• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Kiss World Museum Opens in Las Vegas - Photos
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by silverfish
      Kiss World Museum Opens in Las Vegas - Photos
      https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss...-vegas-photos/
      Cool that they are showing all the different gear they have used behind the stage over the years...

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

$immons says they want to add 100 more shows.

How can we miss him if he won't go away?
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          $immons says they want to add 100 more shows.

How can we miss him if he won't go away?
          We can't, because they won't.

Honestly, I think both Stanley and Simmons at this point are - more than anything else (it's all they've ever done, there's still a buck to be made, etc.) - scared to stop touring, because at the age they are now
          once they stop touring they will have no structured/scheduled purpose. Nothing else to do but sit around and wait to pass away.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• silverfish
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2007

Gene Simmons: my stories of Eddie Van Halen, Donald Trump, Cher and more
            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Well, Donald is a huge fan of Gene Simmons. Mostly he’s jealous of my hair which is much cooler than his. Everybody thinks we both wear wigs, but no, we don’t. They’re all just jealous. I’ve known him off and on for a long time. Even though he comes from a good background and all that, he’s a self-made man
              I hope he is joking and doesn't actually think anyone is dumb enough to believe any of that complete bullshit...

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

couple o' creeps

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  We can't, because they won't.

Honestly, I think both Stanley and Simmons at this point are - more than anything else (it's all they've ever done, there's still a buck to be made, etc.) - scared to stop touring, because at the age they are now
                  once they stop touring they will have no structured/scheduled purpose. Nothing else to do but sit around and wait to pass away.
                  It’s ego. They get off that a bunch of losers pay a lot of money to go to KISS shows. They are addicted to standing elevated over a crowd of stupid people and manipulating them.

Sitting at home enjoying the spoils just isn’t as exhilarating. Paul and Gene are hopeless attention whores.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Not any different than a political or religious movement. It’s all about becoming a god to a bunch of idiots and it does pay well if you can pull it off. It’s all showbusiness.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

The only difference between a rock star and a politician is a rockstar will honestly say they fucked your sister and you think it’s cool. A politician fucks your sister and lies. He claims he did not have sex with that woman. When you find out he really fucked your sister you want to kill the guy.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        It’s ego. They get off that a bunch of losers pay a lot of money to go to KISS shows. They are addicted to standing elevated over a crowd of stupid people and manipulating them.

Sitting at home enjoying the spoils just isn’t as exhilarating. Paul and Gene are hopeless attention whores.
                        And why not?

Long as there is a buck to be made, long as people are showing up, long as they can still do it, fuck it.

Attendance isn't compulsory.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Yup. Not North Korea or at least not yet. You WILL go to the KISS show or there will be grave circumstances in store for you!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

The thing is you always want to quit when you are still considered good. You don’t want to stay and turn KISS into PISS.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              The thing is you always want to quit when you are still considered good. You don’t want to stay and turn KISS into PISS.
                              Which they might be a bit late for, mostly due to Stanley's declining voice.

I mean, honestly, the show I saw last year...yeah, ideally Criss and Frehley I would have liked to have seen onstage. The reality is that Criss can't physically get through a full set and Frehley isn't in great physical shape, either. Thayer and Singer performed ably.

Stanley's voice was pretty shot.

I dunno if their market value is declining, but the venue they were playing in, the price for tickets is usually double what KISS were charging. The concert was fairly well-attended, but far from packed to the rafters.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• silverfish
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Mar 2007

Kiss to Release Rare 1984 Mark St. John Show as Next Live Album

"Kiss is set to release the only known soundboard recording from their brief time with guitarist
                                Mark St. John. Kiss – Off The Soundboard: Poughkeepsie, New York, 1984, the fifth entry in the
                                band's career-spanning live-album series, will arrive on April 7."

"According to Kiss Concert History Online, St. John played part of the band's Nov. 27, 1984, show
                                in Baltimore, and then the entire Nov. 28 Poughkeepsie and Nov. 29 Binghamton shows before being
                                dismissed from the group. Bruce Kulick, who had been filling in for St. John since the tour began
                                in September, was hired as the band's fourth lead guitarist and remained in that position for
                                more than a decade."

Full story at:
                                Kiss will release a 1984 live album featuring a rare appearance by guitarist Mark St. John in April 2023.

Comment

Working...