Clear All
  • fifth element
    Commando
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by SunisinuS
    i got it to play on myspace

great job, SunisinuS

the beat, the feel.....good music
    Last edited by fifth element; 02-09-2011, 12:06 AM.
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

i did not do this..
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fifth element
        Commando
        • Nov 2010

now Pete's Brother.....that belongs in the Community Theatre on a Monday evening!!
        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by fifth element
          now Pete's Brother.....that belongs in the Community Theatre on a Monday evening!!
          i'll never remember that
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            i'll never remember that
            I remembered to post MY cartoon....lol...
            (love roadrunner)

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

Outstanding, and thank you so much. This info just made the process much less like trying to remove a tooth with a hole punch and a hammer (don't ask).

This is another early track recorded for our second album. We rerecorded a handful of these tunes for the third release, but this one was discarded. I'm really not altogether certain why, perhaps we felt it a bit primitive and red-necky. The track features the by now patented dirty bass sound I preferred then, and still do. Essentially, we ran a chord from the control room that split into two other rooms, each containing an amp. One was set to a clean, buoyant tone, the other to either an overdriven guitar amp or my bass amp with a distortion pedal. Rather than running direct to the board, we'd mic the cabinets from a few feet away, giving a fuller "room" sound. When mixing, I could then fade between the two tracks to get the proper level a tune required: a cleaner tone for the ballads, a much more harsher tone for the rockers. I initially got the idea from an interview in a guitar rag with Sting, who would do pretty much the same thing using both an upright bass and his electric.

Liner notes? Sorry did not get that far.
              Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-09-2011, 12:43 AM. Reason: Kristy you oh so angry thang......did you at least "get over it" when you came? Comedy.
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

LOL! I just record a clean track direct on it's own channel while running a plugin for playback only to get some kinda Marshally sound, and the harmonic feedback I dig.

Then, on mixdown, I can re-amp the clean track to sound however I want it.

My best friend had a mid-50s 50-watt Fender Twin for a few years back in the 80s.

Man, crank that bitch up with a distortion box at high volume and that amp sounded so evil, if it was a person, it would be coming after you with a knife!

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

thanks vain and kwame

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                    Liner notes? Sorry did not get that far.
                    You really should come up with some, as I'm digging the hell out of "Rocket Download". Nicely done.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Rocket Download had that David Bowie "Golden Years" Vibe
                      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Awaiting the epic posting of Elvis J. Palmstain's work.......
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Downloaded a buncha you guys' work the other week. Just now sat down and checked it out.

Jay, great job on Whole Lotta Love.

Goddam, Vain. That song Humid just kicks fucking ass! My fave out of the lot you uploaded.

Chef, the instrumental side of these tunes reminds me of Rush: Fantasy reminds me of Bastille Day in it's opening riff. Feed Me reminds me of Rush during the Vapor Trails era. Medicated just reminds me of Rush in general, lol. Good stuff!

Ashtralia that little .aiff clip was fucking cool.

We got some grate musicians around here.

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                            Downloaded a buncha you guys' work the other week. Just now sat down and checked it out.

Jay, great job on Whole Lotta Love.

Goddam, Vain. That song Humid just kicks fucking ass! My fave out of the lot you uploaded.

Chef, the instrumental side of these tunes reminds me of Rush: Fantasy reminds me of Bastille Day in it's opening riff. Feed Me reminds me of Rush during the Vapor Trails era. Medicated just reminds me of Rush in general, lol. Good stuff!

Ashtralia that little .aiff clip was fucking cool.

We got some grate musicians around here.
                            Hey brother, thank you for the kind words! And you're totally right, there are some seriously talented motherfuckers on this board! Thanks to everyone who had the balls to share. I know for me personally it's a bit tough. Bravo to everyone!
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Hey what the fuck. Keep rockin'!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

This track was my attempt at writing tv theme music for the opening credits of an action/adventure/cop show. It was meant to be accompanied by footage of foot chases, car chases, fist fights, shit blowing up, ect, ect. and end up with the hero and his cronies drinking someplace amidst beautiful women. I named it 203 for what amounts to roughly it's running time and because the title "Theme from a Non-Existent TV Series" was already used on an Elton John album in 1976.

Initially recorded for our third album (but left off because only three of the band members played on it), the track starts with my usual distorted bass and questionable sense of time keeping. That's my friend Craig on the leads that ultimately make the tune worthwhile by providing some much needed melody, with my bro Robbie on drums and me on some snatches of rhythm guitar.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...