Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

I wonder how they make it look like he's really playing this time...

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Smoke and mirrors
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm looking forward to the 'Wolf isn't really ________ ' conversations coming up. Wolf is the real deal and he killed it in Louisville.
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by VAiN
          I'm looking forward to the 'Wolf isn't really ________ ' conversations coming up. Wolf is the real deal and he killed it in Louisville.
          I know, bro....and my tickets are his side of the stage tomorrow!
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• m_dixon1984
            Foot Soldier
            • Aug 2004

Not sure why no one has posted the VHND link to this article:

David Lee Roth has just informed VHND.com that the band is “totally okay with” fans shooting photos or video at the shows during their 2012 tour, which kicks off this Saturday, Feb. 18th, in Louisville, KY. So knock yourselves out and take all the pictures and videos you want! Just keep in mind that we are talking cell phones or small cameras only. Professional cameras or video equipment wouldn’t be allowed into venues. (Of course, this might not be quite as easy as it sounds…venue security people might not all be on the same page. For example, at the Van Halen rehearsal held at the Forum last week, outdoor security were adamant that no cameras are allowed, but security inside had no problem with people filming or shooting).

So just be cautious...pro style equipment and video cameras may not be allowed (saw some folks here talking about handycams and zoom lens). OR, just leave them at home and Roth Out old school style.
            M
            http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I am right now editing a concert video of U2, when they came to Gnashville last July. Would not normally have bothered, but a) it was one of the greatest concerts I have seen, though I was not there, b) Someone with a digital recorder was right next to the sound console, so I got a full uninterrupted digital recording that is PERFECT, and c) there were several hundred video clips uploaded to youtube, many of them in HD.

So I went to youtube, downloaded every video that was uploaded from the show, and am editing them all together now. 31-song set, some songs have 20 or more video clips to choose from. I don't give a fuck if the sound is shitty or if people are yelling or clapping, as I am not using the audio from the video clips for the final product. I just use the audio to synch up to my master audio track, the delete the video audio. Then choose which camera angles I want, etc. Am just finishing the 4th song right now. Is going to kick ass when I am done.

And I am going to acknowledge everyone who contributed a video. In the credits I am going to say "Thanks to everyone who took the time to capture video of this amazing show, and upload it to youtube. Without your input, this DVD would not be as great as it is...".

It helps when you are working on music you like to hear, lol.

Am sure there will be some multi-cam shows from this tour. Hell, the Led Zep reunion show someone created a 10-cam DVD which I have.

Gotta love technology.
              Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-20-2012, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

No Wonder I Drink,It's Called A Fucking Hat Cam.
                Last edited by Dan; 02-20-2012, 02:27 AM. Reason: Yes,I have Been Drinking.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                  No Wonder I Drink,It's Called A Fucking Hat Cam.
                  Which show are you flying over for Dan
                  WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Ok,You Are Going To Look Funny But Who Gives A Fuck.

Last edited by Dan; 02-20-2012, 02:35 AM. Reason: hands Free baby.

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                      Which show are you flying over for Dan
                      Please Note: That Information Is Top-Secert.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                        Please Note: That Information Is Top-Secert.
                        Bummer, I wanted to buy you a beer.

Cheers.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                          Bummer, I wanted to buy you a Hooker.

Cheers.
                          How Rude.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                            How Rude.
                            Okay, so Manila it is.

See you there.

Comment

• kubacheck
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Feb 2012

for what it's worth, I just noticed this post on another website...... it's still technically hearsay to us, but it looks like there's the "Official" permission some have been looking for.....

"Friend of mine who works at an arena that VH is coming sent me this memo she got.

I need to make everyone aware and also ask for your help to inform all that the Band have requested that the camera policy to be "if a audience member can carry the camera/video equipment in to the venue it is allowed and should not be stopped.

YES, that means professional cameras (with long lens) and even hand held camcorders are allowed in, but No Tripods or Tv style video Cameras!"

Comment

• DaveTheScott
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by kubacheck
                                for what it's worth, I just noticed this post on another website...... it's still technically hearsay to us, but it looks like there's the "Official" permission some have been looking for.....

"Friend of mine who works at an arena that VH is coming sent me this memo she got.

I need to make everyone aware and also ask for your help to inform all that the Band have requested that the camera policy to be "if a audience member can carry the camera/video equipment in to the venue it is allowed and should not be stopped.

YES, that means professional cameras (with long lens) and even hand held camcorders are allowed in, but No Tripods or Tv style video Cameras!"
                                I'm going to print that out and carry it with my ass so when Biff the Bafoon from ELITE security smashes the camera and kicks the shit out of me, I can show him this and he'll feel bad.

Anyway...doesn't all of this shit seem kinda surreal? It's almost too good to be true. I'm heading over to the thread where everyone's speculating on the next album.

Comment

Working...