Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

And that's why I built the baddest motherfucking dune buggy on the planet!

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Here is what my avatar pic looks like bigger than the avatar.

Comment

• ffoner
        Full On Cocktard
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
        One of the members of -The RA- is a South American lady (Katina) she has a pic of her legs or knees or a foot or something ..lol..( kinda hot pic)..and she is pov across the book legs behind the book, and out to a blue sky, while she lazy's on a beach and the CFTH book is, soft cover ...I didn't know it came out in soft cover, I would have bought two.

I proudly display the book on my shelf with my "book collection" as you can tell from my typing skills I have a shelf with 7 books on it..lol.

As you may know from lurking here some of members here are very knowlegable about CVH..I... not so much, more of a super fan with a bad memory.

Saw the first tour summer of 78 both dates in K.C. Hooked from then on.

The "KC Star" newspaper archives, may have some good research material for you.
        Thanks for the info about the softcover. I don't ever recall seeing a paperback version of CFTH.

I've combed the newspapers pretty closely. Lots of cool stuff!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
          I live and breathe this band. This band has meant more to my life than they will ever know. My family thinks I am certifiable. I don't give a fuck. I could have much worse addictions. Van Halen is a passion for me.
          No truer words. I think I need this quote on a T-shirt or something.

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            No truer words. I think I need this quote on a T-shirt or something.
            Pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ffoner
              Thanks for the info about the softcover. I don't ever recall seeing a paperback version of CFTH.

Dude, I appreciate what you are doing. I appreciate your passion and dedication to this band.

This is why I love this site. OUR site. The fans of the only version of Van Halen that matters. The one quarterbacked by Diamond David Lee Roth.

People like ffoner makes all the retarded in fighting and bullshit we put up with on a daily basis, worth it. The few of you that want to fuck around, and try to rain on our parade, it will NEVER happen. You will NEVER dampen my passion for Van Halen.

We may have gotten a little side tracked recently, but make no mistake about it. We are the DLR ARMY! We are the biggest baddest loudest motherfucking fan site on the internet. I will put our history, dedication and knowledge up against anyone out there.

NOBODY RULES THESE STREETS AT NIGHT, BUT US, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Again ffoner. Thanks!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

You can find paperback editions of CFTH on Amazon and ebay for about $10

Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ffoner
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  Dude, I appreciate what you are doing. I appreciate your passion and dedication to this band.

This is why I love this site. OUR site. The fans of the only version of Van Halen that matters. The one quarterbacked by Diamond David Lee Roth.

People like ffoner makes all the retarded in fighting and bullshit we put up with on a daily basis, worth it. The few of you that want to fuck around, and try to rain on our parade, it will NEVER happen. You will NEVER dampen my passion for Van Halen.

We may have gotten a little side tracked recently, but make no mistake about it. We are the DLR ARMY! We are the biggest baddest loudest motherfucking fan site on the internet. I will put our history, dedication and knowledge up against anyone out there.

NOBODY RULES THESE STREETS AT NIGHT, BUT US, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Again ffoner. Thanks!
                  Von,

You're welcome and thanks for your killer pix. I saw them at the Meadowlands on 4-2-84 and it changed my life....

Comment

• ffoner
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    You can find paperback editions of CFTH on Amazon and ebay for about $10

Good to know. My hardback's falling apart.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I saw them at the Meadowlands on 4-2-84 and it changed my life....
                      Isn't that something?

Do you think these guys REALLY understand how many lives they have literally changed?

Hey today's rappers are changing lives too. They are KILLING them, and each other! How many of those rap fucks will have sites dedicated to them 35 years from now? ZERO!

Van Halen will still be played over the speaker systems at major events 35 years from now!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Good to know. My hardback's falling apart.
                        Have you checked out Could This Be Magic: Van Halen Before 1978 by Elizabeth Wiley? That's got some interesting tales and pics. Also at Amazon.

Comment

• ffoner
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          Have you checked out Could This Be Magic: Van Halen Before 1978 by Elizabeth Wiley? That's got some interesting tales and pics. Also at Amazon.
                          Yes, great book!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

About the amp head sitting on the 4 x 12 in that photo of VH from 1975, it is not a guitar amp. It is apparently a Shure Vocal Master PA head.

Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-10-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Von....you may not believe this but you are the reason I signed up here back in about 2001 or so.

Heavy died that year (or thereabouts), and for some reason I was doing a web search on him.

I found a post here at Roth Army where you were talking about him, and after looking around the forums, I realized I had found a new home on the internet.

Heavy was a great friend. Lotsa great stories to tell. I had some fun adventures with him.

Did you see the Black Sabbath concert at Henry Levitt Arena in November of 1980 on the Heaven & Hell tour? Heavy was there that night. That was the night when some idiot had booked the new wave band "The Clocks" to open for them, and they had so much change thrown at them by the crowd that Heavy said he and the other local crew guys each had 50 bucks in change easy....the stage was ankle deep in trash and change, lol.

Wow....I just did a web search....seems he died in February of 1999. I found this online memorial to him:

Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-10-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• mug
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2005

The bands name was screams. They were booed off also chants of van halen during there show did not help.Rail was another opener that got booed off.

Comment

Working...