X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
    If Van Halen wants to do a single with someone why not do it with, oh I don't know, Lady GAGA. Get my drift?
    Because that would be a 'stunt'.

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
      Been done.....kinda.

Big Bad Bill :-)
      That doesn't qualify as a horn section. That was a single clarinet - not the same thing. I'm talking HORN SECTION. Think Dave's 'Ice Cream Man' from his Diamond Dave album - now THAT'S a horn section. I have my doubts this will turn out to be anything more than a Kool rumor, but if it should happen, I have faith the three twins and DLR will do us proud.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
        Because that would be a 'stunt'.
        I don't know. I bet Taylor Swift could belt out a mean Hot For Teacher. I would pay to see that.

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

I don't know. I bet Taylor Swift could belt out a mean Hot For Teacher.
          Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
            the lead singer of kool n the gang says they might be going out to europe with VH this summer
            and he said they might record a single with van halen.

i think that would be straight up gay, sorry but i dont want my favorite playing with koolio and the gang
            If that's really your way of thinking, then you should start wearing water-wings to eat soup, 'cause that's one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read.

Just sayin'

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              I don't care what VH are doing, nor do I care with whom they are doing it.

In my mind, if they are straying from "tradition", they are comfortable. Will it work? Will it sell? Will it give them a whole new listening audience? Who knows? Who cares? VH are taking chances. VH doesn't seem to give a fuck what anybody thinks about what they are doing. They are back to being like they were in the old days. Doing what the fuck they want, and doing it better than anyone else.
              Sums it up perfectly... they've emerged from the cave and bringing the house down with em...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Suppose Dave isnt included...

Just Kool and Van Halen...

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Zing!
                  Think Dave's 'Ice Cream Man' from his Diamond Dave album - now THAT'S a horn section.
                  It's Ice Cream Man 2 and it sucks fucking donkey dicks !!

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

You gotta be kiddin me!

I still don't get the connection here. I'm sure someone is going to call me a racist AGAIN and I don't really give a fuck.

This is joke.
                    I get you. Race has nothing to do with it. You are probably thinking Lou Reed + Metallica. Just doesn't fit. I don't think anything will come of this rumor. I do hope they tour Europe though.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS

Why, 'cause Ed and Kool can relate on lead singer issues with a smile? C'mon, if this happens at all, it again has 'In Dave we trust' stamped on it. The three twins are powering the ship. Dave's at the captain's wheel.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

There is no cool in VH without Dave
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                          the lead singer of kool n the gang says they might be going out to europe with VH this summer
                          and he said they might record a single with van halen.

i think that would be straight up gay, sorry but i dont want my favorite playing with koolio and the gang

This makes perfect sense ---- Dave has always maintained he has a "surgically implanted disco beat" and he understands "black rage".

And yes ---- it would be cool to hear the first VH song with a full on brass section.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                            I get you. Race has nothing to do with it. You are probably thinking Lou Reed + Metallica. Just doesn't fit. I don't think anything will come of this rumor. I do hope they tour Europe though.
                            Exactly.

Van Halen put out kick ass album that has no key boards or gimmicks.

Van Halen records single with Cool and The Gang that's all about horns and gimmicks.

M-Kay

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

It's Ice Cream Man 2 and it sucks fucking donkey dicks !!
                              I don't know about that - I kind of dig it, especially after reading Dave's account of the recording in his book; I can listen to it with a new appreciation. He devoted a lot of time to the subject in CFTH, so it obviously meant a lot to him. Sure, it doesn't hold a candle to the =VH= version, but it has its own vaudville vibe that I feel is a pretty good representation of DLR's personality. Dave has never shied away from the horns in his solo career - so I could see him suggesting it (probably to Wolfie). Still don't see this coming to anything, but who knows - they have been surprising me almost weekly for about the past 2 and a half months...
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

No dude, fucking Ice Cream Man 2 fucking sucks regardless of the Dave and Wolfie conversation you have giong on in your head...

BTW, Kool probably knows the lyrics to Hang 'Em High...

Comment

Working...