No announcement yet.

So it's Vegas again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave should release a remix: Yelp The Night Away or Strangled Frog The Night Away.

Fucking unbelievable that he would go in front of people with that horrible noise and not realize it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      Really? I'm in 2 bands but it doesn't feed and clothe me so if I didn't enjoy rehearsals I don't think I would do it.
      It’s true. I do almost all of my preparation On my own in advance .
      I work with different groups with other people who also work in different groups.
      In my world Rehearsals are few and far between.
      They’re a scheduling nightmare way too often.
      I don’t hate rehearsing per se, but it’s often impractical .
      I’ve gone on tours with no prior rehearsal. It can be anxious.
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

I think that's why you are so upset, you seem to still as a middle aged man worship him in a weird fanboy way. That makes you resent him inevitably not being as good as he once was now he is in his mid 60s.
        You're an incoherent drunken idiot. As usual. Dave sounds like fucking shit. He has since 1993. Case closed.

His accomplishments are amazing. And still going strong in other areas (mountaineering n his 60's, for example).

But he needs to end his singing career. Them days long long long gone

Comment

• Comment

• About what I expected from your intellect. Go iron your kilt (Dress).

Any man saying a kilt is not a dress probably carries a "murse" and refuses to accept he's carrying a purse.

Does your purse match your dress?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
              How can Dave not realize that he sounds awful? What's wrong with him? His ego doesn't seem as huge as when he deserved to have a huge ego, so how can he not realize he has become a joke? He is unlistenable and unwatchable.

I'm embarrassed for him. Maybe his voice gave Eddie cancer.
              It’s called ego and Dave has a big one. Dave is like the old dude that forgets to put on his pants when he goes out to get the mail but he still thinks he can ride the motorcycle in the garage and if he could remember where the keys are he would try.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• It’s still early but no videos have shown up of tonight’s show yet.
                I wonder if (after all the backlash) a memo was sent down from on high?
                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
                  Backing vocals sounded piped in.
                  I thought so, too. The way they sit in the mix...sounds like a triggered audio clip.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Piece of advice David on behalf of the Legacy of that 'Dave!!!' guy. Release that damn John 5 LP like now. I am not talking money but at least one thing which actually sounds really good before you butcher any interest with this current expression you're putting on stage
                    I got lost in the...

Comment

I think on this occasion it was genuine I think he missed his cue and got lost in the first verse.
                      I posted my Trunk comment having not watched the CA Girls clip. I assumed the
                      UCR "forgot the words" was referencing one of DLRs stock concert lines ("Look at
                      all the people here tonight"). Clearly that wasn't the case. I watched (most of) 4
                      clips - CA Girls, YRGM, DTNA, and Unchained (one of my favorite VH songs.) Just
                      couldn't finish watching any of them and didn't make me wanna watch any others.

If I was drunk and in Vegas, I might be enjoying the show. Definitely the music and
                      maybe giving the vocals a boozy (on my part) pass. My suggestion - DLR should just
                      be talking all the lyrics (the ones he can remember) and not even try to sing. Don't
                      try to hit any notes - just use whatever growly voice he has left and talk 'em out. I
                      think it'd go a lot further than his "singing" does.

I hope these Vegas shows aren't any sort of "audition" for the KISS tour. If that's the
                      case Dave might find he's suddenly got some free time on his hands come February...
                      Originally posted by sadaist
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by silverfish View Post
                        I hope these Vegas shows aren't any sort of "audition" for the KISS tour. If that's the
                        case Dave might find he's suddenly got some free time on his hands come February...
                        You don't choose a support band based on how they sound, it's a business decision.

Ki$$ will be happy for Dave's vocals to be off as it will just make them look better since 95% of their audience won't even realise they are miming.

If they did know then surely they wouldn't be there...

Comment

• Finally got to check out the opening night fan videos... I'm glad I didn't waste anytime getting to this. All I can say is...disappointing... Dave could have done far better.

To add to some of the great commentary here... the high register bullshit and yelp nonsense are a product of two factors. Dave thinking he's adding emphasis to that vocal phrase and Dave getting excited, adrenaline kicks in and it all goes to shit... Dave forgets rule number one for vocalists. Let the power amps and the engineer do their job driving the mains. There's no throttle on a mic. Finally... old muscles lose flexibility and with adrenaline, tense up... triple that at 60+ with reduced lung capacity... that diaphragm and vocal chords just can't function smoothly unless they are relaxed. Someone close needs to be straight honest with Dave that his high register shit sounds like he's raping a damn cat and... knock it the fuck off!

Other notes...

Don't blame the smart phones. I've been in that room. It's solid acoustically. They have a top notch sound system. It's small enough that you get an excellent sound spectrum anywhere in the room. You're not hearing floor monitors with those vocals... guitar, bass and drums sound great... vocals are crisp and clean, a little too dry... it's the performance that's poor. I couldn't listen past the first verse & chorus of DTNA... my gawd that sucked elephant ass...

Backing vocals are piped in... they are too consistent, on key and have a thin mix that doesn't sound organic at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Dave was using the prerecorded backing tracks Van Halen used 2007-15 that Ed, Wolfgang and Lukather recorded for the reunion tour.

The supporting band sounded pretty competent, tonally solid and fluid... I'd say the drummer was the weak link. But we've been spoiled with Ray Luzier and Alex VH...

Getting through this initial Vegas run Dave will have some time off and really should revisit recordings of his 2007/8 performances... call up the vocal coach he used leading up to that tour and work on putting a better vocal performance together. I truly believe Dave's capable doing far better... never will achieve his peak again, but could at least make an effort to competently deliver something decent...
                          Last edited by ZahZoo; 01-11-2020, 09:09 AM.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
                            I couldn't listen past the first verse & chorus of DTNA... my gawd that sucked elephant ass...
                            I couldn't go further than the first 4 lines.
                            Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-11-2020, 09:27 AM.
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                              I thought so, too. The way they sit in the mix...sounds like a triggered audio clip.
                              Like, right off the bat, you could tell: a bit TOO flawless...possibly a blend of triggered audio clips and actual live onstage backing vocals.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Second nite sounds like a better performance...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...
                                X