're okay. Haven't bothered to watch any of the other guy's stuff, not sure he even works any more.

I'm sure this will show up in a search someday and we'll be visited again.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Funkmonkey
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

I don't know about being set up to fail. It's just Roth can't keep up the Picasso Brothers shtick for three straight hours without performing some music.

Comment

Working...