X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A New Entry for FORD of July 2014!

Tonight's selection comes from Lagunitas of Petaluma CA.....

We brewed this especially bitter ale in remembrance of the 2005 St Patrick’s Day Massacre and in commemoration of our 20-day suspension that followed. The ABC conducted an undercover investigation of our brewery, finding us guilty of operating a “Disorderly House.” We did the crime. We did the time. We got the bragging rights.”

ABV: 9.75%
    Sold as: 6-packs & Kegs
    Net contents: Ounces and ounces of Malt, Hops, Yeast and water.

It's not labeled specifically as an IPA, nor does it appear all that pale, but it's so goddamned hoppy that IPA afficianados will love this stuff.

And though my bottles say 9.2% rather than 9.75, it's enough, believe me. And yet, goes down about as smooth as a high class call girl. Er... uh I mean a 6.2% usual IPA.

Sucks that this is labeled a "limited release" because that probably means I won't see it again for a long time. Especially on the other end of the West Coast. But if you see this stuff where you buy beer, do NOT pass it by!

FORD's rating:
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Happy FORD of July, Motherfuckers!

It's been a while since there was a new entry to the Beercyclopedia, but this one was worthy of a mention....

Anyway, I had seen this Samuel Adams "Rebel IPA" in the stores for a while. Looked it over. Seemed about average for an IPA so I didn't think it was all that worthy.

But the folks at Boston Beer Inc. had some additional products in their new IPA product line, including the Rebel Rouser IPA. The label design is virtually identical to the other IPA except its green rather than red. So I guess you can buy both and use them for Xmas decorations. But fuck all that, let's get to the beer.....

Bold, citrusy, and piney, our double IPA isn’t just a bigger version of Rebel IPA. Instead we explored a different balance of hop character, including Bravo & Galaxy hops, and upped the ante on their flavor and expression for a brew that’s intense yet enjoyable through every sip.

HOP VARIETIES
      Bravo, Galaxy, Zeus, Simcoe®, Centennial, Cascade, Amarillo

MALT VARIETIES
      Samuel Adams two-row pale malt blend

YEAST STRAIN
      Samuel Adams ale yeast

COLOR

Deep amber / 11 SRM
      SPECIAL INGREDIENTS

ALC. BY VOL/WT
      8.4% ABV / 6.5% ABW

IBUs

AVAILABILITY
      Year Round
      Overall, it's a good contender for the imperial, extra-hoppy IPA category. Just slightly more bitter and 1/10th a percent of alcohol less than Pyramid Outburst, which is my current favorite IPA.

Since Samuel Adams entire product line is easier to find on the East Coast than here in Cascadia, I would definitely recommend Rebel Rouser to those who cannot get Pyramid's Outburst IPA easily. The Samuel Adams folks openly admit they were trying to make a "Northwest style IPA" here, and they accomplished that goal very well.... though my jaded palate still prefers the regional champion.

FORD's Rating: 1/2
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's Winter Beer season, and I think Keef would approve of this one.....

Our winter seasonal 6pk that falls into the realm of "Dangerously Slammable", this brew is especially irresponsible. Brown Shugga...How come you taste so good?

ABV 9.9 O.G. 1.1 IBU 51
        Availability OCT - DEC
        Introduced 1997 Sold As 6pack keg
        Pair With Any baked Holiday treats made with traditional pumpkin-pie spices...and braised shanks

FORD says yeah, yeah, yeah, woo!
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Been a while since the last FORD beer review, since I haven't really seen a lot of new products lately, and have been sticking with the good stuff. But when I saw a double IPA at Trader Joe's for $4.99 a 6 pack, how the Hell could I pass that up....

oddly enough, this product tastes NOTHING like a double IPA should. A strong IPA should have so much hop content in it that it resembles grapefruit juice, and there's no hoppy element to this beer at all. Therefore in good conscience I can't consider it a true IPA, let alone a double. It really tastes more like a scotch ale, like a Pike Kilt Lifter type of thing. Perhaps they should change the name to reflect that reality.

Upside is that it has an 8.4% alcohol content, so it certainly gets the job done, and at $4.99/six pack, it's certainly the best beer you're going to find at that price.

So... unless you're looking for a pure IPA, it's alright. You can pick it up at Trader Joes,

FORD's rating :
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Do you get this cheeky little number , in lieu of a full bodied ethanol

Admiral Vernons Old J Tiki Fire 151 Overproof Rum is a wonderful, headstrong rum with a twist of persian lime and delicious vanilla. Enjoy with a selection of mixers or in cocktails.
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

OMG, Zima might be coming back LOL

That jukebox isn't going to play "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News on its own. Pick yourself up by your suspenders, toss on your tortoise glasses, slide into those bit loafers, and make your way down to the local watering hole because it's all but official – Zima is coming back.…

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                Do you get this cheeky little number , in lieu of a full bodied ethanol

http://www.drinksupermarket.com/admi...-fire-rum-70cl
                Don't think I've seen that brand in the States, but given my previous experience with 151 rum, I'd probably avoid it anyway. It's the only type of alcohol that ever made me a violent bastard.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

IPA = pussy beer.

Comment

• Jimmy Page
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Aug 2014

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      IPA = pussy beer.

I never tried it, but if I remember correctly, Pussy Beer was a lager.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

On tap today at the FORD Country Father's day BBQ & Air Show

Apparently our friends at the New Belgium Brewery in Ft. Collns CO thought they needed to rebrand their IPA product line, and introduce this skull character graphic to it for whatever reason. The beer itself is still great, of course, and is very medicinal after the clouds broke in the middle of the afternoon and FORD found himself about as red as a goddamned rock lobster. Oh well.... at least I got my Vitamin D for the day, along with the hops and alcohol infusion...

Tasting Notes

Visual: Light golden, bright with a little particulate, medium-thin white foam.

Aroma: Pine and citrus in the fore, the citrus comprised of orange and grapefruit. Tropical fruit with lesser grassy and floral geraniol. Faint toasted bread malt note.

Flavor: Lightly sweet at first with a stronger, building and perfect bitterness.

Mouthfeel: Coating and warming with a clean finish.

Body: Medium body.
                        Beer Facts

ABV: 7%

IBU: 50

Yeast: Ale

Hops: Nugget, Cascade, Simcoe, Chinook, Mosaic, Amarillo

Malts: Pale, Black
                        FORD's rating:
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Note to Donnie..... New Belgium is now brewed in the CSA.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD

http://www.newbelgium.com/Brewery/asheville
                            Asheville is beautiful. We drive thru it a couple times a year going to Redneck Heaven, also known as Pigeon Forge. Probably go to Asheville this fall to tour the Biltmore House again. I'll have to check this beer out!
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Shit beer. Originally brewed in Fort Collins - land of the fucktards

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

By the way, knowing that slave FORD can boast that he drinks such expensive (shit) beer while living in welfare clearly demonstrates that something is seriously fucking wrong with America

Comment

Working...