• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Thanks for a Great Tour... Version 2.0

Dave's put up a little montage...

• Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Am confused in that I thought the US Van Halen tour ended last October...were they doing dates outside the US after that? Not being a smartass, but if they haven't, 6 months after the fact seems a little belated to say thanks in this day and age...the song selection in the clip gave the thing a feeling of a requiem for something else beyond just the end of a tour...

I dunno. Feels like it would be a good time (and maybe a little past time) for Roth to say thanks for the memories far as Van Halen goes. The whole reunion thing has served whatever purpose it had. It seems pretty clear nothing much by way of new music is going to be realized, and you can only do the nostalgia trip for so long before that becomes less of a neat revisiting of past glories and more of a demonstration as to how such glories should be left in the past. Dave comes across as more and more of an odd duck to me as he gets older. But he's brought a fair amount of entertainment to me over the years, and I've given him a fair amount of cash for it in return. Good luck to him, whatever happens.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I can only think that at the time the tour ended he didn't have someone who could put this together having parted company with his previous AV person?

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I can only think that at the time the tour ended he didn't have someone who could put this together having parted company with his previous AV person?
        Yeah, that could well be, when taking into consideration the speed with which things happen re: Van Halen.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• qikgts
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

I think all these recently posted vids were recorded right after they came off the road. In one of them he says something to the effect of "It's football season right now" and he was also referring to the big game/Superbowl ad as if it hadn't happened yet.
          You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Did y'all even watch the video..?

Nothing in it from the last tour... it's all from his stint hanging in Japan and some Different Kind of Truth promo crap and the Australia gig. 2013 revisited...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vaijuju
              Sniper
              • Jan 2008

Yes he posted the same video in August 2013

http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

Dave's caught Alzheimer, or he thinks we have.

Maybe he's wondering where David Lee Roth is too?
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm starting to wonder if all you younger punks have already had trouble with the elevator reaching the top floor...

I should not be the one with the sharper memory here...

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    I'm starting to wonder if all you younger punks have already had trouble with the elevator reaching the top floor...

I should not be the one with the sharper memory here...
                    Well, in my defense, crazy ole Uncle Dave has been sending out weird/cryptic public messages as far back as the Bar-B-Que, so I can hardly be chastised for not being able to keep them all straight...

Plus, I hadn't seen the montage in 2013 or whenever he originally sent it out.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Igosplut
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      Well, in my defense, crazy ole Uncle Dave has been sending out weird/cryptic public messages as far back as the Bar-B-Que, so I can hardly be chastised for not being able to keep them all straight...
                      He can't either.....
                      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Not chastising anyone... just happily amazed my memory is still intact. Thank you Roth Army!!

Comment

Working...