• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

EVH Releases the Wolfgang USA Tour Relic Replica

For the legion of fans who attended the 2015 Van Halen Tour, it’s unlikely they failed to notice the striking, aged-looking Ivory Wolfgang USA guitar that Eddie Van Halen played onstage.

In exciting news, EVH Gear has announced that it will make available an exact replica of this very instrument for consumers with the release of a limited 20-piece run of custom-built EVH Wolfgang USA Tour Relic Replica guitars.

Van Halen originally planned on using the same Wolfgang USA in Stealth Black that he played during the band’s 2012 tour, but he also asked Master Builder Chip Ellis to build him this guitar with a detailed relic treatment so that the original coat of black paint showed through the Ivory top coat.

“Chip built that for me and did a wonderful job,” Van Halen said in a recent interview. “I compared it to my trusty old Stealth, and the white guitar sounded better, so it immediately became my main guitar for rehearsals and the tour.”

Famous for tinkering with his guitars, Van Halen decided to sand down the back of the neck since he felt it was a little thicker than what he typically prefers from his neck profiles.

“It’s still a little fatter than the Stealth’s neck, but I’m happy with it, so it stuck,” he said.

The custom-built instrument also features an ebony fingerboard, block fretboard inlays, custom kill switch, EVH Custom High Friction (Tone) Pot and an EVH “HPU” or High Performance Upgrade, custom-made Low Friction (Volume) Pot.

“It’s the only volume pot I’ve found where I can play ‘Cathedral’ without any crackle or pop,” he said.

All of these features will be found on the EVH Wolfgang USA Tour Relic Replica, which also comes with a Custom Anvil white case (with black interior) featuring the Van Halen logo, Certificate of Authenticity autographed by Eddie Van Halen, EVH instrument cable, EVH strings .009-.042 and an EVH leather strap with dog leash clasps.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

20k?
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hey, the guy and his little yap dog gotta eat!

There's a guy on one of the EVH Frankenstrat replica pages on Facebook that made one. He got it pretty close.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

One of the things that annoys me about this guitar is the ludicrous idea that Ed's guitar goes through all this hardship.

A roadie picks up the guitar at that point in the set for that particular promotion and carefully hands it to him for a song or 2 at the M&M Super Mall Arena.

And at that instant it takes all that 'road abuse'?

What a crock of shit - stockbroker fodder.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

VHND also reported on the EVH Micro Stack. $50, 1 watt.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            One of the things that annoys me about this guitar is the ludicrous idea that Ed's guitar goes through all this hardship.

A roadie picks up the guitar at that point in the set for that particular promotion and carefully hands it to him for a song or 2 at the M&M Super Mall Arena.

And at that instant it takes all that 'road abuse'?

What a crock of shit - stockbroker fodder.
            It had to have a lousy paint job over an unprepared stock matte black surface. A decent paint job wouldn't be that worn down that quickly.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
              This however I may do.

Despite all my negativity I have an EVH stack already and despite it costing far too much it's been great.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                It had to have a lousy paint job over an unprepared stock matte black surface. A decent paint job wouldn't be that worn down that quickly.
                A rich talented person ripping off rich idiots - who cares?

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I spent $80 on a little ten watt, 1 x 6.5" speaker Marshall for a gift and was surprised how good it sounded.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                    20k?
                    just looked at the EVH site and it says $13,888.

Some of the custom Wolfgang hardtails go from $2200 to as much as $8k.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Even though I'm not a geetar player, I dig the look of that piece. But 13 grand???? Is it signed by Kip Winger??
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        Even though I'm not a geetar player, I dig the look of that piece. But 13 grand???? Is it signed by Kip Winger??
                        he comes to your house and plays 17
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                          he comes to your house and plays 17
                          And brings the band too? Hell, that might just be worth the price. Of course I would set that geetar on fire afterwards. And piss on it while it was burning. Cause I hate Ed.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            And brings the band too? Hell, that might just be worth the price. Of course I would set that geetar on fire afterwards. And piss on it while it was burning. Cause I hate Ed.
                            nope, just kip.
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              nope, just kip.
                              Well, I might need you to come to my house then. It's never a good idea to be alone with Kip. Next thing you know I'll be in Key West wearing hoop ear rings, looking for a boyfriend and planning my next vacation to coincide with the Big Gay Parade in NYC.

Comment

Working...