Biden says "Everybody must NOT get stoned". (And fires them if they have)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Biden says "Everybody must NOT get stoned". (And fires them if they have)

Guess that kills my chances of a cabinet appointment
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Harris has admitted to using. Is she the next one out?
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

If you work at the White House you have to have security clearances. Getting a high security clearance can be quite invasive. Pot smoking would disqualify you for quite a few government jobs. It’s a huge entrenched bureaucracy and people pull all kinds of shit. Joe doesn’t know what’s going on anyways. Someone else is running the show.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            Anything is possible these days. One thing for sure, nobody likes her. She was just better than Orange Man but now that’s a non-issue. Once the election is over the administration at the helm is the one to blame for all the problems. High oil prices are not going to help win a popularity contest.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Pot smoking would disqualify you for quite a few government jobs.
              It'll disqualify one from working for my employer. A couple people have been let go recently after random tests.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

She can't be fired... it's an elected position and impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate is the only way to remove the VP from office.

Y'all should know the drill by now... not gonna happen with the current majorities in Congress.

She'll be POTUS in less than a year or so...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  If you work at the White House you have to have security clearances. Getting a high security clearance can be quite invasive. Pot smoking would disqualify you for quite a few government jobs. It’s a huge entrenched bureaucracy and people pull all kinds of shit. Joe doesn’t know what’s going on anyways. Someone else is running the show.
                  I'm under the impression that that has changed a lot. At one time admitting smoking or possessing pot pretty much eliminated you for a job at places like the FBI. But they found that recruiting good people was a problem and that local pot laws were liberalizing things anyways so now I doubt they care much if you smoked pot. I have no idea if the military still tests for it...I almost think it's more likely they might think you are weird if you have never done it...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It'll disqualify one from working for my employer. A couple people have been let go recently after random tests.
                    It's ironic that probably one of the least harmful drugs stays in your system the longest...

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      It's ironic that probably one of the least harmful drugs stays in your system the longest...
                      I know.

I don't necessarily agree with my employer's policy and it doesn't affect me anyways.

We didn't start testing for opioids until last year. I had no idea we didn't.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't smoke pot either as I can't. I just cough for days if I do. But someone drunk or on pills is a far bigger safety issue I think...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I'm under the impression that that has changed a lot. At one time admitting smoking or possessing pot pretty much eliminated you for a job at places like the FBI. But they found that recruiting good people was a problem and that local pot laws were liberalizing things anyways so now I doubt they care much if you smoked pot. I have no idea if the military still tests for it...I almost think it's more likely they might think you are weird if you have never done it...
                          Who knows. Most the staff would get their clearance through the FBI. Anything above a top secret clearance involves another agency and they go through your life with a fine toothed comb. It’s not a fun process.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I don't smoke pot either as I can't. I just cough for days if I do. But someone drunk or on pills is a far bigger safety issue I think...
                            Talk to anyone who works in an emergency room about what drugs are worse. They will probably say they have the most problems with alcohol and have the least with pot. But like I said we are dealing with a big complicated government and just because something makes sense logically doesn’t mean that’s the protocol. Sure the cultural view on pot smoking has relaxed over the years but the government protocols in a bunch of agencies has to change. That can be a very slow process.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's mostly about liability and business insurance... because weed is still a federal schedule I controlled substance, insurance companies won't cover businesses for any losses, damages, injuries, etc. if the parties involved can be proved to have been under the influence of a controlled substance.

Same deal with banking and legal weed businesses... they won't touch them because it makes the bank a co-conspirator under money laundering laws if they were to handle business banking for a legal dispensary or grower.

Yes, it's all pretty stupid given the variance in what's happening across the nation.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...