X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
    Except that's not a Comanche that's a full size J truck, J10 or J20. And I have one of those, too! '87 J20. My brother has a '79 J10 short bed. Both with AMC 360s. Comanche was based on the XJ Cherokee, unibody with a short frame under the bed.

I wheel my Gladiator. I drive my 300 Hemi C to the mall. Before I broke the fender...

I have to admit as a "liberal" who drives fuel efficient cars (well, soon not really) seeing a classic J10/20 in good shape makes my balls tense up and while it was full size, today it's probably about the size of a newer Ranger or Colorado...

Sell me yours!!!!

As far as the Bronco, Ford seems to have a severe quality control issue going on, quality is "problem 1":

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-22-2022, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Mine needs work, again. Cab coming apart and the bed isn't in good shape. In early spring I was close to making a decision on what project to take on and got sidetracked. Should be all clear now, still trying to decide though.

I've had so many offers on that truck. My nephew will end up with it. '87 was the last year for J trucks, a little more rare than my SRT-6 but more people stop to talk about the truck than the SRT.

It wasn't full size back then, either. My dad said a comparable Chevy or Ford could fit four across on a bench seat in a pinch, that wasn't happening in the J trucks or Grand Wagoneers. I have a tonneau cover from a first gen Dakota on mine, the bed dimensions are within an inch of each other but the Jeep trucks look so much bigger.

Ford couldn't afford to fuck up the Bronco launch and they did. Issues with the hard tops delaminating, continuing EcoBoost problems, weak front end parts...if they're trying to match the perceived lack of Chrysler/FCA/Stellantis quality, they're doing a good job. I've been back and forth to Toledo a couple times a week for the last six months and I see way more Wranglers and Gladiators in transport than I do Broncos.

My uncle and cousin restored a few early Broncos. Last summer my cousin bought a 392 Wrangler. I asked him if he would have gotten a Bronco if they put a V8 in it and he said he would have. Don't think I'm not thinking about one of those, too...
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        All the smoke from the Lucas electrics going into the atmosphere...
        As a former Land Rover and Jaguar owner this cracked me up!
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          As far as the Bronco, Ford seems to have a severe quality control issue going on, quality is "problem 1":
          *Yawn*

When America can build a car worth a shit let me know

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            Though at least it's a more authentic update of the original 70's Bronco design than the oversized behemoth version of the 1980s.

I could actually see myself driving one of these... but not that goddamned ugly mustard yellow color....
            Looks like a Matchbox replica of a Hot Wheels replica of a Matchbox replica of a car. That piece of shit looks more disposable than a Republican politician. It's like the hipster short bus for yuppie retards.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

HOLY FUCK!

That's Johnny Liberman.

I know him. I actually know him. He's a fucking asshole.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                *Yawn*

When America can build a car worth a shit let me know
                We did build some cars. But we don't build cars much at all! It's all SUV crap now. I'm thinkin' Lincoln now but you won't even be able to buy their new sedan in the US...

Comment

Working...