Official July 11 San Bernardino, CA, San Manuel Amphitheater Meetup/Review Threa

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
    Now THAT is how you open a mother fucking Mighty Van Halen Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALCO
    \m/ \m/
    you mean, it's okay for Dave not to start off 10ft with a splitjump from the drum raiser? oh oh...don't let them get you...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• FALCO
      Groupie
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      you mean, it's okay for Dave not to start off 10ft with a splitjump from the drum raiser? oh oh...don't let them get you...
      LOL... Seriously, after what I considered an abortion of vocal ridiculousness on the last go round, not to mention I just felt DLR was a bojangles shell of himself...

What I am seeing has me beyond pumped for September down here in South Florida... it seems like the '07/'08 Diamond Dave is slowly breaking out and shedding the skin of "that other DLR" we have endured...

Yes, still a bunch of bad notes and straining yelps, but they seem to be slowly fading out in certain areas and he is SINGING alot more... to me, the OVERALL vibe is more bad assery... maybe the infusion of more deep cuts, but he just seems different and I'm digging it!!!

FALCO
      \m/ \m/
      NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
      'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
      "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• katina
        Commando
        • Mar 2012

Romeo Delight

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Someone mentioned it in another thread, possibly/probably facetiously, but it's probably true that these opening shows of the tour really is DLR's rehearsal time....

The yelps will remain, unfortunately, but there's no doubt Dave's performances are getting better by the show.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by katina
            I´ll Wait

2007-08 Dave is coming back and starting to eclipse 2012 Dave... do not know Dave's mindset, but he is getting his shit together and sounds good and seeing Alex smile is the barometer of the band having fun
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Could it be that our pal Shelly is possibly checking out these forums and relaying to Dave we need to see improvement?!

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Dave in the book said it took a few gigs to get warmed up , who knew he meant from 2012 til now
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• katina
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Hot For Teacher

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

When I went to the Sam and Dave show there I noticed a lot less people were smoking pot. I took my trusty sneak a toke and kind of kept my smoking on the down low so to speak. A few people seemed to give me the stink eye but after I shared with one of them it turned out most of them wanted to partake too but didn't have any because they either quit or were scared they'd get busted smuggling it in. What's it been like on the tour so far as to people lighting up during the shows? I imagine plenty of people indulged in Washington but what about the other shows?
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• NIN1211
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

Mic Stand

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                      Could it be that our pal Shelly is possibly checking out these forums and relaying to Dave we need to see improvement?!

Dave needs to have the mic stand all show. Gives him something to do that is not too "jazzY."

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katina
                        Hot For Teacher

are they fucking KILLING it on that one??? Dave is on fire!!! FIRE!!! and Edward is beyond smoking! for all you "I won't spend my money on that tour"-assholes...I'd spent my last dime to see them if they'd touch European soil!
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

They should have called this tour 'Pot Luck: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'.
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

I think Dave has an umbilical hernia.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              When I went to the Sam and Dave show there I noticed a lot less people were smoking pot. I took my trusty sneak a toke and kind of kept my smoking on the down low so to speak. A few people seemed to give me the stink eye but after I shared with one of them it turned out most of them wanted to partake too but didn't have any because they either quit or were scared they'd get busted smuggling it in. What's it been like on the tour so far as to people lighting up during the shows? I imagine plenty of people indulged in Washington but what about the other shows?
                              Recreational marijuana is legal in Washington state --- so I doubt you'll see many people lighting up except for the Red Rocks, CO show on July 20.

But I thought in Colorado and Washington you're not allowed to smoke it in public?

Comment

• David'sPeeBroth
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Mar 2015

Comment

Working...