• Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The Bud (non) Lite of Scotland

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's completely amazing the change in US beer in the last 30 years. It used to be seen internationally as the worst fucking piss in the world. If you were visiting the US you would just ask for whatever Canadian beer was on sale and now for at least the last 10/15 years, all my beer gourmet fucking obsessive male friends, which is over half of them, live on US beers.

I drink maybe 1 or 2 beers a week max, I specialize in spirits.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

For me beer or wine is something you have with a meal. I prefer the hard stuff straight up. I’m not into candied up cocktails. I want two fingers of a good bourbon, some ice cold vodka or some nice warmed up cognac in a sifter.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Holy Underwear Will NOT Stop COVID!!

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Kolob) tested positive for a breakthrough case of COVID-19, his office said in a statement on Friday.

“Senator Romney tested positive today for COVID-19. He is currently asymptomatic and will be isolating and working remotely for the recommended period of time,” his office said. “Mrs. Romney has tested negative. Both Senator and Mrs. Romney have been fully vaccinated and boosted against the virus.”

Several dozen lawmakers in both the House and Senate, almost all of whom were vaccinated, have tested positive for COVID-19 since last summer.

Some of the lawmakers who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month included Reps. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), Ben Cline (R-Va.), John Katko (R-N.Y.), Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) and Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.).

The United States is still reporting daily COVID-19 cases in the hundreds of thousands, including over 570,000 infections reported on Thursday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Earlier this week, President Biden’s chief medical adviser Anthony Fauci said that he was confident that most states would see COVID-19 cases peak in mid-February.

"You never want to be overconfident when you're dealing with this virus," Fauci said during an appearance on ABC's "This Week." "But if you look at the patterns that we've seen in South Africa, in the U.K. and in Israel ... they have peaked and [are] starting to come down rather sharply."

While evidence increasingly suggests that the omicron variant is less likely that delta to cause severe illness or death, the United States this week saw the average number of COVID-19 deaths outpace the delta surge’s peak from last September.

Separately, the Supreme Court earlier this month blocked the Biden administration vaccine-or-test mandate that would have applied to businesses with at least 100 employees, which officials early on said would prevent at least 250,000 hospitalizations and thousands of deaths.

It served as a stinging defeat for the Biden administration as officials try to further curb the COVID-19 pandemic.
              Last edited by FORD; 01-29-2022, 12:05 AM.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

State trooper who told governor to 'kiss my ass' over vaccine order dies of COVID

This month's winner of the Herman Cain Memorial Award goes to Cascadia's own Robert LeMay (R - Dead)

news.yahoo.com
                State trooper who told governor to 'kiss my ass' over vaccine order dies of Covid
                Phil Thomas

A state trooper who left his job over a vaccine mandate, telling Washington state governor Jay Inslee to "kiss my ass", has died of Covid.

Robert LeMay, 51, was fired in October over his refusal to get the jab and filmed a video of himself hitting out at Mr Inslee.

In the video he says: "This is my final sign-off. After 22 years of serving the citizens of the state of Washington, I'm being asked to leave because I am dirty.

"This is the last time you'll hear me in a state patrol car. And Jay Inslee can kiss my ass."

On Friday Washington State Patrol Chief John R Batiste released a statement saying the former trooper had died.

Chief Batiste wrote: "I am deeply saddened over the news that our former friend and colleague Trooper Robert LaMay has passed away. This agency's prayers and remembrances are with his family and loved ones. Rob served honorably for over two decades and we were disappointed to see him leave the agency this past October. His service to this state and agency will be long remembered and appreciated.

"Let us now remember our old friend, support his family and loved ones, give thanks for his service, and resolve to meet the challenges ahead with continuing duty, dignity and respect."

Last year it was reported that Covid had become the single biggest cause of death for police and law enforcement officers across the US, even as associations representing them fought against vaccine mandates.

CBS News reported that nearly two dozen police professionals died from Covid in just one month – October 2021 – while a total of 301 of the 458 police officers who died in the line of duty in 2021 were lost to Covid, according to the New York Times.

