• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hummarstra
    Pause it at 1:52 to see it

But, why would Dave spell it backwards when spelling it forwards would have been just as cryptic? Makes no sense. .
    he was wearing mirror shades, dude.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Hey, the dude in the foreground of the Rod Stewart photo is Carmine Appice....
      Exactly! Appice played on the whole "Blondes have more fun" album..

I would never have recognized the blonde Stewart had hired in 1978 or '79 in the HFT video.

Hot stuff for teacher!
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

But, why would Dave spell it backwards when spelling it forwards would have been just as cryptic? Makes no sense. .

Yeah I was wondering that, too ---- writing it backwards doesn't make it any more cryptic.

It was a brave move by whoever wrote the numbers ---- somebody at MTV censorship committee could've realized the numbers spelled out dirty words and the "Hot for Teacher" video would not be shown. Gut feeling tells me it was Dave getting his revenge at MTV for banning the "Pretty Woman" video.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Pause it at 1:52 to see it

It makes sense because this was the era of backward messages on albums.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            Exactly! Appice played on the whole "Blondes have more fun" album..

I would never have recognized the blonde Stewart had hired in 1978 or '79 in the HFT video.

Hot stuff for teacher!
            Rod Stewart nicknamed him The Dentist because he did too many fill-ins.

It's a joke that doesn't really work which is probably why it stuck in my mind.

Comment

• private parts
              Sniper
              • Jan 2007

Another little known secret from the HFT video is that Waldo is Sammy's bastard child!
              sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Rod Stewart nicknamed him The Dentist because he did too many fill-ins.

It's a joke that doesn't really work which is probably why it stuck in my mind.
                It actually works, doesn't it? It even works in Frog. Great drummer by the way, Vanilla Fudge, BBA...

I dig his over-fill-ins!
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

The HFT vid...

Who best met with the final fates they were all attributed?

Al as a gynecologist? Ed as a mental case? Dave as the American TV host? Mike Anthony as a sumo (more likely)?

What has become of Waldo?

At least we got news from the damn hot dancing teacher.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                    Still one of the coolest videos ever made.
                    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                      The HFT vid...

Who best met with the final fates they were all attributed?

Al as a gynecologist? Ed as a mental case? Dave as the American TV host? Mike Anthony as a sumo (more likely)?

It was looking pretty accurate about 5 or 6 years ago, I remember thinking about it as a thread idea.

Ed was acting like a lunatic, Dave was a Radio host, Mike was hanging about with Sammy like a couple of mini sumo's and Alex was being a cunt...

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

I bet the Mayans were waiting for that code to be cracked before the 2012 end times can begin...
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It was looking pretty accurate about 5 or 6 years ago, I remember thinking about it as a thread idea.

Ed was acting like a lunatic, Dave was a Radio host, Mike was hanging about with Sammy like a couple of mini sumo's and Alex was being a cunt...

And kick ass rock music was Waldo ---- disappeared after graduation and no one heard from him since

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
                            Upon watching the video...I noticed an "Almost, Holy Shit"...as in...off by just one number...

The number of the school bus that Dave picks Waldo up in is number 2711...

If it had been 2712 it would have forecast the exact release date of A Different Kind of Truth...2-7-12...

If that were the case ya could have referred to Dave from this point on as...Nostrarothus...
                            It would have been that date in Australia when it was released in NA.
                            I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• mumpy73
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jun 2012

Hot for Teacher . . . . my #1 music video of all time. It hits all the spots . . . .
                              What a fight to get it right, For a minute of delight . . .

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Another factoid is that in the video for "Right Now," there is a placard Sammy Hagar has showing the number "88" which is code for "Heil Hitler" as 8 represents the letter h and this is well known in Neonazi circles and the "88" was also a famed, overrated German gun from WWII...

(and yes, I'm completely full of shit on this... )

Comment

Working...