Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I think maybe you should spend some time listening to him talk/reading about his positions and how he would go about doing these things...
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Love
      He's already said that's not how he would try to go about doing it. He's said he'd do it like they did before when they moved from a fiat currency back to gold/silver the last time.
      OK...familiar with fiat money.....or are you talking about the Bretton Woods gold standard thing, if you are, what happens to the trillions in fake money we can't back up?

Fiat money is money that derives its value from government regulation or law.
      So he's for deregulations
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

I think maybe you should spend some time listening to him talk/reading about his positions and how he would go about doing these things...
        Nah, it's funnier fucking with you
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
          OK...familiar with fiat money.....or are you talking about the Bretton Woods gold standard thing, if you are, what happens to the trillions in fake money we can't back up?

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Nah, it's funnier fucking with you
            I'm happy for you to invest your time listening to my point of view and helping to drive the page count of this thread higher and higher, so by all means, carry on.

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Actually, when it comes to the Fed, I think you could say he's for more government regulation/oversight so long as it exists.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

....and padding post counts all the while!

Truth be told I'm voting for Nader 2012

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

BREAKING NEWS: GINGRICH CAMPAIGN IS FULL OF DICKBAGS

WINDERMERE, Fla.--Next time, Eddie Dillard won't wear flip-flops. Dillard, a 29-year-old Ron Paul supporter from this suburb near Orlando, arrived to vote at his precinct at Winderemere Baptist Church early Tuesday morning. Pulling into the parking lot, Dillard noticed a man outside the polling place with a Gingrich sign. He decided to run home, slip [...]

WINDERMERE, Fla.--Next time, Eddie Dillard won't wear flip-flops.

Dillard, a 29-year-old Ron Paul supporter from this suburb near Orlando, arrived to vote at his precinct at Winderemere Baptist Church early Tuesday morning. Pulling into the parking lot, Dillard noticed a man outside the polling place with a Gingrich sign. He decided to run home, slip into his "Ron Paul Rocks America" T-shirt, grab a "Ron Paul 2012" sign from his garage, and return to give his candidate some representation outside the precinct after he cast his vote.

Dillard found a quiet spot along a sidewalk lined with tiny American flags and held up his sign. Little did he know, Newt Gingrich had chosen that very spot to make his first Primary Day campaign stop.
                  When Gingrich's bus pulled up, Dillard stood silently holding his sign and watched the news-media horde swamp the candidate. Gingrich stepped down from the bus and made a beeline for Dillard. He stopped in front of Dillard and his sign and parked himself for a round of handshaking and pictures with voters. The placement couldn't have been worse. There was Gingrich, standing with his wife Callista at their first event of the day, and a giant Ron Paul sign floated inches from their crowns.

Noticing the awkward optics, Gingrich aides and security personnel swarmed Dillard, trying to intimidate him into moving. One of Gingrich's security agents stepped in front of him. When Dillard didn't budge, the agent lifted his heeled shoe over Dillard's bare foot and dug the back of it into his skin, twisting it side-to-side like he was stomping out a cigarette. Shocked, Dillard kept his ground and took a picture of the agent with his phone, which was quickly knocked out of his hand. Dillard slipped off his flip-flop to pick up the phone with his foot, and a Gingrich supporter kicked the sandal away.

"Don't kick me!" Dillard said to the man who knocked away his sandal. More members of Gingrich's security retinue approached, shoving their shoulders and chests in front of him.

"Just block him!" a Gingrich campaign aide said. "Everyone step on his toes!"

Gingrich supporters handed a "Newt 2012" yard sign up to the front to put in front of Dillard's Paul sign. The two signs, zipping back and forth inches from Gingrich's head, circled each other in the air like fighter jets in a dogfight.

When the candidate finished taking pictures with voters, furious Gingrich aides grilled Dillard.

"If we did this to you, you guys would be furious," said an aide before stomping back toward the bus. "They have no class. No class."

As Gingrich pulled away, Dillard looked down at his foot. With the adrenaline pumping, he hadn't noticed the pain, but now it was starting to sink in. A bruise was forming, and there was a cut mark where the security agent had dug in his heel.

"That was really something," Dillard said afterwards. "My heart's racing. Not what I expected to happen today."

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

I read an article today that the theory is........ Newt's switching to a kinder, teabag friendly, grassroots us against them kinda thang.

Ditching the," I'm an insider, I fucked it up, I know how to fix it", strategy that has never worked in the history of depression/recession type rhetoric.

You know, trying to obfuscate Ron Paul's platform and get his supporters

Seriously, Newt's going after Paul's votes/delegates......betcha!

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

BREAKING NEWS: GINGRICH CAMPAIGN IS FULL OF DICKBAGS

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/e...165042767.html
                      I believe that guy could press assault charges against the Gingrich supporter that did that if he was inclined to.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I read an article today that the theory is........ Newt's switching to a kinder, teabag friendly, grassroots us against them kinda thang.

Ditching the," I'm an insider, I fucked it up, I know how to fix it", strategy that has never worked in the history of depression/recession type rhetoric.

You know, trying to obfuscate Ron Paul's platform and get his supporters

Seriously, Newt's going after Paul's votes/delegates......betcha!
                        Yeah, I've noticed that ... recently talking about going back to gold, talking more about the fed ... if newt thinks he'll get Paul's supporters he's crazy ... I view Newt's actions as political opportunism, I don't think he genuinely cares about liberty like Paul does.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

God bless Ron Paul!

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

I didn't vote for Ron in my primary, but I'm glad he's in the Republican party. We need more people that talk about the Constitution, our freedoms, fiscal sanity and keeping government out of our lives as much as possible.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Comment

• Dr. Love
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Ron Paul outraises Newt Gingrich by more than $3 million

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul outraised fellow Republican candidate and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich by more than $3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.

According to paperwork submitted by the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee Inc. to the Federal Election Commission Tuesday, Mr. Paul hauled in $13.32 million between October 1st, 2011 and December 31st, 2011.

On the other hand, paperwork submitted by Newt 2012 to the FEC reveals that Mr. Gingrich pulled in $9.82 million during the last three months of 2011.

The paperwork submitted by both presidential campaign committees discloses that Mr. Paul outraised Mr. Gingrich by $3.5 million. Mr. Gingrich’s paperwork also reveals that Newt 2012 is still in debt. The Georgia Republican’s campaign owes nearly $1.2 million. Mr. Paul, however, is not in debt. The Texas congressman’s campaign owes zero dollars.

Despite Mr. Gingrich’s fundraising issues, the Georgia Republican managed to win the South Carolina Republican primary on January 21st. However, Mr. Gingrich lacks the fundraising power to stay competitive against former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. According to paperwork submitted by Romney for President Inc. to the FEC, Mr. Romney brought in $24.3 million during the fourth quarter of 2011.

Although Mr. Paul has not won a primary or caucus, the former Air Force surgeon continues to rake in cash from grassroots fundraising campaigns. The bulk of Mr. Paul’s fourth quarter cash was pulled in during his “Veterans Day,” “Tea Party” and “South Carolina” money bombs.

Both Mr. Paul and Mr. Gingrich have vowed to stay in the race for the Republican presidential nomination until the Republican convention in August.

“We’re going to stay in and see what comes of it,” Mr. Paul said on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday. “There have been a lot of ups and downs so maybe there will be some downs and we will be able to pick up the pieces,” Mr. Paul told CNN’s Candy Crowley.

Comment

Working...