Do you believe this story about Eddie Van Halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Yeah... the difference isn't only the brand name. They use different chemical combinations internally and each variation has a very different performance as far as the amount of amp load the battery can sustain over time and perform.

My experience with electronic cigarettes has taught me that all batteries even though they may be the same size, shape and voltage ratings... they can vary in chemical composition (ICR, IMR & Hybrids) and amperage draw... for example 18650 rechargeable Li-On's can vary from a 4 amp load max up to a 30 amp load. Important to know... if you push them beyond their operating limits... the chemicals become unstable and the damn things can explode...
    Too many words and too sciencey. Battery go in item, battery work til battery die, new battery go in. Yay.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

My experience with electronic cigarettes has taught me that all batteries even though they may be the same size, shape and voltage ratings.
      Careful with those e-cigs. Studies are showing they aren't any safer than real cigarettes and some of that shit has formaldehyde in it, not to mention you get to be the fag "smoking" an e-cig.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
        Well yeah, a fresh outta the package battery vs. a nearly dead battery...but say, Energizer vs Duracell?
        It's a myth...

Much like Global Warming® and Indian scalps...

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
          Careful with those e-cigs. Studies are showing they aren't any safer than real cigarettes and some of that shit has formaldehyde in it, not to mention you get to be the fag "smoking" an e-cig.
          If you are going to mention "studies"... please take the time to go read some the legitimate, peer reviewed scientific studies that have been conducted in the last year or so.

One completed a few months ago analyzing the chemical content of e-juice vapor found formaldehyde levels 750 times less than that found in cigarette smoke. The levels detected were below the average found in ambient air samples in any city in the US. So breathing air is more hazardous than e-cigarette vapor.

If you are interested the link below contains a fairly comprehensive list of links to legitimate articles and scientific studies on the subject...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

If you are going to mention "studies"... please take the time to go read some the legitimate, peer reviewed scientific studies that have been conducted in the last year or so.

One completed a few months ago analyzing the chemical content of e-juice vapor found formaldehyde levels 750 times less than that found in cigarette smoke. The levels detected were below the average found in ambient air samples in any city in the US. So breathing air is more hazardous than e-cigarette vapor.

If you are interested the link below contains a fairly comprehensive list of links to legitimate articles and scientific studies on the subject...

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journ...cigarettes.htm
            I really don't care enough about it to search out a ton of articles, I don't smoke or "vape". You can smoke a pole for all I care gramps, was just telling you to be careful you old fart.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Are those like the bullshit "peer reviewed" scientific articles proving the safety and effectiveness of Statin drugs, and the like ??

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                It's a myth...

Much like Global Warming® and Indian scalps...
                It's fun being lectured by a dude who believes in invisible space fairies and magic water filters.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I love God, His only begotten Son Jesus and my water filter...

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I call BS. Even the Eric Johnson thing's more believable...
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      No, Greek.
                      There's no Greek word for no...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I really don't care enough about it to search out a ton of articles, I don't smoke or "vape". You can smoke a pole for all I care gramps, was just telling you to be careful you old fart.
                        No worries... I've done my research and homework. Approaching 2 years smoke free in a month and half... Can't reverse aging but have significantly improved my health!!

BTW... Edward also uses e-cigarettes.

Last edited by ZahZoo; 12-10-2014, 11:37 AM.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Me neither but I would be really suprised if the e cigarettes are not less harmful than conventional ones.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

BTW... Edward also uses e-cigarettes.

I'm sure not seeing the connection to improved health...

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

BTW, do you think his little rat dog is in that fag bag ??

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                BTW, do you think his little rat dog is in that fag bag ??
                                Nah, that dude he's with is probably carrying it.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...