Dave says "Van Halen is finished."

….during this latest interview:

=V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE
  • DaveTheScott
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2007

uh...welp...that's that. Glad I was there for the last run.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well...okay then

Bring on the John 5 album
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Rolling Stone picked up the story too

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I say within a week we'll be hearing from Hagar about this.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Kind of related. Kind of dumb, too. Telling that the guy has comments disabled.

Comment

• Jetstream
              Foot Soldier
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by twonabomber
              Kind of related. Kind of dumb, too. Telling that the guy has comments disabled.

Yup, he is basically a poor man's Eddie Trunk and one cannot get worst than that. Knows no one in the respective camps and is a fan of Van Hagar... sort of that nerd type who started liking Van Halen when he felt the sound and morality of Dave's bravado was no longer a hindrance, and he could then feel cool being a fan lol
              I got lost in the...

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The VHND article's comments has a few of the good ol' "I wish they'd just tell us SOMETHING, we deserve it!" comments and, of course, speculation that Dave's comments mean Hagar is returning.

Again I say...if Dave knows what's going on with Ed, good for him for keeping it quiet.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Who knows but my best guess is after a couple of attempts to get a tour going again Eddie is now basically retired.

I think people taking Dave's comments as Hagar coming back are completely kidding themselves although with Van Halen you can never be 100% sure about anything.

What is now ruled out is that this was a temporary thing.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

I say within a week we'll be hearing from Hagar about this.
                    Make it two days!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

How pricky...
                      Not announcing the band done, really. Just Dave revealing it sourly, and quickly skip to his solo thing in Vegas.
                      What about the thousands of fans who paid their tickets and drove or flew for miles to attend their gigs? Don't they deserve being addressed for a couple of minutes? Would it tear down their jaws to say a few words?
                      As it's often been said here, VH is the worst band in the world as far as fan treatment, except for Mike Anthony...
                      As if we needed further proof.
                      I think I won't follow that Vegas circus with much benevolence, to day the least.
                      As for the Hagar possibility, that would be the last straw.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                        What about the thousands of fans who paid their tickets and drove or flew for miles to attend their gigs? Don't they deserve being addressed for a couple of minutes?
                        No. They paid for a ticket, they saw a show. Transaction over. Go to the Links if you want to cry about "being owed."

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

Well, if VH is done, I hope it's for good and Sam doesn't ooze onto the scene again. The world doesn't need to hear Up For Breakfast ever again.

I think it's telling that he's even talking about releasing the John 5 album he recorded in '14. Ed drives the train, so I'm guessing he's done- whether for health reasons or otherwise.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

No. They paid for a ticket, they saw a show. Transaction over. Go to the Links if you want to cry about "being owed."
                            I was just at the Links and its hilarious reading Hagarites getting all excited, grabbing their vaginas over a Van Hagar reunion.

When that would be the furthest from Ed's mind at this point. He doesn't want to go out and play. Hes content with living his comfortable life without the ongoing drama of his famous rock band.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• moose
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

If its over then so be it
                              I was around from the get go and was lucky enough to see them multiple times as the original line up, and then again in 07/08 and 12'.
                              I passed on the 15' tour as I really didn't want to see a greatest hits package and vowed that I will never see them unless Michael was in and they had some new material to play.

What can one say except "thank you" and "fuck you" in the same breath to the greatest band ever

Funny my post count is 1979 the year I saw them live for the 1st time!

Comment

Working...