X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
    If it's like past RRHOF disputes, the scabs will play, but only the inductees will go to the podium and speak.

This is the KISS bio on the Rock Hall site:

Note only the original band members are mentioned by name. I wonder if that means they are the only members to be inducted.

Well, Trunk's article says it's a good bet that Ace and Peter won't even show up.....

And I agree with them 100%.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Here's the audio....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

If I were Ace and Peter I would show up just to piss Gene and Paul off. Fuck'em. I would even try and come out for an impromptu performance with the band and make them stop me.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

This is a disgrace. The scabs will play and Ace and Peter will likely not even attend. Great....so glad all us fans lobbied to get you fuckers in the HOF...
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
            If I were Ace and Peter I would show up just to piss Gene and Paul off. Fuck'em. I would even try and come out for an impromptu performance with the band and make them stop me.
            They really should. Ace and Peter should have their own press conference and media blitz elsewhere in the building. You know the media would cover it just to hear what they have to say. If they really want to piss off Gene and Paul, they just have to show up. The attention will be all theirs if they actually walk on stage to accept. They could play their own acoustic set too. I'd rather see that than 1/2 of KISS with scabs.
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• katina
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
              This is a disgrace. The scabs will play and Ace and Peter will likely not even attend. Great....so glad all us fans lobbied to get you fuckers in the HOF...
              Yes, it is an absolute disgrace that Ace and Peter will not be there
              Peter has released this statement on his website http://www.petercriss.net/

Official Statement from Peter Criss
              Regarding Rock and Rock Hall of Fame Induction

To KISS fans,

It's disappointing to have to say to you, the fans, that as of today, Ace and I have been denied a performance with Gene and Paul for our Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. Tickets go on sale on Monday, Feb. 24th, and I wanted to make sure that fans understood that no original performance, in or out of makeup, has been offered to us before they purchased their tickets. This is disgraceful and I feel bad for the fans who were looking forward to the four of us being inducted together.
              God Bless,

Peter Criss - The Catman

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

And the inevitable response from The Ego Brothers....

==================================================

ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME STATEMENT FROM KISS

To All Our Fans In Regards To The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

Out of respect, Ace and Peter's recent statements demand a quick response to you, our fans.

Our intention was to celebrate the entire history of KISS and give credit to all members including present long time present members Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer, and additionally Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr all who have made this band what it is, regardless of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame's point of view.

Although KISS has moved forward far longer without them, Ace and Peter are at the very foundation of what we have built and this would all be impossible had they not been a part of it in the beginning.

It is over 13 years since the original lineup has played together in make-up and we believe the memory of those times would not be enhanced. Contrary to claims made through the media we have never refused to play with Ace and Peter.

We have spent 40 years dedicated to building KISS without quitting or wavering as the band has moved forward with huge tours and platinum albums through different important lineups for forty years, to this day.

KISS has always been a band unlike any other. That is why we started KISS. That is why we continue KISS. Being unlike other bands also means making choices and decisions unlike other bands.

This is understandably an emotional situation where there is no way to please everyone.

To bring this to a quick end, we have decided not to play in any line-up and we will focus our attention on celebrating our induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

We are excited and are looking forward to seeing you all on the KISS 40th Anniversary worldwide tour.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If KISS isn't going to play, then it's probably a good thing that Velvet Revolver doesn't have a new album coming out...
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

So the backlash obviously was strong enough to make them have to release a statement defending the decision to not play with Ace and Peter, and instead of giving the fans what they want, they are just going to cop out and not play at all.

Nice. Very nice.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I think they should just do away with the rock and roll hall of fame and just make it a rock and roll museum. Rock and roll has always been anti-establishment. When you have hall of fame ceremonies ran by committees and the whole thing seems to stir up bad blood and put bands in akward positions, what's the point here? The only people who give a ratt's ass are the fans anyways and maybe we should just leave it the hell alone. The fans already have expressed their appreciation for these bands. Attending shows, buying their music, having a continuing interest in them. The hall of fame adds nothing but seems to sometimes destroy a good thing.

The biggest disaster was when Blondie had their hall of fame ceremony. We got to see the bad blood surface in a very ugly way. Hey. If you like train wrecks the hall of fame is for you. LOL!
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                        So the backlash obviously was strong enough to make them have to release a statement defending the decision to not play with Ace and Peter, and instead of giving the fans what they want, they are just going to cop out and not play at all.

Nice. Very nice.
                        The only way they could do it is not to play any songs. Dump the makeup and costumes. Have everyone who was ever in KISS over the years show up and have everyone accept the award.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          The biggest disaster was when Blondie had their hall of fame ceremony. We got to see the bad blood surface in a very ugly way. Hey. If you like train wrecks the hall of fame is for you. LOL!
                          Excellent post.

Love the last part the most...damn THAT was ugly. The band sitting in the front row asking Debbie if they could play now...just pathetic.

Seems like Gene and Paul wanted to to right by EVERYONE that's ever been in the band but were shot down by the mistake by the lake museum. That's a real shame. I was looking forward to seeing a band do it right for the first time...and they wanted to...but an outside entity wanted drama. Not what the fans wanted after being snubbed for all these years despite almost every band mentioning them as a reason to play music in the first place that was inducted.

Doesn't detract from the fact that they will finally have their day to me...IDGAF about watching the ceremony now, and I will never go back to that hellhole again!
                          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Ace nailed it. It's about the fans. Period. No fans, no sales, no music career. Just the fact that you can make a good living making music shows someone out there appreciates you. KISS really is a brand more than a band. It seems they still can pack the house. I think people come to see the show more than any one member of that band. It's KISS and sell. Hell, it could possibly go on beyond Gene and Paul if you had the right guys and they could pull the shows off. LOL! If Ace and Peter are disposable well then. Gene and Paul are too. They have made the band fireworks and makeup. Anyone that has enough skill to play their respective parts can do it. KISS is not a band, it's a brand. Anyone with money can buy the franchise and do whatever they want with it. It's not KISS it's KI$$. End of story.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

C'mon...I'm sure Gene has entertained the idea of Nick wearing his Demon makeup? Sure he has!

All valid points though.
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Everyone likes to bash Gene and Paul. The fact is, without those guys there would be no KISS. Ace and Peter would never have made it. They were too wild. You need someone with some brains and discipline to drive the train. Also Ace dressed up as a Nazi and fucked with Gene. Gene's mother spent time in a Nazi concentration camp during WWII. I would have beat the shit out of the guy and kicked him out of the band. Gene handled all that shit quite well. I love Ace. Love his timeless guitar riffs but man, he was a fuck up. Gene cut the guy more slack than I ever would have.

Comment

Working...