X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Dave Played A Corporate Home Depot Gig Last Week In Vegas

No, I'm not posting pics or video, because I'm too lazy to look for them. But, they're out there.
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I once prank-called Home Depot and asked them to go down the list of all the construction pieces I would need to re-build as LOVE GUN-era KISS stage in my backyard. They were surprisingly helpful, didn't notice my giggles and let me waste a lot of time.

I was young and stupid...but they did help me come up with a great way to construct the dual lit-staircases.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      No, I'm not posting pics or video, because I'm too lazy to look for them. But, they're out there.
      Truth be told, I think I'm gonna pass on looking for them.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

David Lee Roth joined all-star cover band Royal Machines for a performance at a Home Depot corporate event. Watch footage here.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
          Truth be told, I think I'm gonna pass on looking for them.
          I would recommend NOT watching the video. At least not with sound.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
            I once prank-called Home Depot and asked them to go down the list of all the construction pieces I would need to re-build as LOVE GUN-era KISS stage in my backyard. They were surprisingly helpful, didn't notice my giggles and let me waste a lot of time.

I was young and stupid...but they did help me come up with a great way to construct the dual lit-staircases.
            They don't give a fuck, they're paid by the hour. You probably helped them by blocking the really annoying construction co. asshole calls...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

When did Dave become Don Rickles?

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Poor Dave. When I was nine-years-old, I could not in my wildest dreams imagine a guy cooler than him.
                Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

So, if Dave cut those waste of time Van Halen remakes in the studio with no affects and no auto tune, how the fuck does he sound so BAD at that HD corporate gig?

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

I had a feeling.

Good for him if he wants the work and somebody is willing to pay, but...nope. I'm out.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Just think, if I were over at the Links and posted the truth like that about Clichegar, that bitch boy Bertt would ban me!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's kind of odd that Dave posted those new versions of CVH songs on Spotify with his new band showing he can still sing and then does a corporate for an amount of money that will be insane to any of us maybe 5 figures but just can't be life changing to him and then put in that performance.

It's so strange that he doesn't realize that the audience will not accept him changing the vocal melodies of his most famous songs.

Who else ever did that and everyone was fine with it?

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                          Poor Dave. When I was nine-years-old, I could not in my wildest dreams imagine a guy cooler than him.
                          Dude was the shit back in the CVH days.

Started to get a bit cringeworthy with that Sam and Dave tour...bizarro appearance.

Pulled his act together for that first VH reunion tour. Far as I'm concerned, Roth CARRIED that fuckin' tour.

Since then, he hasn't sung worth a damn and I can't even get through a full-length interview with him.

I will say the newer solo tracks he has put up online over the last several years had some good stuff to my ears. I guess doing the CVH stuff is his bread and butter, but he has been mangling that stuff live for so long now...bit of a shame...I mean, shit, I don't even have an interest in hearing him sing that stuff for free anymore.

Bozdy bozdy bop dede bop.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Just think, if I were over at the Links and posted the truth like that about Clichegar, that bitch boy Bertt would ban me!
                            He's an online Nazi Cunt.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Gee, I'm stunned by this wonderful news. While the other Dave, you know sex rock god Dave Gahan is playing to sold out shows every night to audiences of 60,000 or more your sad little has-been is doing a corporate gig for CEOs and managers to cheap to play their employees Christmas bonus much less a raise in the back room of a Home Depot warehouse. Let me guess, did Mr. Roth play the "hits"? I'm sure he did with his backing band of union musicians and a rented P.A. system - just like the good old days. Shame this gig was not in Las Vegas, he would have already cancelled it.

Comment

Working...