MLB 2014 Season thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motherchicken
    • Nov 2009

Ichiro would probably still be a Mariner if that idiot Jay Buehner would have kept his mouth shut. He disrespected Ichiro and everything he did for the team with his comments and nobody spoke up for Ichiro. He did the right thing when he requested a trade. Too bad the Dodgers didn't get him instead.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Granderson.......can you lay off the curveball in the dirt just once? Damn....that dude is swinging and missing by 3 feet on those pitches! Girardi, when Tex leads off the 8th with a hit.....pinch run Gardy!!!....This is the playoffs....can't wait around for home runs all the time.....gotta manufacture runs sometimes.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

My thumb was on the power button of the remote with high anticipation of a game ending K by Mr. May.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by motherchicken
          Ichiro would probably still be a Mariner if that idiot Jay Buehner would have kept his mouth shut. He disrespected Ichiro...
          I somehow missed this story. What did he say?

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            My thumb was on the power button of the remote with high anticipation of a game ending K by Mr. May.
            Mr. may indeed......that dude is done. He could have worked a walk if he laid off the 2 pitches down and in and gotten Cano to the plate. Game 3 is huge.....usually that's Petitte's game....we need Kuroda to come up big.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I have total faith in Kuroda. He better get some damn run support. Andy was actually great last night. Went deep too. That can't happen again in the year 2012.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Andy definitely pitched well. This team hasn't hit with men in scoring position all year. I was afraid that would be their downfall come playoff time.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm very pro small ball. I liked how Jete showed more signs of bunt during their win then he did all year. If they're not going to get up there and clobber, they still have to find a way to manufacture runs. And your right about the pinch running. Get Gardner in there and move bases!

Comment

• qikgts
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

Speaking of small ball, I was surprised that Ichiro didn't try to drag one down the line in the 9th to get it started.

I was right there too. He's just not performing at the plate. At this point Girardi could get away with using Chavez and nobody could argue.
                    You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• mh5150
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2010

LET'S GO O's

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mh5150
                        LET'S GO O's
                        HELL NO!

Comment

• motherchicken
                          • Nov 2009

I somehow missed this story. What did he say?
                          He said if the Mariners extended Ichiros contract he'd puke. There was a dollar amount mentioned that Buehner thought Ichiro would expect to stay. I guess he figured Ichiro's abilities were declining. In my opinion you have to factor in other things too. Like butts in the seats and influence on the younger players. I think Buehner or Bonehead as I call him was a little jealous that Ichiro had replaced him and done a superior job.

Comment

• qikgts
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2012

Holy shit! Raul Ibanez is the man tonight! And he did it after pinch hitting for Mr. May!
                            You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• fourthcoming

THANK YOU RAUL FOR BAILING OUT THE REST OF THE PUSSIES IN THE LINEUP JETER NOT WITHSTANDING. I expect Ichiro to come around.....but same ol same ol as far as the playoffs go for guys like Swisher, Granderson, Texiera. Cano needs to wake up too and stop swinging at balls out of the strike zone. Hopefully Hughes doesn't shit the bed tonight. Go Yanks.

P.S. Kuroda pitched his balls off last night.....so did the kid for Baltimore. Jim Johnson apparently doesn't have the stones for playoff baseball.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

What he said.

Comment

Working...