• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Igosplut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    Best Stones cover, EVER!
    I haveta say, I wholeheartedly agree that this is the best stones cover. It was done in their own vision.......
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's a fan remix of Dance (parts 1 & 2). Not a bad job of editing.... the Stones should have thought of this themselves back in the days when 12" singles were the trend.........

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hyde Park show hits Blu-Ray and DVD on November 11th

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A new Stones DVD, right in time for Xmas. Who the Hell could have seen that coming?

What sucks though, is that the DVD is not the whole show. Compare the track listings with the CD, and it's obvious enough.
              Last edited by FORD; 09-05-2013, 04:09 PM.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Meanwhile, here's a short set from a 1971 tv show that I haven't posted in a while.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by FORD
                  A new Stones DVD, right in time for Xmas. Who the Hell could have seen that coming? .
                  A Stones DVD release is starting to be as synonymous with Christmas as Santa Claus.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Lisa Fischer (Stones backup vocalist) is touring with Nine Inch Nails...has Reznor gone soft?
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well.. there you have it.... Live DVD release upcoming, and the touring band are looking for other gigs. Guess that means the 50th Anniversary tour is officially over.

But does that mean The Stones themselves are over?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Rock Hall is putting on a Stones tribute show, as part of their Music Masters (formerly known as American Music Masters) series, and Fischer was part of it. Then a few days later there was a release that mentioned she had other commitments. An article in the Plain Dealer quoted someone from the HOF that said the Stones themselves wouldn't be there due to "being on their 50th anniversary tour." Bobby Keys will be at the tribute show, though. I am thinking of going, already going to see Jeff Beck the next night...maybe he'll show up at this too.

Annual Music Masters Concert Honoring the Music of the Rolling Stones

Grammy Award-winning drummer Steve Jordan will lead the house band as musical director. Jordan has assembled a group of critically-acclaimed musicians, including Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Ian McLagan, Bernard Fowler, Bobby Keys, Trevor Lawrence, Steve Madaio, Waddy Wachtel and Willie Weeks to perform. Joining the tribute concert lineup are Merry Clayton and Sarah Dash.

Bernard Fowler, vocals

Like Fisher, Bernard Fowler has performed with the Rolling Stones on every tour since 1989. He has also been a featured guest vocalist on many solo albums released by the members of the band, including Mick Jagger’s first solo album, She’s The Boss.

Steve Jordan, drums

Steve Jordan, leading sideman, session player, acclaimed composer, musical director and drummer, has worked alongside Eric Clapton, Aretha Franklin, Beyoncé, Bruno Mars and many others. He appeared on the Rolling Stones album Dirty Work and is a member of Keith Richards’ band the X-Pensive Winos.

Bobby Keys, saxophone

Top touring and session sax man for Elvis Presley, Joe Cocker, B.B. King and others, Bobby Keys has been recording and touring with the Rolling Stones since 1970, appearing on Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile On Main St., Goats Head Soup, Emotional Rescue and several live albums.

Trevor Lawrence, saxophone

Saxophonist and producer Trevor Lawrence performed with the Rolling Stones in 1973 and 1975. He has recorded with many legends over the course of his career, including Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Bonnie Raitt, and B.B. King.

Steve Madaio, trumpet

Most frequently heard performing with Stevie Wonder, trumpeter Steve Madaio was featured on the Rolling Stones' 1973 European tour. Madaio's skills have been showcased on stage or in the studio alongside Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees John Lennon, Etta James, James Taylor, B.B. Kingand Donna Summer among countless others.

Ian McLagan, keyboards

Ian McLagan is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee as a member of the Small Faces/Faces. He has worked with a wide range of legendary artists and has performed with his Bump Band since 1979. McLagan played on the Rolling Stone’s Some Girls album and toured with the group in 1978, 1981 and 1982.

Waddy Wachtel, guitar

Guitarist and composer Robert “Waddy” Wachtel has recorded or performed with dozens of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees including Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Carole King, Stevie Nicks, James Taylor, Iggy Pop, and Jackson Browne. He is a member of Keith Richards’ band the X-Pensive Winos and played on the Rolling Stones’ Bridges To Babylon album.

Willie Weeks, bass

In-demand session bass guitarist Willie Weeks has recorded and toured with Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees such as Eric Clapton and George Harrison among many others. He played bass on “It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll (But I Like It)” by the Rolling Stones.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            But does that mean The Stones themselves are over?
                            Haven't they been for some time? Not being a smart ass but I'd much rather see Keith and the X-Pensive Winos than this rendition anymore. I don't need to see or even hear Mick live again. The last few times ruined what was back in 78...then again in 81...seeing them on a warmup for the Voodoo Lounge with 2000 people in Michigan...who could ever forget that experience.

Some would say the band ended with Brian. Personally, I thought he wasn't really contributing much to the band...just going for a ride at the end. Others would say when they burned out the bright light that was Mick Taylor. Kinda hard to argue when you look at the body of work his hand was on with them. I've heard a few say when Bill Wyman left they shudda hung it up too. All I know is after "Tattoo You" their albums become a collection of really good songs wedged in with a bunch of crap. Yeah crap. Their last one wasn't even worth listening to twice it was that damned bad to me. The last really good song I can recall them putting down was "Saint of Me" and that was YEARS...ago.

Oh well. I love the Rolling Stones and the body of work. I just don't need to see them live ever again. I'll listen to the boots and occasionally watch the shows.
                            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                              Their last one wasn't even worth listening to twice it was that damned bad to me. The last really good song I can recall them putting down was "Saint of Me" and that was YEARS...ago
                              Go figure - I hated that fuckin St. Of Me tune (and Bridges album - minus Keef's brilliant contributions). I thought Doom & Gloom was pretty damn good - at least it was better than 90% of the shat out there now. I do agree that I have no desire to shuck out $150 to see these old codgers again. Seeing them upstaged by Buddy Guy on the Bigger Bang tour ended all illusions for me.
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

A Devil always appreciates Mick at his blasphemous best, but to me, Bridges to Babylon was to Voodoo Lounge as Emotional Rescue was to Some Girls or Goats Head Soup was to Exile..... pretty much "songs that were left over from the last record".

Not a bad album really, just not as good by comparison....or even by design, since the stronger songs had already been used.
                                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...