X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Montreal is not too bad, better than nothing.... The audio is OK for an audience recording....
    If i'm not mistaken that is the one shot slightly stage left where Dave looks like he is 2" tall. I 'm sure I have it but never could get all the way through it. Too many other good boot's. I might have to pull it out and try to watch it again.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EzTFFuEOJj4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EzTFFuEOJj4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EzTFFuEOJj4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EzTFFuEOJj4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
        Yeah that's the one I remeber. I guess the audio isn't bad. Not as good as the pro shot's like Largo or Old No.7

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
          Sniper
          • Oct 2009

Unless Ed gets off the shitter and opens up the vaults, nothing will be as good as those two boots... Hands down
          Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• ppg960
            Sniper
            • Dec 2005

This was right around the Winnipeg show. The quality is not bad really.
            I've never seen the whole thing, just pieces of it.
            This is better than the US Festival in 83 IMHO. Dave was hammered at that show before it started.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ppg960
              This was right around the Winnipeg show. The quality is not bad really.
              I've never seen the whole thing, just pieces of it.
              This is better than the US Festival in 83 IMHO. Dave was hammered at that show before it started.
              Maybe the show itself, but the US Festival was a pro-shot....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                Is there a nice quality video from the 1984 tour that is generally accepted to
                be one of the better shows? I'd like to get a video from that tour (even if it's
                not the Buffalo show I attended.) The Montreal Forum seems to get high
                marks but it doesn't seem to be readily available.
                It's out there on various trade sites. Montreal looks like it was shot from the inside of a skybox, but considering what little of 1984 live video there is out there, it's probably the cream of the current crop.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• silverfish
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                  It's out there on various trade sites. Montreal looks like it was shot from the inside of a skybox, but considering what little of 1984 live video there is out there, it's probably the cream of the current crop.
                  That's the problem - the little VH material I have to trade is probably already in
                  most collections. That's why I was hoping to find a torrent or something.
                  Originally posted by sadaist
                  I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                    Sniper
                    • Oct 2009

Well what do you have?
                    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• silverfish
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                      Well what do you have?
                      The usual suspects (all VHS):

Live clip compilation 1978 - 81
                      (Fresno 1978 + 79, Japan TV, 1st LP promos, Pasadena Civic 1979 & Oakland Jun 1981)
                      Baltimore Oct. 1982
                      US Fest 1983
                      Argentina 1983
                      San Paulo, Brazil 1983
                      Toronto PPV Dec. 1995
                      DLR - Glens Falls, March 1988
                      DLR - Karsloga, Sweden , March 1991
                      (and for Billy Sheehan fans - 4 Talas shows from 1982 - 84)
                      Originally posted by sadaist
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                        Sniper
                        • Oct 2009

Posted my entire trade list (Minus Spammy stuff, because I didn't want to get gonhorrea) in another thread, check it out

Comment

• ace diamond
                          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Those were '82, not '84....
                          as per the book "the van halen encyclopedia", the 1980, 1982, and 1984 concerts at the capital center were pro-shot by the in-house video camera systems.
                          only the 1982 video has ever turned up.
                          Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                          When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                            The usual suspects (all VHS):

Live clip compilation 1978 - 81
                            (Fresno 1978 + 79, Japan TV, 1st LP promos, Pasadena Civic 1979 & Oakland Jun 1981)
                            Baltimore Oct. 1982
                            US Fest 1983
                            Argentina 1983
                            San Paulo, Brazil 1983
                            Toronto PPV Dec. 1995
                            DLR - Glens Falls, March 1988
                            DLR - Karsloga, Sweden , March 1991
                            (and for Billy Sheehan fans - 4 Talas shows from 1982 - 84)
                            i've got most of those on dvd, but i also have:
                            montrael 1982 and 1984
                            donington 1984
                            las vegas 1984
                            memphis 1981
                            minneapolis 1980(all existing known footage, only 1980 fottage known to exist)
                            toronto 1979
                            fresno 1978 and 1979
                            dlr detroit 1986
                            dlr ranta rock, finland 1999
                            us fest 1983
                            largo 1982
                            boston 1979
                            dlr hartford ct, and the meadowlands 2002 pro-shots from the sans halen tour
                            i have all of the shows from the 1983 south american tour........
                            i know i have more but this stuff is just off of the top of my head
                            Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                            When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                            "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ace diamond
                              as per the book "the van halen encyclopedia", the 1980, 1982, and 1984 concerts at the capital center were pro-shot by the in-house video camera systems.
                              only the 1982 video has ever turned up.
                              I understand what you mean now, although that "encyclopedia" is filled with discrepancies that I verified during the creation of my "This Day in CVH/DLR History" calendar here....

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                                Sniper
                                • Oct 2009

My dad's best friend had went to the Largo show in 1982, both nights. He had seats that I can only describe like this. Let's say we're Van Halen. We're on stage facing out. If we looked up and straight out, there would be a box seat above the floor. He and a few of his friends had some of the best seats in the house. And he even let me wear the tour t-shirt he got there!

Comment

Working...