X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

RIP hitch1969

We lost the greatest legend in Roth Army history today.
    Condolences to his family!
    Another legend gone way too soon.
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

So this isn't like when Flappo died.. was it?

The guy was awesome.. too bad for him and his family.. if true.
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

His FB newsfeed is covered with condolences and his sister confirmed this.

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
        His FB newsfeed is covered with condolences and his sister confirmed this.
        Yea, Warfs right. Sadly it does not look like a hoax.
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• moose
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Horrible news...RIP hitch, my condolences to his family

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I recieved this from his daughter

Doug Hitchens Jr. passed away on January 23, 2017. His viewing is public and will be held on Tuesday, January 31, 2017, at 4 to 6pm at Resthaven entering Loveland along 287. The funeral service and Burial will be held on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 2pm at Resthaven as well.
            All information will also be included in this weekend's Coloradoan and Greeley Tribune. Please message Doug's account for any further questions.
            Please include anyone you may know of that has not received this news and information.

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

This is absolutely heart wrenching , it's 100% confirmed by his family.
              I just finished talking to his daughter.
              hitch1969 aka Doug Hitchens was one of the most beloved members here.
              He absolutely helped put this place on the map and brought in tons of traffic here in the army's infant stages, and his rants and multiple accounts made him legendary! I've had the great honor of being a friend of his over the years, even more so that I got to know the Real hitch1969 and his family!

RIP Doug

Last edited by WARF; 01-27-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Spock stuff was classic!
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Sarge
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Terrible loss for this community.
                  Hitch was a cynical, outrageous, flawed, comical, Sammy Hagar Lovin', genius, and friend.
                  He was one of the first people I met on the internet. He personally convinced me to reopen this website after I closed it in 2000.
                  RIP.
                  I enjoyed all the rants and humor. I think about him anytime I think about child support, Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, .. etc because of the stuff he said here and at hitchWORLD.
                  I liked him so much that I created and hosted his website for him, which was a ripoff of the Slawterhouse site. We made it as ugly as possible.
                  He seemed to have the intellectual capital of a genius, but no way to harness it.
                  RIP dude.
                  Can someone change the countdown clock on the top of the forums to an RIP of this great man?

Sarge
                  ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                  The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                  [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Hitch was a legend on what I like to call the "Real" internet. Back when it was free wheelin and above the head of any regulator or regulator wannabe. Sad to hear Hitch has passed on but as they say legends never die.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Goddamn it. I was sure this was another WARF hoax at first.

Well, I know that Hitch wouldn't want to read any weepy mourning from the likes of me, so I'll just say I'll miss the old bastard and leave it at that. Maybe pour out a New Belgium microbrew from his home town region tonight.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I always found Hitch quite amusing when I frequented this joint many years ago. RIP, Hitch.
                        Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Igosplut
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                          Terrible loss for this community.
                          Hitch was a cynical, outrageous, flawed, comical, Sammy Hagar Lovin', genius, and friend.
                          He was one of the first people I met on the internet. He personally convinced me to reopen this website after I closed it in 2000.
                          RIP.
                          I enjoyed all the rants and humor. I think about him anytime I think about child support, Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, .. etc because of the stuff he said here and at hitchWORLD.
                          I liked him so much that I created and hosted his website for him, which was a ripoff of the Slawterhouse site. We made it as ugly as possible.
                          He seemed to have the intellectual capital of a genius, but no way to harness it.
                          RIP dude.
                          Can someone change the countdown clock on the top of the forums to an RIP of this great man?

Sarge
                          I have a screencap of his website I'll post later. Also still have the STP CD he sent to us with the webpage on the cover. I'll find that too.
                          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Motherfuck. This sucks. I fucking loved Hitch1969. His Holiday rants were epic. Hell, his rants in general were epic. The guy was a genius, and will forever be a legend in Roth Army lore.

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

IMG_0973.jpg

This is hitches final post.
                              I'll be posting more classic hitch rants that he has posted on social media that the army has missed in his absence.

Comment

Working...