• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave's site shows a pic of him with the triplets. Saying, "Texas!'

More shows coming?

Comment

Originally posted by WARF View Post
      Dave as old as he is at least sang with his real voice , Paul Stanley is a karaoke act with two KI$$ imposters.

Genes hypocrisy knows no bounds….
      Ace is out and about still doing shows. I went and saw him. It was fun. The crowd really was into it.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
        Gene's just saying Dave got old... although all the face paint, hair dye and costumes can't hide his age either.

I'd say a 72 year old man in black tights and platform shoes isn't that far removed from bloated nekid Elvis on the floor... there ain't nobody that wants to see that shit...
        People go to a KISS show because they blow a lot of shit up. Kind of the same reason you go to a Chinese New Year celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfsbane View Post
          Dave's site shows a pic of him with the triplets. Saying, "Texas!'

More shows coming?
          Doubtful any further touring is being considered...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Doubtful any further touring is being considered...
            I'd tend to think not. I don't think Dave would have even made the retirement announcement unless he was serious about the Vegas shows being his last gigs, and I'm assuming his reasons for making those Vegas gigs his last ones are serious: I tend to doubt Dave would pull a KISS at this stage of the game and announce a bullshit retirement series of shows just in order to sell tickets, and after the Vegas shows are over he's gonna keep touring "back by popular demand!"
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

I think Dave will continue to be active - more a semi retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                I'd tend to think not. I don't think Dave would have even made the retirement announcement unless he was serious about the Vegas shows being his last gigs, and I'm assuming his reasons for making those Vegas gigs his last ones are serious: I tend to doubt Dave would pull a KISS at this stage of the game and announce a bullshit retirement series of shows just in order to sell tickets, and after the Vegas shows are over he's gonna keep touring "back by popular demand!"
                Based on Dave's references to Alex... I got the distinct impression that without Edward... the Van Halen chapter is being closed. For whatever motivation that led to Dave choosing to do those few last shows, it's probably just to put an exclamation point on that phase of his life/career, possibly a celebration of his Van Halen legacy and doing it on his own terms.

From there... more frog doodling, cartoons and hopefully something musical...

Comment

Based on Dave's references to Alex... I got the distinct impression that without Edward... the Van Halen chapter is being closed. For whatever motivation that led to Dave choosing to do those few last shows, it's probably just to put an exclamation point on that phase of his life/career, possibly a celebration of his Van Halen legacy and doing it on his own terms.

Common Questions About Frog Mythology
                  Who is the God of frogs? The God of frogs is Heket who is represented in Egyptian mythology as a goddess with a frog head and human body. Heket was said to protect women during childbirth and it was believed she brought balance, fertility, and order to the world.

What does seeing a frog mean spiritually? Spiritually, frogs typically symbolize prosperity, good luck, purity, fertility, transformation, potential, renewal, growth, rain, natural cycles, and healing depending on culture and context.

Are frogs a good omen? Frogs are considered good omen in many cultures including Egyptian, Greek, Irish, Chinese, and Japanese cultures. Many cultures believe frogs are a symbol of fertility, prosperity, and transformation.

What do frogs mean biblically? Frogs symbolized fertility for the ancient Egyptians, yet the Frogs Plague is said to have occurred in Ancient Egypt around and is documented in the Bible in Exodus 8:1-4 as the 2nd of 10 plagues.

Comment

That's some interesting mythology... they still taste like chicken though...

Comment

I mean, I can't imagine Dave, Alex or Wolfie going forward would be performing under the moniker 'Van Halen'...sadly but certainly for me, that band died with Eddie...and I can't see Dave, Alex or Wolfie having the heart to try and continue under the Van Halen band name without Eddie, irrespective of if they could do so and have a degree of success with it. I'd certainly agree that Dave was THE voice of Van Halen - the only voice of the band that mattered to me - and I'd like to think as you surmise that those last few shows are just Dave's way of putting that voice and those songs to rest far as a live setting goes.

Beyond the Vegas gigs, my ears would certainly welcome hearing what Dave has and would come up with far as studio stuff. At this stage of the game, I personally wouldn't want to see Dave try and continue fronting rock combos essaying the CVH material, or try and reconvene the EEAS lineup...I just don't think Dave has much of anything left in the tank to do either of those scenarios justice, and that's strictly because Dave...he just got old, you know? It happens.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

That's some interesting mythology... they still taste like chicken though...

Yummy! I love frog legs. The best I ever had were in Florida. The second best were in France.

Comment

Frog legs and a shake (?)
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

I suppose the "Unless It Isn't" (a tagline second to Hell Freezes Over) leaves it open ended
                            but unless the venue prohibits it, why not pro shoot the "last" show(s) and release 'em for
                            folks who miss their "last chance" to see him live?
                            I'm still a little bitter about the cancelled Darien Lake Sam & Dave show back in 2002 (found
                            out about it 10 minutes from the venue - grrrr emoji) but I would probably watch a final gig
                            show if it was made available.

Y'know, just because...
                            Originally posted by sadaist
                            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by silverfish View Post
                              I'm still a little bitter about the cancelled Darien Lake Sam & Dave show back in 2002 (found
                              out about it 10 minutes from the venue - grrrr emoji)
                              We made it to Erie before Von called and said there's no show.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverfish View Post
                                I suppose the "Unless It Isn't" (a tagline second to Hell Freezes Over) leaves it open ended
                                but unless the venue prohibits it, why not pro shoot the "last" show(s) and release 'em for
                                folks who miss their "last chance" to see him live?
                                out about it 10 minutes from the venue - grrrr emoji) but I would probably watch a final gig
                                show if it was made available.

Y'know, just because...
                                I'd say it'd be a proposition to perhaps shoot the shows and upload them to Dave's site, and then either display them for free or for a small fee...

I mean, the reality is that at least one audience member is going to film the show(s) on their phone and upload it to youtube for free, and given the choice between viewing it on youtube for free - as shitty as the sound on smartphone audio is vs. professionally mixed - or paying money for an official release, another reality is that people are fine with viewing it on youtube.

The days when Dave was going to proshoot a solo show and sell an amount of copies making the production of a live video worthwhile are long, long gone.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...
                                X