X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    meet me at a VH show and I will make sure you are moved!
    That's the best offer I've had in a while...wear those sexy orange shorts and I'm there.
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Northern Girl
      That's the best offer I've had in a while...wear those sexy orange shorts and I'm there.
      Deal!

Comment

• Toddb
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jun 2010

Over 14,000 wild VH fans at the X on Saturday. So glad "Cradle" was added to the setlist. By far best VH pictures are by Melodic rock concert.

The St Paul pictures will be posted in 2 days!

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Speaking of pics - Xcel wouldn't let me bring my camera in - said the lens was too long. Who am I to argue - my telephoto is about as long as my arm - so I was forced to snap pics with my iPhone, which doesn't take pictures for shit. Glad someone has some quality shots from that show for all of us to share!
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I didn't even bother to bring a camera. Glad too because I had a 6+ foot monster in front of me and couldn't see the stage anyway.
            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

The =VH= Upgrade Story:

This was one of those 'dream-come-true' situations for me - and not just for the tickets in question, mostly because I was attending this show with my cousin (long-time VH fan, incredible guitar player, and all-around nice guy). We had talked for decades of some day attending a Van Halen show together. We grew up with the music - learned it together, loved it together, and lived it together. Long story short: this guy had a shitty hand dealt to him in life, and Van Halen was something we could connect with and relate to in life. After 30 some years we were finally making it happen, and we were both beyond stoked. The only problem... ticket brokers snatching up all the good seats before us 'general public' schmoes could get the goods. I was waiting with my hand on the mouse - waiting for the precise time to snatch up my seats when they went on sale - password entered, credit card info at the ready - all I had to do was click. Even being diligent and absolutely prepared for the big moment, the only seats I could get were Section 222, which is literally BEHIND the stage. Whatever - it's all good - we're there for the music anyway, right?

So being beyond excited, we get to the Xcel way early and are virtually the first ones in the door - and literally the first ones on the upper level. There's us, and there's a hand-full of Xcel ushers in red shirts standing by. My cuz and I go up to the first one we see and I say:

Me: "Hey man, can you take our picture? This is a big occasion for us - we're finally seeing Van Halen together!"

Usher happily snaps our picture and says:

Usher: "So you're big Van Halen fans?"

Me: "Dude - the biggest - you won't find bigger Van Halen fans on the planet."

Usher: "You want to get closer?"

Me: "Huh?"

Usher [speaking confidentially, as people are now starting to arrive behind us]: "Do you want better seats?"

Me: "For real? Hell yeah!"

The usher pulls a stack of tickets out of his pocket, snaps the rubber band off of them, and fans them out like a deck of cards. He pulls the first two off the deck, holding them close to his waist and looking around nervously - as if this isn't something he's supposed to be doing - and says...

Usher: "Give me your tix and take these."

Me [Suspicious we're being scammed]: "No bullshit - this is for real?"

Usher: "For real - but hurry - and have a good time!"

My mind refuses to believe that this is for real and not some kind of elaborate scam involving some psycho dressing up in a counterfeit Xcel uniform and deliberately fucking with random Van Halen fans. I study the embroidered Xcel logo stitched onto his shirt for a second, and intuitively decide that lady luck is on our side tonight, mentally saying: 'Fuck it, it's worth the risk...' and verbally saying:

Me: "Dude - holy fuck. You just made my day. My week! My year! My life!"

Usher: "No problem - have fun!"

Moved from Section 222 - absolute nosebleeds with a shitty view of the action - to up front Section 120 with a view I'll never forget - could see the stage almost directly to the right of Wolf's side, the big screen (at a slight angle) and the activity behind the stage. Still not sure how or why that usher had a pocketful of tickets, because that section - and every section I could see in the arena - was packed full, but there it is. Fuck if I care anyway - we got amazing seats simply by being die-hard David Lee Roth/Van Halen fans and being in the right place at the right time. Definitely a =VH= memory I'll never forget...
              Last edited by Zing!; 05-22-2012, 08:12 PM. Reason: Memories - pressed between the pages of my mind...

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Just happened to someone in KC from what their tweet says. #toocool.
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Angel
                  Just happened to someone in KC from what their tweet says. #toocool.
                  Multiple tweets now about people getting moved up....lucky people!!!
                  Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Okay, I've been spending way too much time on twitter. I just used a hashtag here...and now I'm going to go tweet this
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Toddb
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Jun 2010

Great story Zing. My son who runs Melodic Rock Concerts and myself had floor seats right in front of the soundboard. Security was super tight. No way we were moving any where closer, but one guard did allow my son to move closer (row 8) to take some great pics of the VH boys! Here is the Flickr link! Enjoy! PM me if you are interested in pro prints.

Van Halen rips it up at St. Paul, MN's Xcel Energy Center after taking a week-long break on their "A Different Kind of Truth" Tour

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Toddb
                        Great story Zing. My son who runs Melodic Rock Concerts and myself had floor seats right in front of the soundboard. Security was super tight. No way we were moving any where closer, but one guard did allow my son to move closer (row 8) to take some great pics of the VH boys! Here is the Flickr link! Enjoy! PM me if you are interested in pro prints.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melodic...7629824518850/
                        Nice pics, mind if I post on the RA Facebook Page?
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• rafa
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Sep 2011

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Comment

• loucap81
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2012

In case anyone cares this is up at Dime:

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                              Don't get rid of that, it has magical properties!!!!
                              I thought of you when I took that pic, Shoes.

Grabbed a few handfuls and stuffed it in my pocket for my kids. They were in awe: "Is this REAL Van Halen confetti?"

Comment

• Toddb
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                Nice pics, mind if I post on the RA Facebook Page?
                                Sure go for it, just credit the picks for Matt at Melodic Rock Concerts

Comment

Working...