X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      Fucking turkeys voting for Xmas, try and read and learn and think FFS.

This is NOT a left/right democrat/republican issue. This is owners of multinationals v everyone else.

Unless you own a multinational corporation which I suspect you don't then you are being totally fucking stitched up.

I'll probably now be moving this site away from the US but for Americans, whether you can find it or not will depend on whether your government and internet providers let you.
      So, the membership will then be reduced to you and...Cato?
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Fucking turkeys voting for Xmas, try and read and learn and think FFS.

This is NOT a left/right democrat/republican issue. This is owners of multinationals v everyone else.

Unless you own a multinational corporation which I suspect you don't then you are being totally fucking stitched up.

I'll probably now be moving this site away from the US but for Americans, whether you can find it or not will depend on whether your government and internet providers let you.
        sesh, if glaad and atsandraFlUCKe and BSanders are predicting the end of times, it's a left right issue. Not to mention the previous idiot wheeler had a gag order on the FCC rules. and google was in wheelers pocket.

customers don't like metered connections. so the ISP's are looking to extort cash from the content providers.

the way to view this whole issue is that neutrality is just like every other democratic and repub regulation: it's a solution in search of a problem.

getting rid of the leftist idea that the internet is some sort of public utility subject to government regulation is a good idea.
        A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
          So, the membership will then be reduced to you and...Cato?

Mainly me, Cato hasn't posted much recently.

I'm kind of ranting here, this site is a basket case because the artist not active and social media has replaced forums.

The issue with this horrible decision is more about new people finding the site,

In a couple of years someone like Kristy may not even know we exist because a corporation has changed their setup. Maybe they will block the site because of rich evangelicals objecting to a pic of a naked woman?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksmar View Post
            sesh, if glaad and atsandraFlUCKe and BSanders are predicting the end of times, it's a left right issue. Not to mention the previous idiot wheeler had a gag order on the FCC rules. and google was in wheelers pocket.

customers don't like metered connections. so the ISP's are looking to extort cash from the content providers.

the way to view this whole issue is that neutrality is just like every other democratic and repub regulation: it's a solution in search of a problem.

getting rid of the leftist idea that the internet is some sort of public utility subject to government regulation is a good idea.
            If Obama told you not to kill yourself would you shoot your fucking head off?

This is ridiculous.

Think for yourself, politics is NOT sports. Don't support a team, think for yourself about what is good for you. Fuck politicians.

Comment

Maybe this will make it easier for Jerksmear to understand.....

Of course the part that the lady forgot to mention is that a "bar" owned by Comcast or Verizon is likely to only have swill like Bud Lite or Coors on tap, as soon as they can get away with it.... and that's after they make sure you can't even buy the good stuff in bottles.

Shitty internet is as intolerable as shitty beer. I have no intention of settling for either one
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by jacksmar View Post

You mean like your shitty local cable company? What to you have? COXsuckers?

My provider was Cox Cable around 10 years ago, and these douchewagons used to actually prevent connections to consumer sites that posted bad reviews of them, but hey! They could! Well, technically it was illegal, but Republican'ts were in control so no one gave a shit until they got sued...
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-14-2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Jack this is kind of what we do.

You have 3000 posts here.

I know fuck all about plumbing.

If my plumber said to me the government wants to give big water companies the ability to really really fuck you over I would listen to them.

I wouldn't ask 'What does Trump think?' because I don't like him I need to think the opposite.

Fucking irrelevant. Think for yourself FFS.
                  Last edited by Seshmeister; 12-14-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Mainly me, Cato hasn't posted much recently.

I'm kind of ranting here, this site is a basket case because the artist not active and social media has replaced forums.

The issue with this horrible decision is more about new people finding the site,

In a couple of years someone like Kristy may not even know we exist because a corporation has changed their setup. Maybe they will block the site because of rich evangelicals objecting to a pic of a naked woman?
                    I was just being flippant with the Cato remark.

I will say that I'd be hard-pressed to come up with any ideas that would draw new people to the site. The obstacle isn't so much that Roth isn't active - because the biggest period of site activity was I'd guess in 2004, and Dave wasn't exactly doing much of anything then, either - but exactly as you say in terms of social media overtaking traditional web forum-oriented sites.

The added barrier is that unless Roth is actually doing something with Van Halen, the masses don't give a shit. You'll get your (based on Roth's last two solo album sales) 50,000 Dave Or The Grave diehards. Everybody else is content with just youtubing the California Girls video.

So I don't envy your task: it's a steep uphill climb.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

If things don't improve soon I'm going to have to put up a sex tape of me being fucked by Kristy.

Comment

Jack this is kind of what we do.

You have 3000 posts here.

I know fuck all about plumbing.

If my plumber said to me the government wants to give big water companies the ability to really really fuck you over I would listen to them.

I wouldn't ask 'What does Trump think?' because I don't like him I need to think the opposite.

Fucking irrelevant. Think for yourself FFS.
                        sesh, I know exactly what you do here. So why hasn't the Roth Army moved to a Quantum FFT's provider and just placed a MAC address on the consumer item QAM, ( ie TV, modem, PC)? Is Europe still dealing with ODFM transmission issues requiring a good old fashion linear power amp on the carrier or is the FCC just missing another opportunity to look over somebody's shoulder and make sure providers charge everyone the same for no blocking, no throttling, and no paid prioritization?

BTW, I used to know one of the engineers at Richweb who worked on the bridging. So close to DC to turn down better money.

good luck with your sink...
                        Last edited by jacksmar; 12-15-2017, 04:31 AM.
                        A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

Nothing has changed yet. So the FCC voted.

It does not change anything.

Net Neutrality cancellation has to be voted on by Congress to become law.

Goddam chickens. Cackling and going apeshit when nothing has happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardrock69 View Post
                            Nothing has changed yet. So the FCC voted.

It does not change anything.

Net Neutrality cancellation has to be voted on by Congress to become law.

Goddam chickens. Cackling and going apeshit when nothing has happened yet.
                            And how many state AG's suing to stop it?
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                              And how many state AG's suing to stop it?
                              Not sure but NY is leading the charge...

Comment

I saw a list of maybe 12 states.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...
                                X