Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Loving Cup.....of coffee? What a beautiful caffeine buzz.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mushroom
      Commando
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD

loudersound.com
      The Rolling Stones play it cool with their Start Me Up iced coffee kit - just in time for summer
      Scott Munro

The Rolling Stones have teamed up with coffee-maker Keurig to release a limited edition Start Me Up iced coffee kit.

Along with the K-Iced coffee machine, the rock’n’roll icons have also put their name to a medium roast coffee blend and tumbler, complete with the band’s famous Hot Lips logo. And as if that wasn’t enough to drink in, the Stones and Keurig have also devised a curated Spotify playlist featuring artists including Led Zeppelin, Curtis Mayfield, Bob Marley and, of course, the Rolling Stones themselves.

The Rolling Stones tell uDiscoverMusic: “We’re thrilled to be branching into the iced coffee space with Keurig. We’ve collaborated to bring this limited-edition product to life and give fans a new way to fuel their day.”

Becky Opdyke, senior vice president of coffee marketing at Keurig Dr. Pepper, adds: “The Rolling Stones is a household name and widely considered as one of the most definitive bands in history. As their first-ever coffee collaboration, we’re excited to bring their lively spirit to life through our limited edition Start Me Up iced coffee kit.

“Whether you’re a routine iced coffee drinker, a long-time Rolling Stones fan, or want to simply amplify your coffee drinking habits, we invite consumers to infuse a little rock and roll energy into their iced coffee experience.”

You can buy the Start Me Up kit, coffee and tumbler direct from the Keurig website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The preceding article was presented as information only, and is NOT a FORD endorsement of the product. I've never been remotely interested in a Keurig machine, and putting a Stones Tongue logo on one isn't going to change that. I guess they need to get into the coffee game, now that they have given up all the other substances??

Lame. I blame this on Becky Opdyke, senior vice president of coffee marketing at Keurig Dr. Pepper. Reminds me of the Jimmy Buffet margarita mixer, but I correlate margaritas with Jimmy Buffoon. I don't correlate coffee with the Stones.

I'm guessing this is an idea that Keurig presented to the Stones. I have a hard time believing the Stones approached Keurig pitching the idea. But what do I know? Nothing.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Sammy Hagar level marketing. Hey Mick is old and he no longer has sensible Charlie Watts to say no. Both Mick and Charlie managed The Rolling Stones.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Start Me Up! Amphetamines. Included is a free crack pipe and cocaine straw.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Available from a Dr. Feelgood near you.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
              Lame. I blame this on Becky Opdyke, senior vice president of coffee marketing at Keurig Dr. Pepper. Reminds me of the Jimmy Buffet margarita mixer, but I correlate margaritas with Jimmy Buffoon. I don't correlate coffee with the Stones.

I'm guessing this is an idea that Keurig presented to the Stones. I have a hard time believing the Stones approached Keurig pitching the idea. But what do I know? Nothing.
              Keurig is most likely owned by Koch Industries and no question Mick and Keith are quasi-fascist capitalists. You know who else works for Koch Industries. That's right slave FORD

Co-winkie-dink? I think not.

Comment

• silverfish
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2007

On the other hand, maybe more & more acts are thinking "Hmmm. Maybe that Gene Simmons is on to something..."
                Originally posted by sadaist
                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                  On the other hand, maybe more & more acts are thinking "Hmmm. Maybe that Gene Simmons is on to something..."
                  There’s no money in recorded music. It’s live shows and whatever else you can sell. Gene was just ahead of the trend 45 years.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And on that note, who knows how many live shows the Stones have left in them?

The last three tours..... first one was delayed by Mick's heart surgery. Second was postponed by COVID... eventually resumed with a substitute drummer, who was supposed to be temporary, but sadly ended up not being the case. Supposed to tour this year, but Mick had a foot injury (apparently) that would have delayed the tour, and then they were faced with trying to compete with the NFL for open stadium dates in the Fall... which isn't really a good option when you're entire band is in their late 70s and need a night or two off between gigs these days.

Realistically, I think the days of Stones world tours are over, and that would be the case even if Charlie were still with them. They might play a show here and there if they can... headline some of those festival shows maybe, but it's not likely that they're going to make long range plans for a huge tour a year from now.

So... sell harmonicas & coffee makers? Why the fuck not? Though I would rather get some more vault releases of actual music.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Exactly. A band is a brand. You still can sell Stones shit when your body is too worn out to tour. I mean people are begging Alex to sell them some VH shit. The fans want it. Please Alex, take our money!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

How much money is enough though?

I just don't get it but as I said earlier maybe you need to be fucking weird and mental to get into the position in the first place.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Realistically, I think the days of Stones world tours are over, and that would be the case even if Charlie were still with them.
                          I always heard that Charlie didn't like touring, but Shirley would encourage him to get out of the house.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• silverfish
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2007

Bill Wyman Reportedly Rejoins The Rolling Stones To Commemorate Charlie Watts
                            Originally posted by sadaist
                            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A pedo tribute?

Are they going to get Gary Glitter in to do backing vocals...

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Coming June 15th. I would rather have Vans than Sketchers

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...