Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

I love the pic where WARF has his fist in the air. The caption SHOULD read: "Van Halen members Eddie Van Halen, WARF, and David Lee Roth perform at Cafe Wha? in New York, Thursday, Jan. 5, 2012. (AP Photo/Charles Sykes)"
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• DlocRoth
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      Okay folks...for those of you wondering how the band is getting along...here's the AP search for VH photos...there are tons of pics from tonight's show (WARF's shot is an AP shot, and he's in a few more...you see as you page through)...

but the key is the band...LOOK AT THE FUCKING BAND IN EVERY SHOT...AND including Dave and Eddie...it's pretty fucking clear...

THEY MIGHT ACTUALLY LIKE EACH OTHER...

Not sure if it's good or bad...but...

and I wouldn't have said this 15 years ago...

I think it's a good thing...holy fuck...

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?...roup=-10&sh=10
      Great, GREAT pics.......

It truly seems like a family again.... especially with Wolf and Ed........

PS.... WARF is in a shit ton of those shots.

Diggin on the back bend especially!!
      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        Dude... WARF is in a shitload of those shots!! We have to buy one for him. A big one.
        Great idea. One of those canvas poster sized deals.
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Good lord....even a review in the Speakeasy section of the MOTHERFUCKING WALL STREET JOURNAL???????

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE!

THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE! THIS IS EVERYTHING WE EVER HOPED FOR (well, getting mikey back would be the complete deal, but you know what I mean).

FUCKING ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

Damn. I am just repeating myself now. How many ways are there to describe astonishingly kickass?

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
            THAT WAS AWESOME! Thanks for sharing such amazing footage - looks like you were literally 1 foot away from Dave. Unbelievable.
            It's the same song from the '77 demos - but it has been reworked a bit.

The thing that really stood out for me was Wolf's bass playing - he's clearly driving that song and sounds light years ahead of where he was as a bassist in 2007.

This kid has been on the receiving end of a lot of harsh criticism since '07, and it looks like he's going to shut some mouths during this upcoming tour.
            When was the last time bass was featured prominently on a VH song?

Thanks again, GreenEyedMurder - much appreciated!
            The bass drives the train on that song. Wolf found the funk and did a good job. Yeah I called it as I saw it the last tour. He was fat, sloppy, unethusiastic and out of the mix. Now he looks like he has lost some weight, works out, plays in time and has some groove. The whole band looks and sounds great!
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-06-2012, 03:22 AM.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
              I love the pic where WARF has his fist in the air. The caption SHOULD read: "Van Halen members Eddie Van Halen, WARF, and David Lee Roth perform at Cafe Wha? in New York, Thursday, Jan. 5, 2012. (AP Photo/Charles Sykes)"
              That could be the new Roth Army t-shirt!!
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                That could be the new Roth Army t-shirt!!
                I would pay money for that!!

Comment

• Whorehey
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Hope I'm using this in the right context...

Dolemite
                  'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    Good lord....even a review in the Speakeasy section of the MOTHERFUCKING WALL STREET JOURNAL???????

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE!

THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE! THIS IS EVERYTHING WE EVER HOPED FOR (well, getting mikey back would be the complete deal, but you know what I mean).

Damn. I am just repeating myself now. How many ways are there to describe astonishingly kickass?
                    I bet Sammy Hagar is shitting a huge brick right now. He has ripped Roth every chance he got and he was hoping Ed would sober up and let his pathetic ass back in the band. Ok Sam, go down to Cabo and sell some more tacos why don't cha?

Comment

• DlocRoth
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

So as the reviews keep rolling in, pics of Dave and WARF(strangely that doesnt sound odd to me)keep showing up.....

Hide your sheep! WARF has gone viral!!!

And not in the way we all thought he would.

Youre the man, WARF!
                      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE!

This was all Daves doing, janie had nothing to do with it. So glad he is not her client.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
                          Hope I'm using this in the right context...

Dolemite
                          close enough!! welcome!

Comment

• Grant
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2005

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I gotta say that for past few years I've pretty much not given much of a shit with any prospects for a VH return to form, preferring to lurk around in Non-VH Forums (even that out-of-the-blue Aussie gig, that the incompetent promoters eventually stuffed up, didn't quite encourage me as much as it normally should've done - but maybe that was some kind of sign there?)

...BUT WOW, JUST WOW...WHAT A BREATH OF FRESH AIR THAT WAS!!!

Cheers to WARF, Pojo, GEM, and all the rest here at the ARMY!

Cheers again!

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

just yesterday, i posted this about WARF:

Originally posted by twonabomber
                              "you probably don't know this, but i'm pretty famous on the Internet."
                              and now he is.

unfuckingbelievable.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Only a real band can pull it off in such a small club. Many acts today can't do it without all the equipment, effects, and lighting. Sometimes you lose something on those big stages. It was cool to just see them lay it down the old fashioned way instead of looking like a Super Bowl halftime show.

Comment

Working...