This made last year the deadliest for police officers in the US in more than 90 years and represented a 55 per cent increase on the previous year, the paper said. It is thought that at least 460 law enforcement officers in the US have died of Covid since the pandemic began.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    You'll be in a ICU soon
                    sorry to disappoint you...
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        I'm no conspiracy theorist. I don't believe "we are all in this together!" Just not interested in getting it.
                        Just starting to read this thread...you turned out to be correct!
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          COVID has been the biggest freak show ever. Everyone is arguing with everyone over silly shit and it’s created new billionaires in the pharmaceutical industry.
                          Save me reading this entire thread...

Did we all come to the same conclusion now that we have all of the politics washed away?

1) Masks never worked
                          2) Vaccines never prevented transmission
                          3) Could have lessened severity with some strains potentially
                          4) Vaccines never prevented infection
                          5) Vaccine mandates were insane
                          6) Corrupt Pharma wins again
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                            Save me reading this entire thread...

Did we all come to the same conclusion now that we have all of the politics washed away?

1) Masks never worked
                            Well fuck, if you're going to comment maybe at least read the first page. "Masks don't work"? Tell that to the South Korean and Taiwanese. Their initial Covid lockdowns and masking regimens indeed resulted in a miniscule transmission rate in the early days. The masks are not about you, they're about other people. Typically something we Westerners don't give a fuck about. They are far from 100% but do statistically reduce community transmission and the initial intent was to prevent overrunning of ICU's. Just because we don't like them, and wear them like assholes with masks slipping off noses and stuff in the West doesn't mean they do not work, it means we don't give a fuck about anyone else but ourselves.....

2)4) Vaccines never prevented transmission/never prevented infection

3) Could have lessened severity with some strains potentially
                            How would you know? What's your degree in? Your opinion is not fact. I'm pretty sure that there were people that vaxed and never got Covid because of the vaccine. But yes, I was vaxed three times and still got Covid at the end of February. But the only reason I even knew it was because I had been regularly testing in order to see my sick father in the hospital/nursing home. My Covid barley a cold, despite having some "risk factor's)" although my immune system is actually extremely strong, which is a problem actually.

But both masking and vaccines were never supposed to be 100% effective nor was there ever a magic silver bullet. They were meant to minimize hospitalization and the horrors that struck Italy in the late winter of 2020 where tens of thousands of older people died nearly simultaneously and the dead were stacked up in hospital corridors next to new patients. So easy to forget that shit conveniently...

5) Vaccine mandates were insane
                            How was that insane? If you don't want the Vax, there was no gun to your head to get it. You simply couldn't get certain jobs or conduct business as usual. I was in the US Army, and one day early on we processed through a hallway with two guys firing guns into our arms. They didn't fucking ask "do you mind this polio vaccine being injected into you?" There's always been mandates, like so retards can't send their sickly kids to schools and spread diseases to everyone else because they are superstitious/ignorant anti-science assholes....

6) Corrupt Pharma wins again
                            Yay! I wish people actually gave a fuck about "Big/Corrupt Pharma" when it came to advertising bullshit expensive drugs to "ask your doctor about" on TV that are often less effective than the currently available generic drugs. Oh yeah, opioids! But those drugs are kind of fun so no one gives a fuck to truly enact severe reforms needed. We only worry about vaccines based on a partisan POV fanned by bullshit conspiracy theories...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The arguments against masks/vaccines/lockdowns is basically like "seatbelts and airbags don't save 100% of car accidents victims, therefore seatbelts and airbags don't work!"

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Most other countries this didn't divide on politics. Every sort of government ended up having to do different versions of what happened in the US from dictatorships to commies to super right wing to theocracies.

There are still millions with long Covid and thousands still dying every week. Sure some mistakes were made but drugs saved millions of lives, if you want to have a go at 'Big Pharma' its opioids you need to fight them over not vaccines.

Comment

Working...