• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Best Fucking News Ever!

The feel good story of the year.

Led Zeppelin's lead singer Robert Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page must face a U.S. jury trial over whether they stole opening chords for their 1971 classic "Stairway to Heaven." In a decision on Friday, U.S. District Judge Gary Klausner in Los Angeles said "Stairway" and the 1967 instrumental "Taurus" by the band Spirit were similar enough to let a jury decide whether Plant and Page were liable for copyright infringement. The lawsuit was brought by Michael Skidmore, a trustee for the late Randy Wolfe, also known as Randy California, who was Spirit's guitarist and the composer of "Taurus." Skidmore said Page may have been inspired to write "Stairway" for Led Zeppelin after hearing Spirit perform "Taurus" while the bands toured together in 1968 and 1969, but that Wolfe never got credit.
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Big deal. A bunch of lawyers are gonna get richer than they already are.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't hear it.

Actually ironically this may be one of the only songs they didn't steal.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Well done slave SESH You are standing up to your master. All you need to do now is to severe the shackles that bind your deranged post of ignorance and fear of the plagiarist Page. You will be a free man in 10 or 20 years.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I don't hear it.

About 45 seconds in the riff starts that sounds similiar to the main riff in Stairway.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Would this be a good time to sing praises unto my Most Unholy name?

Get back in the tool shed and start suffering, damn it!!
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I don't hear it.

I kinda hear it but it doesn't sound to me like Zep ripped it off. I mean, it's substantially different. We ain't talkin Ray Parker rippin off Huey Lewis similar.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Good damn it! They did rip it off and they are so going to have their plagiarizing asses handed to them.

End.Of.Fucking.Story.

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't hear it.

Yea, I don't see it either. The guy probably just got the copyrights to the wrong song.........
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I said End.Of.Fucking.Story.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      About 45 seconds in the riff starts that sounds similar to the main riff in Stairway.
                      Not enough though. It doesn't resolve and there is no vocal melody in any case. This case has no merit and is plain silly. There are only 7 notes in any key, claiming copyright when 4 kind of follow each other is nonsense.

I think these cases usually have musicians in the jury, it's going to get thrown out. Weird that this comes up 45 years later when they undeniably ripped off so much other stuff...
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-12-2016, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Kristy

So if they win: Mea Culpa from you?

Does Kristy ever admit when she was wrong? You will need that in relationships:

There are keyboards and drums and singers in this song...i think they ripped off Nebucanever.

Whatever. The leastest with the mostest. So many things to protest in this world and you choose Led Zeppelin. That makes you valuable how?

Comedy.
                        Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-13-2016, 01:19 AM.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

I think these cases usually have musicians in the jury, it's going to get thrown out. Weird that this comes up 45 years later when they undeniably ripped off so much other stuff...
                          A lot of the stuff they "ripped off" was based on traditional music. The songs are usually creditted to the first person who recorded them not the actual writer or writers. Pages response to accusations of plagarizing those songs is usually he felt like they had changed them enough to earn songwriting credits for them.
                          Last edited by cadaverdog; 04-13-2016, 02:20 AM.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Well, they took Blind Willie Johnson's "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and changed the lyrics considerably.....

And then in 1994, the 77s kept Zeppelin's arrangement, but took the lyrics back to how Willie wrote it.....

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

It's Kristy's Ghey to think you own notes. You want to keep it secrect? Never play

Originally posted by Satan
                              Well, they took Blind Willie Johnson's "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and changed the lyrics considerably.....

And then in 1994, the 77s kept Zeppelin's arrangement, but took the lyrics back to how Willie wrote it.....

Der they credited that: Get your hands off of my women.

Look out! They used the Riff you thought that was yours!

You want to keep it secret? Never play it.

Like Dave said...record all of our concerts and shit:

The Grateful Ghey stole from everybody...and well you know...In music...if you want to teach your kid...don't even buy them a piano:

The cosmos gave me music...guess i should sue it.
                              Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-13-2016, 03:07 AM. Reason: "Intellectual Property" is Ghey.
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...