• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Station Night Club fire ten years later

As we approach the ten year anniversary on 2/20/03

Here is the UNCUT full video (20 mins) one long continuous shot from before and after the fire.

Your thoughts and reflections on one of the worst fires in American history.

• LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

I opened for JR's Great White a few months ago, and it still haunts him, and he feels terrible about it.

That's all I have to say.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      I opened for JR's Great White a few months ago, and it still haunts him, and he feels terrible about it.

That's all I have to say.
      My question is why did he bring "desert moon" out of retirement after promising to never play it live again. (That was the song that they were playing when the fire broke out.)

He brought it out of retirement and he fell on his ass.

Last edited by WARF; 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I don't know....

But the guy shouldn't have even been onstage when this was taken. He was fresh out of the hospital.

He looks/sounds nothing like this now.

Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Eerie foreshadowing of the EXIT sign @ 4:14

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

He looks/sounds nothing like this now.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Fire codes exist for a reason. Why they lit those fireworks on that small stage in a club that packed is beyond me. Also if you are going to be using that stuff, have some people at the ready with some fire extinguishers ready to go. Sure the club owner used flammable packing foam instead of acoustical foam, the reality is, there are lots of flammable things in a building. It's kind of makes sense to not light fireworks off by wall coverings and other things that can burn.

It was just a bunch or careless mistakes that led up to a disaster. If you own a pubic building or a business, it's up to you to make sure it's safe for the people in it. That means staying on top of a lot of things including what people in your building are doing.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Pyrotechnics at a club in Perm Russian caused another 109 lives in 2009.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

We also had a bad one.

The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                    Eerie foreshadowing of the EXIT sign @ 4:14
                    What happened is the people at the back by the fire started to panic and rushed towards the door. It would be just like being in a crowd at a concert with everyone pushing on you. Just seeing all those people stuck in the doorway and nobody coming out, knowing the smoke and fumes are filling the building. I'm sure a lot of people just died being crushed by the crowd. Once a crowd loses it, there's nothing you can do and the way the fire was spreading there was no time. It was like having two burning christmas trees going and unless someone has fire extinguishers ready to go or the building has a sprinkler system, there is not much to stop it. The people at the back are going to panic and push towards the door and clog the exit pipe.

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

59 people dead at Club Santika in Thailand... the name of the party was called, "Goodbye Santika"

Moments before the fire...

Outside during the fire

Bodies piled up after the fire (Warning very graphic)

Comment

• WARF
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        What happened is the people at the back by the fire started to panic and rushed towards the door. It would be just like being in a crowd at a concert with everyone pushing on you. Just seeing all those people stuck in the doorway and nobody coming out, knowing the smoke and fumes are filling the building. I'm sure a lot of people just died being crushed by the crowd. Once a crowd loses it, there's nothing you can do and the way the fire was spreading there was no time. It was like having two burning christmas trees going and unless someone has fire extinguishers ready to go or the building has a sprinkler system, there is not much to stop it. The people at the back are going to panic and push towards the door and clog the exit pipe.
                        The most tragic part of this event was that there was three other doors to get out of, but it appears throughout history repeating itself the natural human instinct is to leave from the front door or the place you entered. The station has three other exits that mostly nobody else used located on both sides as well as an exit in the back by the stage. I am not sure if the back stage exit would have been usable given the circumstances surrounding this.

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Every time this has come up over the last decade I think back to all the gigs I did in the 80s when our "pyro" guy's rig consisted of scoops of gun powder in coffee cans painted black with spliced electrical appliance wires hooked up to light switches bolted to a piece of plywood for a controller...(!) and I wonder how the fuck we lived through it.

And I think of Great White's guitarist, and how I probably would've been the dude running back in to save his favorite guitar, too...

Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                            The most tragic part of this event was that there was three other doors to get out of, but it appears throughout history repeating itself the natural human instinct is to leave from the front door or the place you entered. The station has three other exits that mostly nobody else used located on both sides as well as an exit in the back by the stage. I am not sure if the back stage exit would have been usable given the circumstances surrounding this.
                            The problem is the place was packed. Unless people head for all the exits in orderly fashion, you are stuck in the crowd. It's why they do fire drills in schools. So everyone knows where the fire exits are and they have a practiced routine to get everyone out. In a club you don't have that advantage. Also, the people there are drinking alcohol and some probably are on drugs. The reasoning isn't there.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've noticed a fashion now to use CO2 effects, at the very large club gig I was at last week they had about 6 of them and it worked really well.

Seems to make sense to go for the complete opposite of a fire pyro.

I wondered if a fire broke out would they be able to actually use the stage effects to put it out?

Comment

Working...