• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

It came from Bakersfield.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      It came from Bakersfield.

A useless musical interlude

:tongue0011:
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Still one of the best live albums ever recorded.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
          Still one of the best live albums ever recorded.

Curious side note about that gig, Craig. Buck didn't want to do it because he thought it wouldn't sell in NYC. It was only after the record company agreed to do a live album of the event that he did the concert. What a fucking concert, too.
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Blows those candy ass Duran boyz away......

Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
              Curious side note about that gig, Craig. Buck didn't want to do it because he thought it wouldn't sell in NYC. It was only after the record company agreed to do a live album of the event that he did the concert. What a fucking concert, too.
              Yeah, Buck was nervous as hell the gig wouldn't sell out, and was shocked when it did. Somewhere around here I have the original CD that came out in the late eighties. I also have a superior sounding version from around 1999 on the ultra tiny Sundazed label (pictured above). It sounds leagues better than the remastered version that came out a few years ago, includes the original liner notes and features most of the corny comedy bits that were chopped off the first CD.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Yeah, Buck was nervous as hell the gig wouldn't sell out, and was shocked when it did. Somewhere around here I have the original CD that came out in the late eighties. I also have a superior sounding version from around 1999 on the ultra tiny Sundazed label (pictured above). It sounds leagues better than the remastered version that came out a few years ago, includes the original liner notes and features most of the corny comedy bits that were chopped off the first CD.
                Man that's cool, Craig. Love have that recording.

The fact that Buck and the boys played the Filmore shows what kind of impact his music had.

I personally don't think Buck ever recovered from Don Rich's tragic accident. Yes, he went onto Hee Haw but it wasn't till Dwight started mentioning him as an influence that his career took off again.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

I personally don't think Buck ever recovered from Don Rich's tragic accident. Yes, he went onto Hee Haw but it wasn't till Dwight started mentioning him as an influence that his career took off again.
                  Yeah, it was a cryin' shame, as Buck's heart just went completely out of making music. That's the main reason he settled into doing Hee Haw and little else. I'll give Yokum all the credit in the world for bringing the man some justly deserved attention and respect before the end of his life.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Yeah, it was a cryin' shame, as Buck's heart just went completely out of making music. That's the main reason he settled into doing Hee Haw and little else. I'll give Yokum all the credit in the world for bringing the man some justly deserved attention and respect before the end of his life.

Yup, that's pretty much my take on it too.

Buck had like 20 number 1 hits and recorded something like a hundred albums. Wow!

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Yup, that's pretty much my take on it too.

Buck had like 20 number 1 hits and recorded something like a hundred albums. Wow!
                      That's the thing, though. After Don died, I think he put out maybe two albums of new material until Yokum came along. For 12-15 years, I'm pretty sure all that was released were compilations and old live shows.

You know, there simply has to be a book or two about this guy and that incredible band out there by now. I think I'll make a note to see if any are available. They rocked harder than any so-called country band, before or after them. It would be a disservice to their legacy if there isn't.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• bastardson
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                        What a fuckin Asshat. Nice fail ,Shitfunnel !

I'm from B.C.
                        But I was raised in the San Fernando Valley section of Los Angeles.
                        Mainly around Van Nuys.
                        Haven't been back to B.C since I was 5.
                        My parents were English.
                        Canada was just some place my dad worked.
                        I was raised as an American.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

That's the thing, though. After Don died, I think he put out maybe two albums of new material until Yokum came along. For 12-15 years, I'm pretty sure all that was released were compilations and old live shows.

You know, there simply has to be a book or two about this guy and that incredible band out there by now. I think I'll make a note to see if any are available. They rocked harder than any so-called country band, before or after them. It would be a disservice to their legacy if there isn't.
                          I too, am sure there has to be something out there and I agree these guys were the "blue print" to so much music that came after them. Hank Sr gets so much credit for it and so does Johnny Cash but in my mind Buck is right there with them.

Comment

• bastardson
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                            How did you avoid the draft, Cadaverson?
                            I'm Canadian and when I voluntered for the U S Army I failed
                            my physical for a bad knee.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by bastardson
                              I'm Canadian and when I voluntered for the U S Army I failed
                              my physical for a bad knee.
                              STFU, C-Dung.....sry, I mean bastardson.

Craig and I are trying to have a meaningful conversation about something important.

Not your troll equivalent of a free massage with a happy ending, attention whore .....there's no such thing as negative attention, just attention bullshit.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

STFU, C-Dung.....sry, I mean bastardson.

Not your troll equivalent of a free massage with a happy ending, attention whore .....there's no such thing as negative attention, just attention bullshit.
                                "...it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
                                William Shakespeare, Macbeth (Act V, Scene V).

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...