Wow! Ice Cream Man! Must see Performance!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

Wow! Ice Cream Man! Must see Performance!!!

well I hoped by !!!'s worked. check out the crowd reaction from this show!

"FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

takes a minute for the camera to settle in.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Wow, all kidding aside, this is the best version of Icecream Man that I've heard from the 07 part of the tour.. Eddie really seemed like he was trying! Thanks for sharing that, it really captures the VH vibe!!
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If you were comparing it to their late 79s early 80s 'A' game then you would have to say Roth is closer than Eddie.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          If you were comparing it to their late 79s early 80s 'A' game then you would have to say Roth is closer than Eddie.
          EVH guitar sounds comparatively, lopsidedly tinny. DLR sounds a little tinny too despite being a little digicam recording - but not THAT tinny.

They need another lead guitar player who can get it right.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

This is from the Philly show, 3rd show of the tour in '07.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by GAR
              EVH guitar sounds comparatively, lopsidedly tinny. DLR sounds a little tinny too despite being a little digicam recording - but not THAT tinny.

They need another lead guitar player who can get it right.
              Well then you are just back to Roth solo.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

the crowd reaction made the performance and vice versa. I thought it was the greatest natural moment on their tour. I dont think they were expecting that kind of reaction, and u can see it on Dave's and Ed's face...

I hope they dont ever ditch Ice Cream Man from the set list on tour.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

U would actually put a lead guitar player on stage with them??? fuck that... and "tinny"? I dunno. I thought it was great. Even the bass is pumping...

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Roth On B.T.
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

DAN!

how r ya my friend? life's good?

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

I'd give Ed an A for effort on the solo: not quite hitting all the notes but at least his timing is fairly solid. Ed oddly enough played better at the beginning of the tour, rather than improving as the tour went on (although relapsing halfway through probably accounted for more than a little of that).
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                          the crowd reaction made the performance and vice versa. I thought it was the greatest natural moment on their tour. I dont think they were expecting that kind of reaction, and u can see it on Dave's and Ed's face...

I hope they dont ever ditch Ice Cream Man from the set list on tour.
                          It was pretty much the only part of the show where Dave was allowed to talk to the audience in a relaxed way.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

what a fucking mess!!!!!!

i was smokin' a one hit with them during the basement part of the story, and sucked in a resin ball and kneejerk reacted by spittin' it out into the ashtray, and got to clean up all the ashes on the bar table!!!
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                              DAN!

how r ya my friend? life's good?
                              All Good Down South B.T.

How Are You My Friend?
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...