DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

United 93 Actor Denied US entry for Moive Premiere

Actor in 9/11 film denied entry to US

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:51am ET

LONDON (Reuters) - An Iraqi actor who plays a hijacker in a new film about the September 11 attacks on the United States has been denied entry into the country for the movie's premiere, he told a newspaper on Friday.

Lewis Alsamari, who has lived in Britain since 1995, stars in "United 93", which premieres at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York next week.

Directed by Briton Paul Greengrass, the film about the hijacked plane that crashed in Pennsylvania has sparked debate about whether Americans are ready to see an on-screen portrayal of the events.

Alsamari, 30, said he may have been denied entry by the U.S. embassy in London because he served in the Iraqi army in the early 1990s.

"I think this was because I am still an Iraqi citizen and fought in the army -- but that was only because I was forced to," he told London's Evening Standard newspaper.

"It would be so disappointing not to be able to go because I still have not seen the film. I have only seen footage and it would have been amazing to be in New York for the premiere."

A spokeswoman for the U.S. embassy in London said she was aware of the case, but did not have any immediate comment on the status of Alsamari's application to travel to New York.

Alsamari added: "I hope I am not going to have to wait until the film comes out in Britain to watch United 93. It seems strange that I cannot go over for the premiere."

He said he escaped from the Iraqi army in 1993 and stayed in neighboring Jordan until 1995, when he moved to Britain seeking asylum. According to the Standard, he was granted asylum in Britain in 1998.

In February, actors starring in Michael Winterbottom's politically charged "The Road to Guantanamo" were held by British police under anti-terrorism legislation on their return from Berlin where the film premiered.

One of them said a police officer abused him verbally at Luton airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Banned
    Easy day was yesterday.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, what the fuck is your problem?

You started busting my balls since I first came to this forum, and you won't let it go.

Is this some kind of mancrush? Are you testing to water to see if I'm interested, or something? I'm not.

What do I have to say to get you to fuck off and ignore me? Tell me what I can say to make you happy and forget about me, loser.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Leave please, post something to do with the thread.

Back to the topic at hand.

Fuck If he's going to be in a BCE film staring as a terrorist he should be aloud to see the damn thing before getting sent to Gitmo.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Blackflag
    TROLL SHIT REMOVED.

What does this have to do with the thread?

Is this thread about you in any way, shape, or form?

Listen up attention whore. Quit hijacking threads in my forum or I'll make it impossible for you to even post in The Front Line.

Comment on the thread subject matter, if you can, or STFU.

You've been warned.

Banned
    Easy day was yesterday.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So you continue to snipe at me in different threads, but when I do the same to you – you cry? You start shit with somebody, then when they give it in return, you pout like a child.

Let me explain your life to you, Kip: You have no education, no distinguishing experience in anything, and you’ve accomplished nothing of substance in your life. Now you’re in your 40’s, and this is dawning on you and you’re feeling like a useless piece of shit. But instead of actually doing something with your life, and changing your ways (that would take some effort), you’ve devoted your days to posting on the internet and trying so very hard to impress total strangers and have some authority in a life that has none. All the hours you spend here will be the crowning achievement in your bland, pointless life.

Back in the real world, where most of us spend the majority of our days, you wouldn’t even be qualified to sit in an interview with me. For your intellectual prowess, people would pay approximately $5.75, plus discounted lunches.

But if it will help you sleep at night, I’ll tell you what you want to hear: you’re the man, Winger! You’re the shit! You’re the king of the internet message board. Most intelligent person I have ever met. Your posting of published news stories materially contributes to society.

Now will you fucking leave me alone?? Just don’t respond to anything I say in other threads, and we won’t have a problem, you brainless worm. Agreed?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What kind of interviews do law office gophers do?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So you continue blah, blah, blah......

Jesus, another fucking Dr. Phil diatribe?

Your cycle is longer than most, eh?

I love how you constantly need to let us know how YOU "spend most of your day elsewhere", even though most times I log on....there you are......on your Boss' dime no less.

We've all told you time and again STOP HIJACKING THREADS IN HERE.

You want to jack off while slinging "here's a quarter, buy a clue" insults....go to NON or The Sheep pen. This Forum isnt about you.

Besides, you have said this is all so beneath you anyway.

This thread had NOTHING to do with you. But your attention whore gene wouldn't let you avoid it.....

I'm sorry if I hurt your little feelings in your lame "lets take a bus trip to Cabo" thread..

Don't want to comment on any Frontline Threads? Then stay out.

Got something to say ON TOPIC, then by all means, if the boss isnt looking, post away......

But don't hate me because I don't answer to anyone but myself. I earned that right.

Work another 20 years, you may get there.

Or maybe not.....

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Back in the real world, where most of us spend the majority of our days, you wouldn’t even be qualified to sit in an interview with me. For your intellectual prowess, people would pay approximately $5.75, plus discounted lunches.

I'd love to compare portfolios anyday, Gump.

The only interviews I've done in the last 20 years have had nothing to do with pissant cubicle dwellers such as yourself.

Sucks to be you.

Thread Information